Design Styles: What’s your pick?

I have only one preference : No anime. I hate it and just don’t get it.
My garage is sporting many kinds of paints, from straight up ‘just paint’ through race liveries, company liveries to the photorealistic looking ones.
I do paint many of my own but appreciate what others have to offer to the extent that I’ll get a 2nd car to download a good design if mine’s already painted in one of mine.

2 Likes

My pleasure, glad you like it!

1 Like

Speaking of inspiration for designs: thought this tied in well with the “Carbon Stealth” themes. If you immediately know what this is, then you’re likely either a fellow pilot or maybe just old like me :smile:

2 Likes

It reminds me of the Oxcart? Lockheed, A-12? I just noticed the skunk :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Style cues for sure, but the YF-23 is Northrop/McDonnell Douglas; Skunk•Works is the Lockheed Martin ADP black ops branch :grin:

Yeah, my tired brain mixed them up. Next it’ll be the Grumman F-16 Hornet. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would like to mention something a bit different about one of my Vinyls. I think I have created the only animated car vinyl in the game. If you look at my Captain Marvel vinyl from two different angles it animates…

You see the flames, and the eyes change!

1 Like

I’m not sure about your thoughts on exclusivity for having the only “animated” vinyl in the game. I’ve been using (what I assume) is a similar technique on my designs for a while with the graphics on the cars that can change as your viewing angle changes, like the SVJ Squadra Corse design below. I also remember reading something a while back about one of the top FH painters achieving a design that fully animated as your viewing angle changed which actually made it look like it was in motion.
How many layers did you end up using to create your design?

1 Like

I usually use all the layers up. It was probably me you read about.

@Bravo437 me gustaría descargar el diseño del set Demon, como lo puedo conseguir? Me encantó!!

1 Like

I like realistic styles better. So usually clean. A few stripes or things here and there but not too much. I love building replica’s of real cars so I spend a lot of time on small details to make them as accurate as possible.

1 Like

Thanks, much appreciated & glad you like it! The design is available for download from my Creative Hub; just search by my gamertag: Bravo437. Enjoy!

It depends entirely on my whims. Sometimes I will go for a racing aesthetic. Sometimes I will see a car like the Ford RS200 and immediately have a design idea (in that case Spider-Car). On a couple of occasions I’ve emulated real world designs (such as particular police cars). And I used to get more ambitious and do designs based on album covers, book covers, TV show logos, or even based on cars from R4. But more often than not these days I just go with a specific yellow (starting with that two-tone XBOX green in the Special category and adjusting both tones), usually with a couple of parts done in carbon fiber.

1 Like

I don’t download a lot of liveries but when I do, it’s usually a Formula DRIFT livery.

1 Like

My garage is whiter than U2’s fanbase.
I just change the car’s color to white and that’s it

1 Like

I made the Formula Drift logo a while ago, along with the Fast & Furious stencil & used them on a few original designs. This one is probably my favorite.

Dragon Drift Design

Single color change mods to cars seems to be a common theme among a lot of players. I personally have a hard time not throwing some type of unique paint/design on any car I’m using. Some of my most popular downloaded & liked designs have been pretty simple paint schemes.

I usually make several types…

• Movies/Tv iconic cars :heavy_check_mark:
  • Replica racing cars :heavy_check_mark:
  • JDM :heavy_check_mark:
  • Some experiment xd :heavy_check_mark:

And of course, I try to do some anime, Transformers and waifus without much success. :joy:

I also usually use matte colors in most of the designs.

For example, this is one of the last ones I’ve done.

1 Like