Crumpets Assemble

Just curious to how many OG forza painters and players are making their return in Horizon 5?

3 Likes

What does OG stand for?.. and Crumpets Assemble? You aren’t exactly being very clear.

2 Likes

Original. An ‘OG’ is a term for the first of their kind, people who’ve been doing what they’ve been doing since the very beginning.

1 Like

It’s a reference to FM3 & 4.
I guess ya had to be there.

I was never an actual member but just seeing the word ‘CRUMPETS’ put a massive grin on my face!!! :grin:

Took me right back to staring at my computer screen in disbelief that someone had actually painted a crumpet with the Forza editor :astonished:

Don’t think I’d ever fit into the ‘OG’ category(??) MiMiC but after taking a break at the end of FM4, I’ve been painting a bit more with each release since picking up FM6. I got the equivalent of the old Green Disk for H4 from Microsoft and really got the old buzz back. Then they broke the import feature about a year ago now and that killed the game for me as I can’t use Horizon’s editor because it’s 10 times slower than FM7’s.

Logged into H4 for the first time in about 8 months the other week just to check if it had ever been fixed… logged straight out again…. recently jumped into FM7’s booth and realised how much I missed it. Would love to say I’ll be in ¡Mexico! but it all depends on whether or not I can use the vinyl editor I prefer.

4 Likes

There are actually several workarounds to the FH4 import bug.

1 Like

Have you tried the editor in fh4 recently? They updated it …. Not with the easy/fast skip feature… but it works faster then it did…

2 Likes

You know what Snake? That never even occurred to me to check (tbh I got the hump with Support’s response to a couple of tickets I raised so just assumed nothing would get done about it).
I’ll give it a go later, cheers mate.

And Wildcat, cheers for getting back to me :+1:t5::+1:t5:

1 Like

I don’t get the crumpets bit, but while I did most of my painting back in FM3 I was also oblivious to anything resembling a community. I gotta say that I do miss the more uncensored days, though.

Crumpets started as a joke … it was the name I do believe Dra Rada coined for a “racing team” for lack of a better word. And I use thst term very lightly. It was meant to be an anybody could be a Crumpet. Lmao. It ended up being a thread with over 250,000 views and comments It kind of became something it was never intended to be.

Basically it was the dumbest thing ever, but also THE most fun & massive part of early Forza days for many.

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

lol, still causing havoc with your posts

4 Likes

Leave it to mimic to already have 2 moderators in here to keeps tabs on him to make sure this thread doesn’t get to 1,000 pages… again…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I was just looking for old names and to see who is still around. It was innocent I promise!!!

2 Likes

not sure how many are still logging on to check here but theres a few still posting on twitter, we’ll see if we can lure them back with the new game

2 Likes

Hey MiMic, sup man?!
Crumpets!!! Still remember that livery also LOL!!!

3 Likes

Waddup Fluex!! Glad to see another legendary painter still alive and kicking.

1 Like

Cheers brother!!!
Hope it’s all good at your end.
Will you be playing FH5?!

I’ll be painting a few cars for sure… and I’ll see what happens from there

2 Likes

Don’t call it a comeback… i’ve been here for years……
:upside_down_face: i’ll be “back” in fh5!
Good to see the crumpets are still rolling ey… :upside_down_face::+1::fire:

4 Likes