The latest content update for Forza Motorsport 6 has arrived! In addition to the Logitech G Car Pack, this update includes some notable improvements to Forza 6 and addresses some well-known issues in the game. This content update includes improvements to game features, updates and corrections to a number of cars and tracks in the game, as well as a brand new car – the 2015 Infiniti Q60 – available to all Forza 6 players at no additional charge.
In short, there’s a lot happening with today’s update and, below, we break it all down for you. Read on for the details!
· Corrected the engine sounds for the 2016 Ford Shelby GT350
· Corrected issues with all of the V8 Supercars in the game, so that each car uses the correct engine sounds.
· Improved the cockpit camera positioning for a number of cars in the game, including the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4, 1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 and the 1970 Ford Escort RS1600 Fast & Furious edition, among others
· We have addressed an issue with drivetrain swaps that was causing some cars (including well-known examples such as the 1968 Abarth 595 esseesse, the 1965 MINI Cooper S, and the 1975 FIAT X1/9), to perform beyond their PI classification. To coincide with this fix, we are performing a wipe of all leaderboard times set with a car that used a drivetrain swap. We expect the leaderboard wipe will happen Tuesday (10/6) afternoon. With this content update in place, cars that were previously banned from multiplayer will now be allowed back in. In addition times set in cars that feature drivetrain swaps will be allowed to post times to leaderboards.
· Numerous additional car improvements and corrections
· ROAD ATLANTA: Removed an “invisible dip” that was appearing in the drift loop section of the track
· MONZA: Fixed a bug that allowed players to gain an unfair advantage at the Ascari Chicane
· TOP GEAR: Corrected several areas that were incorrectly “dirtying” players’ lap times
· We continue to investigate issues involving inconsistency in Drivatar behaviors during Forza Motorsport 6 races; namely several Drivatars pulling away from the rest of the pack. To coincide with this content update, we have instituted a server-side fix that we believe will help the issue as we continue to investigate further. Stay tuned for more in the future.
· Fixed an issue where Drivatars were not taking damage when the player was driving with simulated damage turned on
· Fixed an issue where players could not import liveries from Forza Motorsport 5 that used certain characters, including the lower case “a” character
· Corrected an issue where players’ saved tunes could not be applied to a car unless it was applied immediately after downloading it. With this fix, saved tunes can now be applied to cars at any point
· Addressed an issue where downloaded tunes were missing front suspension settings.
· We have corrected issues with the “World Traveler” achievement, which should now work as expected
· Fixed an issue where only a maximum of 2 AI cars could enter the pits at any time
· Pitting will now fix headlight damage when simulation damage is turned on
· Fixed an issue with rewind, where players could not rewind when AI cars were in the pits. With this fix, players will now be able to rewind, even when AI cars are pitted
· Using Boost Mods in a Career or Free Play race will now “dirty” your lap
· Fixed an issue where Crew Mods modifiers would only work on the unique track specified on the card. Now Crew Mods modifiers will work as intended, with a general indicated performance increase on all tracks, and a specialized increase on the specified track
· Fixed an issue where players would get the exact same Mods pack upon starting the game with a new profile
· Power-related Mods are now applying the correct amount of additional power to all cars
· Fixed an issue with the “Cockpit Camera/No HUD” Mod, whereby the HUD would reappear after doing a few practice laps.
· Better League result reporting after each race, points earned displayed and access to the League Leaderboards in the Lobby
· Added ability to order the grid by the previous best lap in Multiplayer. This change will be rolled out in the more competitive lobbies first
· Some multiplayer hoppers will now allow the starting grid to roll off by row in order to help with the congestion in the first and second corners
· Prizes from Tombola spins will now be gifted to the correct player in splitscreen races
· Fixed an issue with the mini map and the player location arrow when playing in Tag mode
· Fixed an issue in Free Play where changing the assists in the pre-race menu would reset the Drivatar difficulty level
· Changed Total Time in the “My Drivatar” menu to appear into days:minutes:seconds format
· Fixed an issue where telemetry shows no data when viewing a replay directly after a race has finished
· Fixed an issue where Drift scores report incorrectly, resulting in different leaderboards for different players
· Fixed an issue where headlights would turn off and then on again after rewinding in a race
· Fixed an issue where controller dead zones were resetting after completing a race
· Fixed an issue with control mapping when a player has both a controller and a wheel connected to the Xbox One when starting Forza 6