Did I sell out?

So my first post is very controversial to me at least. I’ve been a traditional rwd guy being that real life I drift with a rwd car.
I didn’t play a lot of games till fh4 landed on my lap by accident resulting with drifting online. Didn’t take fh4 as serious with keeping up with scores but fh5 ive taken a little more serious. That being said it gets real annoying to drift online and continuing to be beaten by the awd jeeps Bentleys and other vehicles that naturally wouldn’t be a good platform for real life drifting. I’m under no assumption that forza horizon games are not going for realism. but come on guys shouldn’t there be a different class?
Now looking at previous posts I realize this is a sensitive subject and it should be. Now that being said I decided to create a awd drift car. In a sense getting 1st and 2nd place again felt great for the time being but its not as rewarding as the rwd class. Noticing that it almost takes no effort to score at least 100k more points than the traditional drifters and with the “right” tune the car drifts (slides) with almost no effort. I’ve also realized that using the handbrake is required more instead of using throttle and brake control to control the drift.
Now don’t assume this is a gripe about the game. Considering awd drifting a cheat isn’t really a option for me because the game offers the option to tune your vehicle in any numerous possibility’s that you can dream possible. Xbox games studios and playground games don’t state that the game is designed for realistic simulation gaming experience either.
Until they offer a designated drift game or class separation, I feel like my purist want to keep it rwd will just be a personal preference or at least. Creating separate classes depending build or tune types would be nice and I feel well received. Accepting 4th or 5th place online will just have to be the norm for now. As a added bonus I have met some cool people online because of forza drifting. If you online and see the name Klutchkick63 shoot me a add or message me I enjoy learning and helping people. Also making drift inspired livery’s keeps me going as well.

Do what works best for you. Ken Block has AWD drift cars.

1 Like