Cycled Production lobbies? Will they ever return?

I loved the cycled prod lobbies on FM5 and am wondering if we will ever get them back in FM6. They really were a good time.

8 Likes

I can’t seem to drive the cars stock anymore. They seem to twitchy, bringing the rear end around upon turn in, mid turn and even under braking. I’ve only tried a few RWD front engine cars though. I’m using sim steering on a pad so I know that’s a contributing factor. I will switch to normal for this lobby though if they ever open it!

1 Like

We might have to wait a year and a half like we did in forza 5 for the cycled production hoppers to return.

1 Like

Agreed, they were good fun.

3 Likes

Back in FM4 iT was THE only hopper I played. I just recently bought THE XboxOne and FM6, and Yes I do miss a ‘cycled production hopper’

3 Likes

It could come back as a 3rd league, cycling a different car each week.

With collisions on.

2 Likes

Turn 10 haven’t said anything, and until they do you should assume they’re not going to return.

1 Like

Anyone remember cycled production? Because I do. I miss cycled production more than any feature from or since forza 4. I liked the average ten minute race length, the forced vehicles, the lack of tuning, all of it. I even enjoyed driving the leaf and Prius around the tracks unmodified in a pack of like minded individuals.

Maybe I’m a small majority of the forza player base but I really miss running the cycled production hopper for hours on end.

Would it be possible to see a return of factory spec racing? I’d imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to implement a random car and track selector and just use all of the non-DLC vehicles. To keep race length consistent just base the number of laps around a track on the cars PI class. And the same could go for track layouts. An E class car would take short or medium circuits for four to seven laps while an A or S class car would take a full circuit for five or more laps. I would spend all of my time racing in a cycled production lobby. Which is what I normally did in forza 4.

Anyone else miss it too?

1 Like

It’s my favorite hopper. It took turn 10 a year and a half to implement it into forza 5, and I think it was a pretty popular lobby. But sadly the person responsible for cycled production was Phredesign and he left the company. There are a few lobby types missing obviously not just cycled, and it could be they’re missing because they want to fill the lobbies they already have which means less servers they have to run (money), they want people to play in leagues which was a good idea but in pinnacle I only see an average of 250-350 people actually playing it, or they are saving them for when the player base starts to shrink and they want to inject some life back into the game. Who knows what their thought process is at this point, but i just dont see how a franchise that got popular because of all the choices it gave it’s players could evolve into one that’s so basic, controlling and devoid of any kind of user preference.

1 Like

I loved it, but I remember it dropping off quite quickly…

I think we dont get these options anymore because the online player base is so small it cant afford to be split any finer and still allow for decent matchmaking and full(ish) lobbies.

When FM3 came out you could see how many were online and the numbers were shockingly low. FM3 never had more than 5000 online at one time, the average was only 2-3k. That wasnt nearly enough to fill the 30+ lobbies the game had.

It all comes down to numbers and if you want matchmaking and being able to connect to a big enough lobby, you have to cut back on the number of hoppers to make it work for what you do have.

1 Like

I also spent much of my time in the CP lobbies. I also enjoyed the sim one but that died so quick I never got many races in. Once people figured out that they were screwed damage wise the sissys left the room. Random cars, running them stock for 5 lappers was fun and relaxing. I didn’t mind losing to someone better than me. Most people are. But it got old fast when I’d get smoked by someone who I knew I was better because he had the tune for that track in the other lobbies.

2 Likes

Good points on the overall player online. I noticed only a few thousand times in most leagues. I’ve been very bored with the lobbies quickly in this version of forza. The cycled production may be hard to fill, I remember having trouble finding a lobby in other games. Turn 10 has just really dropped the ball on the community involvement of past games. It’s sad to see them decline.

Cycled production hopper is greatly missed

I do miss the Cycled Production racing too, as well the Muscle Car Drags, & (I know I will prolly get beat up for it but) I miss the Stock Car racing too. All great fun with close racing.

Do you all think a Cycled Production lobby with ghosting would work? Or full sim ghosting, where the only person that can damage your car is you? And if you quit you have to pay for the damage at a higher rate.

A Cycled Production League would be neat.

2 Likes