Clean laps in career

I was getting clean laps in career after breaking from the pack for the first dozen or so races. Equipped a grip mod and was getting dirty laps - makes sense. However, I unequipped the mod and now I can’t seem to get clean laps any more. Wondering if it’s bugged after you equip a mod. I’ll try a new car and see what happens.

In Forza 5&4, if you dirtied a lap it would show up immediately next to your time. You could pretty much tell the exact moment your lap was invalidated. What I’m seeing in career are laps late in the race w/o any indication they have been dirtied but when you check the Leaderboard there is that dreaded dirty symbol. I’m not running mods at all. I know a clean lap when I run one. I don’t think this is a problem for the most part with racers not understanding what causes a dirty lap. I believe it’s a bug which just turns a clean lap into a dirty one when it’s posted to the Leaderboard.

I’ll check again tonight when I can race, but this has annoyed me several times already.

If you’re running mods your LB times are automatically dirtied.
While racing drafting is a viable tactic but in time trials it’s you against the clock, which is what the LB is all about.

1 Like