Hello Forza Fans:
I have an issue and XBox customer support told me it was a known issue with Forza 5. I came here for a confirmation or maybe some advice on how to fix the issue.
When I race with my kid in split-screen, everything works great. But as soon as we leave the race, there’s about a 25% chance one of the controllers we’re using will disconnect.
- This only happens in Forza 5.
- This never happens in an actual race, only when we leave the race after it’s finished (going back to where we select cars.
- This has never happened to me when playing single player.
- The problem is not controller-specific, and it seems random which one of us will be bitten by the “disconnect bug.”
Checking the XBox Support tabs, I’ve checked their troubleshooting guide:
- The controller, batteries, and XBox One are only 5 days old.
- We are in the same room as the XBox One, about 4’ away from the XBox.
- I do not have “Kinect Sign-In” turned on (I read this would cause me to be logged out if I help him with his controller).
Is anyone else having a similar issue or have any advice on how to fix this? If this is, indeed, a Forza 5 specific problem, has anyone heard of an ETA for a patch?