December DLC Clue Thread

It is that lovely time of the month where the DLC Clue thread comes into play. A time where I post some utterly vague clues about the cars of the upcoming December pack and you make your best guess. The December car pack will be released on Tuesday December 6 around 10 a.m. Pacific. Be sure to come watch me show off the cars of the pack in the Beam and Twitch streams that will start as soon as the pack is released.

https://beam.pro/forzamotorsport

So the rules here are simple. Only post your guesses. Keep banter to a minimum. One guess per person, but you can change your guess if a lightbulb comes on in your head. I may gift credits to correct guesses, I may not. I may like posts with correct guesses, I may not.

Most of all have fun, after all that is the primary purpose of the DLC Clue Thread.

Clue 1 Car 1

It is of the past, does not exist in the present and speaks to the future

Clue 1 Car 2

The Tifosi thought it was a ripoff.

Clue 1 Car 3

Being trendy can also be exciting.

Clue 1 Car 4

If it looks like a race car and drives like a race car but, does that make it a race car?

Clue 1 Car 5

Something is missing.

Clue 1 Car 6

Representing a period of absolute dominance.

Clue 1 Car 7

It was both the beginning and the end for this model.

Thanks for playing,

Johniwanna

4 Likes

I’m just hoping car 2 is the MR2. The Tifosi referring to ferrari fans and the mr2 was dubbed “the poor man’s ferrari”.

That’s the only guess I’ve got right now, and it’s probably more just wishful thinking than anything else.

2 Likes

Don’t we all hope the MR2 is brought back!
Don’t really have a clue for any of them.
One of them sounds like the DeLorean DMC-12 because for number 7 it says " it was the beginning and end for this model". The DeLorean only had the DMC-12 to current.
I guess they have said that they are remodelling it and selling it as a new car!

They would have to remodel it, too 'cause the original car would utterly fair safety tests. Seriously, a stainless steal body on a carbon fiber frame…not all that good in an accident.

My exact thoughts/hopes.

l’m guessing it’s the MR-2.

1 Like

Clue 4 is the Zenvo ST1

1 Like

Clue 1 Car 1
My first thought was DeLorean.

Edit
Clue 2 Car 6
Diva… well, Mariah Carey owns a Maybach 62S.

8 Likes

It exists in the present though. There’s a small company out there Manufacturing Deloreans. There’s a guy that brings his NEW Delorean to the Cars and Coffee event every month. I have some photos of it on my Onedrive account. http://www.newdelorean.com/

And let me tell you, That car is a dog Stock, even the old ones were dogs for their day.

So I’ll Guess: Ferrari 512S Modulo for clue 1

2 Likes

I’ve never understood the desire for it in racing games. It’s not a good car. Having said that, if almost be happy to get it so people would stop asking for it. I think the clue is obviously trying to get people to think that’s the car, hopefully to pull the rug out from under them

And I’ve also heard the Fiero called the poor man’s ferrari, but I would hope we would get the mr2 instead. It’s common in the mr2 community to hear it called that.

*insert meme of Clarkson telling Will.i.am the Fiero was the poor man’s mr2.

Because it’s an iconic car, and people like it. Could easily be made into a competitive car with Forza’s upgrades.

It’s an amazing car. I like to drive in chase view, and one of the most important things that makes a desirebale car in a game, is how good it looks from behind. Anything can be tuned up in this arcade racer as the physics aren’t entirely rooted in reality. So yeah, I want this car very much

1 Like

[Mod Edit - chatter removed - MM]

The clue itself is a reference to the name “Back to the future”

1. Delorean DMC.

Back to the future.

1. The only other car I can think of that got the label of “poor man’s ferrari” was the Pontiac Fierro. I mean… it’s worth a shot? Please be the Fierro.

2. Nissan Stagea…?

3. Panoz Esperante GTLM. Probably not it, but worth a shot. I’m thinking outside of the box (trying to get into the staff’s box)

4. 1967 Cadillac Eldorado. Really reaching here. Missing RWD.

5. Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible

6. Pontiac Aztec

1 Like

I think Clue 1 Car will be Dealorean DMC12

1 Like

Clue 1 Car 1

Delorean

Clue 1 Car 2

Fiero

Clue 1 Car 3

Tesla Model X?

Clue 1 Car 4

If it looks like a race car and drives like a race car but, does that make it a race car?

Clue 1 Car 5

Something is missing.

Clue 1 Car 6

75 Monza or 67 Belvedere (Both were used by drivers who dominated their series that year, Don Prudhomme (Monza) and Richard Petty.)

Clue 1 Car 7

Could car 1 be the Mazda Furai? I mean, it’s not of the distant past, but definitely of the past. It died in a fire, so does not exist in the present, and if I had to chose one sentence to describe the Furai, it would be: it speaks to the future. The car was as Top Gear put it: possibly the defining concept car of its era. Meaning it clearly had a big influence on automotive design. Cars of today even look like they might’ve been developed through inspiration from Mazda’s Nagare design language, the Furai was supposed to showcase. Could I be correct?

Omg please be the 67 Belvedere

Looks like somebody’s been sleep for 2 weeks

1 Like

Clue 1 Car 1

DeLorean

Clue 1 Car 2

Oakley Tacoma Surf Truck

Clue 1 Car 3

Fiat 500X

Clue 1 Car 4

Chevorlet 2005 Impala

Clue 1 Car 5

Something is missing.

BMW Z1

Clue 1 Car 6

Ferrari Tipo 500

Clue 1 Car 7

Pontic Aztek

1 Like