Difficulty... hum

When it comes to class S1, S2 and X, the difficulty is seriously increased and that’s not right. This just close the door to many players.

The hard’s difficulty level is, excuse me, way too hard. So, again, for example, many players can’t access the championships races.
I know there will be some “I’m the king of the road and I did all at the higest level”… but, bragging’s experts, you help nobody as
the majority of players are not… “the king of the road”…

2 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

100% correct. considering they have made it available on gamepass to introduce a ton of new players they sure have gone about it ALL WRONG.

1 Like

I have a question tho…if they make it easier, what are the fast players gonna do? I mean it’s called “unbeatable” or “expert” for a reason. If you can’t beat the AI, that’s no issue. Just turn the difficulty down. That’s what it’s there for.

2 Likes

I’m fine with Unbeatable living up to its name, but I was literally on Pro in 4, and now I’m on Highly Skilled and sometimes Above Average in 5 because the Drivatars are so broken, especially in Dirt and Cross Country races. I really wish highbrow people like you would stop making this whole situation about player capability, when in reality, most of it is because of lazy and bad programming resulting in cheap and cheating AI.

1 Like

In order to get the rewards in the season championship, you have to win it in a specified difficulty level. This is only partly so high that it is hardly possible to win these championships, especially for newer players. In addition, the AI feels completely unfair.

In the Dirt season championship (where you get the horn, I can’t think of the name right now) I’ve only finished 11th or 12th several times with different cars. It’s just not possible for me to finish this championship. And when you see that the AI magically has 100% traction in corners, or a car suddenly passes you from behind at a high speed, the game just feels unfair, and especially newer players will surely get frustrated.

In general, I now only play on the average difficulty level, and even that is such a thing: road races are too easy again, but Dirt and Cross races I still can’t win in some cases. This inconsistency upsets me, and I don’t want to race every time, only to abandon it again to lower the difficulty even further. Also, on the average, or even slightly higher difficulty, I expect to have a chance to win with all my cars without it being unfair or even boring. After all, this game is about the variety of different brands and classes, and in the previous games it was never a problem that I drove a car I was in the mood for, and I could still enjoy exciting races.

1 Like

Well, the word “easier” is not appropriate as it’s not easy at all at this unbeatable level. Tell me where is the interest to have this level of difficulty… For 3 % of players? Where is the interest?
Sure, everyone can change their level of difficulty but, as I said, this change mostly nothing when it comes to S1, S2 and X, execpted at the very low level of difficulty, like beginers or “turists”. But who wants to play with these so low level? Also the system is “perverted”. Imagine you play at a middle level of difficulty, you race in A class and all is fine. Then you take a S2 or X car class and suddenly it"s like your level of dificulty increased and not a little when you changed nothing in your parameters about difficulty. There is here a confusion between car’s class and level of difficulty. In short, you can not have a middle difficulty if you choose a S1, S2 or X car class. So the question is… Why? It’s absurd.

So, yes, everyone can play at lower level but… championships are closed and litteraly reserved to these some “king of the road” as you can NOT change the difficulty level for the championship races.
Personaly, I like not to be at low level but this don’t means I’m masochist and I like driving against a AI super overpowered. I sugest to the developpers to play themselves and we will see if they find that very fun.

Removing custom adventure racing kills the whole game for me as well