CPU usage

Do you know of any other PC title that add such restrictions like this?? As long as the GPU supports DX12 I think it should be up to the user to decide if they want to risk having bad performance by using a below minimum spec rig.
In my experience the minimum requirements are often even plain wrong. I have in quite a few games on my previous old phenom 2 rig been able to enjoy 60fps at even ultra settings even though according to minimum specifications that CPU was not enough. Also restrictions like this does not take into account if your system is overclocked or not. Let’s say you have a I5 2500k that falls below minimum requirements with a decent overclock this very same CPU can often perform as good or better than many of the latest generation chips, so it would be silly to prevent the game from being installed/launched in cases like those.

1 Like

I was mostly joking that as a PC gamer you don’t take no for an answer (or MINIMUM requirements), I don’t think that your attacking me, I know my system is under powered and I should probably buy an i5-4690K when I can afford it.

Dirt Rally minimum requirements is an i3 but the G3258 still runs it like a champ

if your interested my system spec is

CPU intel G3258

GPU 750Ti FTW

8g RAM

Motherboard
Msi H81M-E33

ssd 120g

Minimum specs are always a gamble. The try to catch the widest audience while upsetting the least people who feel ripped off. lol
I am totally unable to download it, so it’s moot anyway.

I see the same issue. Only really 2 cores in use and as they get maxed out my 980ti isn’t being fed enough work for it to fully spin up to 1500Mhz. Sits around 1100Mhz, sometimes lower if only 1 core gets maxed out.

I’m running…
i7 4690k @ 4.8
980ti @ 1500Mhz, 8Ghz Memory

Frame rate is not very high due to this. Unparking cores does not help

Still so far I really like the game, car handling feels good and enjoying the racing :slight_smile:

Yeah I’ve noticed the same thing. And it seems to use the hell out of it too.

You’d have thought coming from an 8 core CPU’d console, they’d be able to take advantage of extra cores by the design of the game engine. Guess it’s harder to use UWP to port than MS have been making out. I mean this is obviously why the beta, so they can get us to catch all the bugs before they go full retail on PC.

Are their some kind of solution for dual core users, g3258

Ben tryin to load for 2+ hours now…

is there a settings file I can edit to change settings to low. to see if the game will even open for me

edit> already have access to Windowsapps folder

Try different settings in the optimizer quality. I somehow got better performance on higher settings

I cant even get into the settings to change them…

what optimizer do you mean Agent Shnizler

dynamic render quality. that and setting the other one to custom with a performance target of 60fps.

I just came across a post on here that mentions poor performance on the Rio track (the location of the first race, though you likely knew that) but decent performance everywhere else. I’m tempted to reinstall the game and just complete the first race to see how it performs elsewhere.

Hi have a Xeon 1230V3 (GFX is Geforce 670 2GB) and same problem as other here, Core1 and Core4 are working at 100%, whilst Core2 and Core3 are doing… nothing…

I thought consoles use 8+ cores? Seems like a “not so good” port to me…

I wonder who is testing the game? Shure, it’s free, but neither the less it should work properly on a 4core (+HT) Cpu…

if its not utilizing both cores then something Is WRONG
Period
there is no reason a G3258/960 should’t be-able to run this at 60fps with everything set on dyanmic
the engine does a reasonably good job of picking out what options the gpu can handle
what it sucks at apparently is memory management which I suspect is a hold over from being on Xbox one with its unified memory pool (which is likely why it has absurd memory requirements)

I’m running the game very smoothly on my rig which has the following specs;

CPU-AMD FX 6300 at stock speed
GPU- single Sapphire Radeon R9-270X Dual-X with 2gb VRAM, also at stock speed of 1070
RAM-8 gb DDR3-1333 Corsair
HDD-1TB Seagate Barracuda

I have rendering quality on Medium. I can’t set it any higher because it says I don’t have enough VRAM
AF is set to 2X
MSAA is set to 4X
Everything else is on Dynamic.

The game looks great and runs buttery smooth. I don’t know what FPS I’m getting but it doesn’t matter since it’s so smooth. According to HwInfo the game uses over 10gb of virtual memory and was occasionally crashing when my page file was set at 1024mb. Doubling it to 2048 fixed that. HwInfo also reports 98% max CPU usage with 5 out of 6 cores hitting 100% and the other one 96. GPU usage is max 100% with almost all 2gb of VRAM used. Max CPU temp is 53C and the GPU only hits 63C.

If its hitting the page file on your HDD it won’t be smooth, I had to run out and grab another 8gb stick yesterday because the stuttering from running out of memory and the game accessing the page file. (And my page file was on an SSD…)

I have 16gigs of ram and even then after a few races it starts to constantly swap to the point where the game stutters and freezes up like crazy.

for some reasons the game does have a hunger for Vram
and its normal for a app to use the page-file
the pagefile is used for Paging … if you don’t understand that concept then please don’t comment on performance
as I said before the game has seemly terrible memory management something turn-10 and Microsoft will need to address
(yes ram is dirt cheap) but thats no excuse for a application using more ram than what is absolutely required
as for gpu load I haven’t seen anything higher then 70% with 50% being the avg on my 7970

What are you measuring the load with? I’m only using HwInfo and maybe it’s not that accurate. It only shows minimum and maximum numbers.