Choosing cars between races...

A couple of things that help…

1. Only have the cars you intend to use upgraded to the PI limit.
  2. Do not attempt to choose a new car until the track has loaded and you’re looking at a parked car, even if it means waiting a painful amount of time. For me not waiting usually makes the sluggish car menu completely unusable.
  3. Abuse the filter. Want to run your GT-R in the A class hopper? Sort by “Class”, select “A”, and then AWD.

The key is step #1. If you only ever use a half a dozen different cars using the filter settings means that these are always presented at the top of the list and are easy to get to in less than 10 seconds. So as long as you get the car menu up before the intermission countdown ends, you’ll still have about 15 seconds to choose a car.

1 Like

Yeah but none of this helps when being the actual garage lags to all hell regardless of how many cars you actually have. Selecting the RS17 in X class lobbies is painful even though I have like 6 X class cars total.

Yeah, it sucks and sometimes it doesn’t matter what you do. If they’re not going to fix this the least they could do is add a minute to the intermission timer.

I’m not sure the FH/ADHD crowd would go for this - although, realistically it’s the only solution.

I mean, they could go for actually fixing the problem by totally removing whole “Loading the cars and tracks during the intermission”. But apparently it’s too difficult to go back to the formula that’s worked for the past 6+ games…

I’m also doing it with a one X, might make a difference. But I do believe waiting for things to load proper alleviates the situation as opposed to compounding it.

1 Like