Crashes during race. Happens on some tracks, not all. amdxc64.dll is the faulting module

Same as title. In Event viewer the fault is with amdxc64.dll, which i’m guessing is either related to my videocard, a Radeon 5700XT, or my system, which has a Ryzen 2 2700X. This is Windows 10 64 bit as well.

Have already tried resetting the game in APPs, I’ve also tried uinstalling and reinstalling. I’ve tried setting video options to dynamic.

Getting same issue here. Runs fine for a number of races, than crashes over and over on same track. Tried the usual uninstall/reinstall, driver update, default video settings etc.

Running on Ryzen 9 3900X / 64GB DDR4-3200 / Radeon 16GB 6800 GPU. I am running Win 11 Pro though. I just figured it was a Win 11 fault. If I come across a fix and it is not posted here, i’ll post it up. Until then, I am thankful I still have my X1X to enjoy it on.

Same here, Win 10, Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Radeon RX 5600XT, 16 GB RAM.

Happens when the FPS is uncapped (or Radeon overlay is turned on), when I cap the FPS to BELOW 90 (e.g. 85) or use V-sync, it’s fine.

amdxc64.dll is the AMD’s DirectX 12 driver. Might create a topic on the AMD forums…

1 Like

Don’t mean to bump an older topic, but I have had this issue for months now with no fix. Only happens at 4 certain tracks in certain areas, but at random times. Radeon 5700XT, Ryzen 7 2700x.

I’m also having the same issue:

Windows 10, Ryzen 7 3700x, RX 5600XT, 144hz freesync monitor. Crashes happens on certain tracks. I noticed for now installing driver version 21.3.1 solves the issue.

Also tried resetting the game, starting new save file, reinstalling the game. None works with any driver after 21.3.1.
I haven’t tried every driver version though, the one I’ve tried are 22.1.2, 21.12.1, 21.11.3, 21.10.3, 21.10.2, 21.10.1, 21.6.1

Will try other versions when I have the time.
Please note that when using driver 21.3.1, you have to pause windows update. Otherwise windows update will automatically update the gpu driver.

UPDATE

Tried the above… Locked the framerate to 60. Using latest amd driver. Game is stable so far.

UPDATE 2
Turns out issue still persists. Had to use driver 21.3.1(whql). The best and most stable solution so far. Even works with windows 11.

1 Like

Just wanted to note that this happens on a cleanly installed FM7 on the 4th race with a new savegame. Consistent crashing on Watkins Glen. The game is unusable for me now.

From googling around a bit, this does seem to be something related to AMD rx5600/rx5700 video cards. Anybody know if this might be due to a driver issue with those cards, and if so, is there a working support forum/channel where this issue can be pushed?

1 Like

I’m getting the same error here, it crashes only when racing, idk what’s the matter, Turn10 don’t give a deamn