Clean Racing? Is there a way?

Hi,

I’m just wondering if there is a way to race in the game where people try to do so cleanly?

Even in solo ranked racing people are ramming me off course just before flags so I miss them or knocking me off track. All i tentional.

I get that people make mistakes, I know I do as I’m not that good either That said how can I ever become a better racer if I’m constantly rack ng against people more interested in being bullies that. In getting better.

I have seen racing online on YT where the cars are alway ghosted out and can’t hit each other but I’ve never found how to make this happen in any race I’m.in.

Also is there anyway to race C and D class cars against other people and not just drivatars?

Or is there a way to race where everyone has the same car and the same tune?

Tks.

I’ve seen posts where people talk about informal clubs on FH4 where clean racing is not only recommended but mandatory. While I’ve never followed up on them - I’m not a joiner - you might do a little searching around to see if you can find one whose membership you might like.

Like you, clean racing is very important to me, to the point that, after unpleasant experience racing against human drivers, I race almost exclusively against the AI. My one exception is the weekly trial, which I usually race. I’m only moderately successful there, mostly because I’m not into and not very good at the rammin’ and jammin’ that seems to be the culture and style of FH4.

Even the AI seems to like to whack you. Early on I remember people on the group talking about how the AI was trained to race like the humans do, presumably so that the experience would be similar to live racing. If so it gives you the impression that FH4 drivers are mostly jerks. When you pass an AI driver, it seems that if you’re close enough to reach by whipping the wheel over they’ll take a shot at you, maybe just to show you that they’re irritated with you for passing them. It does them no good, and you no harm, and the only real effect is to ruin what might otherwise have been a clean lap. Eventually I’ve learned to keep plenty of room between me and the car I’m passing, and I can usually but not always make it a clean pass.

I race a lot in the lower classes, since I’m old enough that the old classic sports cars are my favorites. They seem to fit most naturally in C and D, and so that’s where I race them. I’ve tuned a lot more classic racers and rare classics that feel just right in A and B.

Holyrood Park’s my favorite circuit course because it a real driver’s course (and also gives the best payoff). I’ve created 12-lap races there for my favorite car types. Originally I created them to give me the opportunity to practice and improve my skills, back when I was trying to get out of the noob category. If you like that idea, look for my custom courses - they’ll have XII at the end of the name.