Design Styles: What’s your pick?

I make vinyls on PC, and Xbox. I use Glass2k which make a transparent window for you to work over.

1 Like

That’s impressive. I use only the vinyl editor on XBox & the available shapes.

You have to use the shapes, but it’s a bit easier.

1 Like

This is closer to the level I currently attempt when it comes to actual pictures :grin:
@TheWarmWind76: your comment about searching for Dragons gave me this idea, so let me know what you think, crude though it may be lol.

1 Like

I have only one preference : No anime. I hate it and just don’t get it.
My garage is sporting many kinds of paints, from straight up ‘just paint’ through race liveries, company liveries to the photorealistic looking ones.
I do paint many of my own but appreciate what others have to offer to the extent that I’ll get a 2nd car to download a good design if mine’s already painted in one of mine.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Perhaps I have to adjust the color of the blue stripe, because in one pic it’s light, in another it’s dark. As I don’t know exactly what it’s like in real life, I’ll try to leave a middle ground. Also I made the logo on the hood bigger because the Challenger in the game doesn’t have a scoop… Maybe I’ll reduce it a little, let’s see.

I prefer the original paintings, but I actually liked this Dodge! I will test it as soon as possible!

I tried the Corvette, it’s amazing, really thank you!

1 Like

My pleasure, glad you like it!

1 Like

Speaking of inspiration for designs: thought this tied in well with the “Carbon Stealth” themes. If you immediately know what this is, then you’re likely either a fellow pilot or maybe just old like me :smile:

2 Likes

It reminds me of the Oxcart? Lockheed, A-12? I just noticed the skunk :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Style cues for sure, but the YF-23 is Northrop/McDonnell Douglas; Skunk•Works is the Lockheed Martin ADP black ops branch :grin:

Yeah, my tired brain mixed them up. Next it’ll be the Grumman F-16 Hornet. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would like to mention something a bit different about one of my Vinyls. I think I have created the only animated car vinyl in the game. If you look at my Captain Marvel vinyl from two different angles it animates…

You see the flames, and the eyes change!

I’m not sure about your thoughts on exclusivity for having the only “animated” vinyl in the game. I’ve been using (what I assume) is a similar technique on my designs for a while with the graphics on the cars that can change as your viewing angle changes, like the SVJ Squadra Corse design below. I also remember reading something a while back about one of the top FH painters achieving a design that fully animated as your viewing angle changed which actually made it look like it was in motion.
How many layers did you end up using to create your design?

I usually use all the layers up. It was probably me you read about.