Correct braking technique?

thats why braking deadzones should be at 0-100 or similar to it. maybe 5-100 as some people tend to rest their finger on the brake and drag the brakes. but at 0-100 this is going to be the most brake travel you can get. Also try lowering the brake pressure below 100. i personally prefer to have a very short travel for my trigger so i up my brake pressure to 150% or greater depending on the car and 100% of my braking is done in 50-75% trigger travel in most instances.

I really think this setting should be removed from the tune and put into a global setting. I really hate having to adjust to every tuners choice of brake pressure when it is not my tune. Obviously it can be done, but it would be much preferred to do it as a global (any car with race brakes) standard setting as this is truly more preference than actual braking ability. I also think they should adjust the title brake pressure to brake sensativity. It doesnt actually apply more braking pressure its more of a sensitivity adjustment based on the players trigger pull.

Your question is about the controller and so this may or may not be helpful but consider Ross Bentley’s book “Speed Secrets”. Again, may not translate but you may find it useful or at least interesting.

Best,
David

Is there a way to configure it so that the trigger i more linear? As the default trigger is set up it’s almost more of an on/off switch then a trigger with travel :(.

Even with deadzones set to 0-100 I notice that 100% braking is achieved with about 85% of the trigger travel. What is the point of a deadzone setting of 100…

Well I juts cant get a handle of Forza 6’s default brakes but I’m fine every other game ever. Even Forza 4 wasn’t this bad.

If u have race brakes bring down the brake pressure this will allow more trigger pull.

Yeah I know that but doing that for every car prior to racing random online isnt really realistic. How about making brakes realistic instead.

It’s not realistic to drive a car with a controller, fact of the matter is you are trying to put 4"-8" of travel into a 1" option. It’s a viable option.