Controller Disconnecting...

I am still getting the disconnect. Hard reset is all I can do. Very annoying. Please fix.

I had the same issue, I JUST got off the phone with Xbox Support and we figured out a work around. Turn off Kinect Sign-in, with that off, I am now able to play without worrying about hard resetting my console!

Not sure if this is title specific, but I have been dealing with the same issue while playing F4. My wired controller will disconnect and instantly reconnect? Go figure.

I just got off the phone with Xbox Support and we have figured out a work around for the time being. What needs to happen is to turn off Kinect Sign-in, and then you will be good. I have tested it and it works, also, keep in mind to turn it back on with every patch to test if it has been fixed by that point! Hope that helps!!!

2 Likes

Good info. Thanks for taking the time to address the issue.

The demo had this and sigh…the full game too. I can’t believe this crap. I don’t have this with ANY other game.

Here’s the deal:

I was playing FH2 and i had to walk the dog yesterday. So i turn the controller off. I come back and i turn the controller on, only to get a message in the game that my controller is not paired. I did still hear my friends in the party over the speakers though. I don’t have Kinect, so had to fully reboot the console.

This also happened just now when the controller battery was low, i had to attach the P&C cable to the controller. But in hopes to avoid the bug, i decided to temporarily leave the game by pressing the controller’s X button and back into the dashboard. So i turn the controller on and guess what, exact same story. I don’t have this with Ryse, DR3, Titanfall and so on.

2 Likes

Have you done a hard reset on your console? Holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds?

Sadly that is the only thing i actually can do when i get that nonsense. The controller doesn’t work when that happens and i can only press the X button on the console itself. Doing the hard reset is exactly what i do each time. :frowning:

I’ve seen a couple other posts yesterday involving problems with controllers but working as they should, my guess it that Turn 10 knows about it and a trying to figure a solution to it.

I’ve had this a few times but I think its more of and xbox problem not a game problem, go back to dash and go to your profile in the top left and choose you again to sign in and it will put the controller back to your profile…

Just now i tried it on the start menu where it tells you to press A. I took the P&C cable off from the controller…nothing worked anymore. Nothing. On Gamefaqs they are telling me this is not a game issue, but this the system and that i should get it checked. However…two friends of mine have exactly the same thing.

Happened to me yesterday. Plug in my control after getting a low battery message and the control lost connection to the X1. Removing the battery, disconnecting the cable and trying to use the remote without it didn’t work, nor did repairing. After holding the X1 power button and doing a full shutdown the rest worked. The funny thing if afterwards I started to charge the controller with a faulty USB cable and it was being disconnected on and off and the game was able to recognize the controller with no issue.

It’s NOT THAT big of a deal, annoying but not life threatening.

If ur controller locks up when it goes to sleep mode all u have to do is when playing hit the home button and go into something else like your friends list before you walk away from the game. Come back power controller back up go back into the game and it will work. Not a fix but a way to get around having to restart every time your controller goes into sleep mode.

Hopefully this makes sense lol

1 Like

This will only work partly for wheel users though. The wheel will never get back to its correct state and force feedback will not work correctly after until you restart the game.

Two issues:

1. I use a wired controller (USB cord) with all games. With the Horizon 2 demo and now the full game the controller will disconnect constantly if I am wired. I don’t mean physically disconnected, I mean the controller stops controlling the Xbox One. I had to switch to wireless to play this game.

2. If I step away and the wireless controller goes to sleep it also becomes permanently disconnected until I do a hard reset of the Xbox One.

Anyone else having these issues?

Anyone using wireless only getting disconnects?

Also, I dont have a kinect.

When this happens, i cannot use the controller, so i can’t do that. I assume you meant i do this with Kinect? But i don’t have one.

Not life threatening now but damn bad for sure. Now each time i go for a break i have to turn the console off, cause 1…the controller itself will turn off after a while and 2…i am not keeping the play and charge cable in my controller non stop, even though that is the only way to prevent it from turning off. For any other game i can simply turn the controller off and it’s all fine, but for this one…i have to find ways to avoid it. I find it more than annoying. Should be fixed asap.

The last sentence made me reply back. I rather have my rewards fixed, Club creation fixed, added features to mute players online, the sound issues of random pop noise, improve the dam load time for dravitars or allow me to cancel that feature as finishing a race and waiting for the game to load a dravitar for me to challenge post race and also adding credits/exp to my account. Those are far more annoying than taking 2 minutes to load a game after restarting my console.

Oh wow, i wasn’t aware of all those other problems. Those are quite a bit of issues then. Is this normal for a Forza title in the beginning?

Anytime I walk away from my console and my controller disconnects on Forzza Horizon 2, my entire console freezes. Is this happening to anybody else?

Exact same story here. I had it with the demo too. When my controller is turned off while in the game and i turn it back on, i still hear friends in the party, but the comtroller won’t pair. Nothing works except for a full reboot. No other games give me this problem.