Cheating A.I. still exists 4 years later

Yeah turn 10, this obviously glaring issue is still here. It was a problem in Forza 5, it got worse in 6 and it might now be even worse in 7. 1 or 2 cars, usually 2, will simply rocket ahead of the rest of the cars, leaving them and usually the player in the dust. I just did the same race multiple times at Bernese Alps to see just how many times I couldn’t catch up to the top two no matter what I tried. Took me 5 attempts to pass them and even then, the 1st place vehicle I barely passed at the finish line.

I don’t mind if I lose, but what does bother me is when I lose because of broken A.I. that has existed for 4 years and still isn’t fixed. Is this simply not fixable or have you somehow missed it these past 4 years? Don’t see how one could miss it because it is painfully obvious and you even acknowledged the problem in Forza 6.

9 Likes

Experienced the same so TRUE

2 Likes

I am also seeing this same problem.

1 Like

Had the same thing happen in the drivers cup for seeker hot hatchbacks. I wish turn 10 would simply go back to regular AI. In a real racing series, like Indy car for example, the drivers know who races clean & who doesn’t. The Indy drivers all know Charlie Kimble is dangerous when trying to pass him. In forza 4 I got to know the driving habits of most of the AI. It would be nice to have that again.

2 Likes

Forza desperately needs qualifying for career racing now to prevent these things. Starting mid-pack and having to face the problem you mentioned almost every race really does start to get a bit tiring. :confused:

2 Likes

These A.I’s drive like a train on rails. They don’t deviate for weather or ourselves. If you’re in their path, you’re getting knocked or spun. You can lose then “I” because there is nothing intelligent about their driving. And the fact that we’re forced to do the cup to unlock cars, it gets frustrating having to deal with them. I can beat them set at 80-100%, but I set way low just to get through this primitive A.I. Might as well be playing Midnight Club. Turn 10, can you put all this glamour on hold and concentrate on functionality and competitiveness PLEASE!

4 Likes

I am having this as well.

Also if you hit a AI car nothing happens to them unless you actually manage to spin them of the track, but as soon as you hit a AI car you slow right down, the same if a AI car hits you, but the AI car never slows down when they hit you, it’s very poor indeed.

3 Likes

Seeing the same issue race after race. Been there since Forza 5 for sure. AI do not deserve to be called AI, there is no intelligence at all, they simply move on a predetermined course and either drive through you or push you off the track. This is the worst AI I have ever seen but it is progressively getting worse Forza to Forza now. Fix the pitiful AI in this game it is soul destroying at times.

2 Likes

This is so true, on pro difficulty ESPECIALLY on circuits with long straights you just cannot win, in no way is that possible, it just appears as if the other cars can just ignore homologation limits and add another 50 or 100 HP which is just crazy, experienced this in every single cup, you can only win on pro difficulty on a circuit with a ton of corners

1 Like

Yeah and the Limit Aggression is a joke. They still try to push you out of the way and I’ve even had them intentionally ram me to get me off the track. In Horizon it’s the same thing they will push you outside of the checkpoints so you get a rewind however they miss one and keep going. In past events I found that if you restart from a bad finish then they will actually take it easier on you, but if you exit and start again it’s the same AI al over again. In FM7 you don’t have the option to restart or replay after a race, you can only quit the race meaning you have to finish all the races, and then start the event all over again. I was racing at Average and as long as I can get past the pushing and shoving at the start corners can dominate. So turned it up to Above Average and normally finish in 5th place. It’s like a huge gap in difficulty just for those. I get they want to have them drive like real people but can you make sure they drive like intelligent real people. You have “professional” racers and top leaderboards you can use to vet bad drivers (shoot I’m probably one that you wouldn’t want to use as a Drivatar). I don’t enjoy going into every turn with the AI slamming on the breaks way before and the only way to avoid is to go way around the outside. I mean I’ve seen them make some dumb moves and not stay on the “driving line” but most of the time everyone is right it’s like they are all linked to an invisible train track. I was playing the Long sessions to get more XP and CR until this, but if I’m going to lose anyways and have to play the series again I’ll just do it on Short and get the similar amounts. Also why isn’t there a Medium length? It goes from Short 3-4 Laps to Long 10-13 Laps to Extra Long 20-30 Laps, I’d like a 4-6 Laps.

1 Like

Totally agree. The AI on higher Drivatar difficulty is just too strong. Almost impossible to catch. But the intressting part. If you drive a longer race (either set race length to long at assists or an endurance race) the rocketing top drivers are still there, but after 3 laps or so, they get to normal. And with good driving you can catch up to them quite easily (done on expert and pro level) No more “cheating” AI just good racing. Best example, do the Endurance 100 from the 2nd cup with the Corvette. Whole lot of fun after the first 3 laps are done.

The problem really is, you always start in the back of the pack, and the first 10 cars are just driving chicanes, which hinder you to catch up to the top cars, where the real fun starts. But in 99 percent of the campaign races it’s too late :frowning:

2 Likes

This post sums exactly what I wanted to say, yes the Ai really ducks, getting shunted out the way on turn one and then on every subsiquent turn after that is really frustrating, especially when you’re taking every care in the world to not touch the other cars, I usually get around this by creating my own races with high lap counts, then letting the AI have a headstart, starting from 24th is so much easier and more enjoyable, by the time you’ve caught the pack they’re all pretty much single file and you can go about taking the grid one by one from the back, like a real driver… this is enjoyable, allowing you to plan and execute overtakes, follow Ai pace closely through “too tight to overtake” sections, execute proper defenses against overtakes. But… sometimes you don’t want to have to race a minimum of 15/20 laps (usually expert+ so catching 1st takes time) just to have a clean race, in the career mode races you have as little as 2 laps to compete against 23 cars who all have selective blindness towards you… there isn’t time to give them a headstart and catch up when the bumper cars stop, so you’re forced to take whatever random grid position you’re in, and throw yourself moronically at the first corner like all the AI around you and hope for the best, and heaven forbid you get tagged, because the second your car starts sliding (due to being ‘PIT’d’) it seems every single AI car in the vicinity has only one objective… Ramming you into the Race Track parking lot… I lost count how many times I had to restart a race on fm6 right after the first corner because the AI simply run you off the track…

While I haven’t had this experience exactly, I can say that the AI does seem a little inconsistent from race to race. Some races I can easily get to 1st and hold the position, and other races I can’t even get out of 9th place, even when I’m hitting perfect turns the entire race.

2 Likes

I’ve seen several people say they like to start at the back of the field & try to win from there. I also play that way & I found if I set a 1 lap race & make sure I come in last place then I can reset the lap count & start at the back of the field. Of course you have to have the grid option set to best lap to do this.

1 Like