Dedicated player's ten main grievances with FH5

Let it go

1 Like

I dunno Horizon tour has a lot of replayability, so does open but it’s really difficult, I’ve yet to come first in an open race, but usually come at least 3rd in tour…

Do good players just stick to open as the opponents are consistently really hard to beat?

Open racing is about the right car, and tune. I win 90% of open races.

No unfortunately some seem to get a kick out of taking their Open meta cars into Tour where they know it’s likely to wipe the floor with everyone else in the races, I’ve had at least 1 player with 1 of the level xxx Open badges next to their tag using a FXX or '05 GT in my past 3 S1 Anything Goes tours.

If they’re good enough drivers me in my R390 won’t have a chance, fortunately that hasn’t been the case in 2 Tours I used it but I tried the Ascari in the other one and could only win 1 race vs the FXX.

Then the guy just snarled at me when I asked him afterwards why a good driver like him is going into Tour with a car he already knows is top tier in the more competitive Open.

2 Likes

I agree with all the points you’ve raised here. This franchise has fallen so far from the grace that it once was, it genuinely makes me feel bad when I think about it. It’s akin to watching a loved one fall of the rails and slowly starting to self destruct, whilst they tell you they’re fine and they don’t need help.

Anyone who cares about this franchise can see the immense damage the direction the devs are forcing it in, is causing it. But no… it’s fine… over 10mil players at launch!.. It’s doing Great. The whole fan base complaining every week about boring, grindy, and contrived challenges? Nooo… Player engagement is at acceptable levels… It’s fiinne.

When are they going to realise that they’re destroying this franchise? I would say I hope they do before it’s too late, but I kind of think it is Already, too late. Personally, I have not touched this game in months, and many friends I have (who used to play Horizon 1, 2, and 3 regularly) are much the same.

6 Likes

Obviously using a meta car/tune increases your prospects of winning but driving skill is still the most important factor. There are a lot of people driving Shakers or FXXs who aren’t winning.

2 Likes

It’s all about practice really. If you are enjoying Tour for now stick to that. If you start finding that you are consistently at or near the front in those races, it’s probably a good point to brave Open. People on here will definitely be able to recommend competitive tunes to try to give you the best chance to do well.

1 Like

A tad over dramatic to say the least, its a game a form of entertainment, and before anyone says I’m not one of the “dedicated” forza brigade, I have been playing since the very first FM was launched, but like I said its just a game, I’m happy that its been going so long with so many incarnations and for as long as they keep producing them I will keep playing and enjoying them and if they ever stopped I would just find something else to play.

Great idea … go for a million dl. Just wait a few years… thats if your designs can be found.

4 Likes

@TheGillesMuller I do think that R390 is a bit underrated. I had a very good open battle against a meta build NSX last night on some street races. It’s in my top 10 AWD S1 options. The Ascari on the other hand, assuming you are using an AWD option, is relatively poor (I use a RWD powerbuild but it’s still only average).

2 Likes

The Ascari suffers in terms of grip in comparison to Horizon 4. Same for the EB110 and ATS.
They really fell from grace.

Imho meta cars in this game feel even stronger than before. The difference in pace on Sprint races between one of it and an average car can easily reach 10 seconds. The skill difference must be huge to close that gap.

Had a guy lately that ran 2:52 on A800 Vulcan Ascend in a '92 NSX. I was battling against the 3:00 mark in an Urus.
It was like two different worlds.

I don’t include Bone Shakers in my comment. I don’t use rewinds either. Everyone choses what they think of as cheating.

I had 1.5M downloads in FH4. I used 1M as my goalpost.

Well done . Congratulations. Then you got lucky you had a working fh4. That people accually find your designs. You cant set a goal when you have zero control over it.
But i found 2 goals just outside Azul on a sandy football pitch

Not particularly, this whole franchise is shrouded in the kind of self-denial you see in people like that. Its just all of the aforementioned issues are reaching a point where it’s just stupid to ignore now.

You should know that there is something fundamentally wrong with the game you’ve made when, there is a non-stop abundance of complaints being made about how un-fun and tedious the game-play cycle is. You should know from the get-go, that if you’re omitting content and features that were in previous games, just to artificially prolong engagement in your new game, that your game is going to be seriously flawed from day-one.

4 Likes

I have noticed they only fix things that benefit the players like the 4 points for every season they took it away, also they mucked up the wheelspins, because players were getting too much money from them.

Yet the problem with seasonal championships co-op remains broken despite them knowing about it for months.

2 Likes

Yeah I was using Nalak’s AWD tune for the Ascari, had to really push it to keep up with that FXX and was only successful on Estadio if I remember rightly.

Agreed on the R390 too, ever since we had that Rivals event on Descansar Dorado it’s become as close to a personal vehicle as you can get in FH for me, a quality driver in a top car will still be too much for it but I think it’s a pretty good sort of litmus test for the people driving those cars, it has enough to be able to punish anyone who doesn’t drive them well.

I’m afraid I have to agree with you. I achieved legendary painter status in FH4 but never came close to that number of downloads. If you are fortunate enough to build your follower base that will obviously help & of course there is the point of having designs that players will a actually want lol. Some of the painters on PC or with graphics assist programs can definitely achieve a much higher level of downloads based on the high quality of their work, so in those cases deserved, but I’ve seen way too many players get to those same levels with copy/paste simple vinyl designs across all vehicles as well as always “magically” being in the number one slot of the “Find new designs” page for the most popular cars with immediate multiple downloads & equivalent likes as soon as the selection rotates. Things that make you go “hmmmm” :thinking:

1 Like

If Horizon doesn’t get it’s act together, I’m genuinely considering TDU Solar Crown.

2 Likes

Just hope tdu solar crown is better than the abject failure that was tdu 2.