Challenge forums

I want to make a challenge thread and you can put suggestions on what other people can do to change it up and challenge themselves, put your suggestions down below

Use a manual/manual with clutch and challenge yourself
Use no traction or stability control,
If you want to be even more hardcore turn off abs entirely
Put steering on simulation

You guys don’t have to do this, but it makes the game more fun in my opinion, I believe the assists also make you slower, so it would be better really anyway

No offense, but I notice you kinda start a lot of pointless threads. Everyone already knows if they want to challenge themselves to do this. It’s not like your trying to set up some kind of event either, it’s just a random thing with no incentive.

22 Likes

& folks wonder why the “community” is dying? He’s just starting a conversation…

4 Likes

I completely agree with you on that, but apparently based on some of the people who are on the forums were not allowed to do this, or we get attacked for it.

Also, I have nothing against people starting convos but he’s literally just pointing out the obvious, and its been discussed a million times. If ran this website I wouldn’t really mind a post like this but the moderators seem to think other wise. I wish we were allowed to have conversations in these “forums” but the mods patrol the site and lock the things they don’t like. I can understand locking things that are abusive or use a lot of profanity. Won’t be long I bet until this thread is locked.

1 Like

Valid points brother… just didn’t see the guy deserving what I mistook as being attacked.

Yeah, I’m not attacking him in any way. You should see some of the responses of people on here. Its just this topic is, I mean, it’s literally textbook advice. Like you could probably find what he said on the back of the games cover lol. Not only that, it’s just common sense. If you want make anything more difficult or more of a challenge in life, you take away all the assists, or help. It applies to everything. It’s just basic common sense that everyone knows. It’s not like he said “hey I challenge you guys to race this specific track with these setting and post your time here.” Basically what his post is - turn off the assists it will make the game harder. Like I said, I have nothing against people having conversations on here but stuff like this post I could see getting locked. I’m all for having a general discussion with everyone else but some people don’t seem to like that. I wish I knew how to drag quotes from other threads into different ones, I would post one of my replies to someone that basically defines the attitudes and atmosphere of these forums, it’s not a good one. I’m always on my phone so, unless copying and pasting works than I don’t know.

1 Like

Mr Wizard, has a point.
Also, as far as I know, sim steering is for wheel users.

1 Like

It’s just a preference, a lot of people who use a controller use sim including myself.

1 Like

Pointless!

2 Likes

If we are having a conversation about this, here are my two cents.

Turn off all the insists including drive line. I’ve starting doing that recently. I had been slowly turning them off. I finally turned off drive line about a week ago. It was little tough but after awhile I starting learning when to brake for the corners using the scenery. I’ve also become a little more aware of how fast the car is going.

2 Likes

Lol, I’m a cheat, I have abs, drive line, and manual without clutch, I’m probably going to dump the abs in a tag lobby to see how I do, I’ll probably lock up so much, also

so I start a convo and I’m now getting people saying it’s a useless thread, why? I see people saying that it’s “common sense,” but yet I see people using them all the time, you guys are so critical of what topics go on this website, something on “how to challenge yourself” is somehow a bad thing? I’m trying to help people who may be limiting themselves with assists and I’m somehow a "bad creator of topics, (no one said that, but that’s the vibe I’m getting) whatever

1 Like

▲▲▲▲ Fair enough, but I’m not sure where the conversation will go?
I have assists off, with manual W/Out clutch.
I’m not particularly fast, but try to race cleanly.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to start a conversation on the forums. What the gripe here is (from my humble perspective) is that your thread title alludes to there being a challenge involved outside of the normal parameters of what the game allows us to do any day at any time.

However I feel that the assists or lack thereof are completely dependent upon your skill level, tune used, and driver preference. The fastest times on the leaderboard for pretty much anything are evidence that most of the assists do little to hinder your lap times. Aside from manual with clutch and STM the other assists are up for debate as to whether or not they actually slow you down. This topic has been drug out and argued in every forza title since these forums have been around.

The truest and most effective way to be a fast driver is to put the effort in and practice practice practice. But more than that is to find a play style that suits you. If disabling all the assists is where you find your stride that is where you will be fastest. But if using ABS or TCS or the racing line keeps you comfortable, practice with those assists left on. At the end of the day it’s a game, and these are forums for a game full of over eager fans clambering over each other for five minutes of a hot forum topic and grouchy old men yearning for the good ol days back when the forza community really stood for something.
(As you can see from my forza tier you can guess which category I fall into)
This long winded reply is intended to show you that everyone who plays forza will take their own approach to it. That is the beauty of it and that is what makes forza great. No matter how you use it, it is fun and just challenging enough to keep players interested for years.

1 Like

I too was confused by the thread title.
Honestly, if I was going to suggest something people could do to challenge themselves and get better, it would be to use rivals mode smartly, every day.
Go into rivals and pick any rival event. Then pick a rival from the leaderboards, who is at least 3 seconds faster than you. Then drive until you beat them. When you beat that rival, move on to another rivals event and do the same thing. They way you are learning new tracks.
I was able to drop all of the assists back in FM4, and used rivals this way to learn and he better. At first it took me a few days for each rivals event. But eventually I was beating 2 a day using this method. I learned my landmarks on all the tracks, I learned how to tune my car better, but mostly I learned how to maintain momentum.
So that’s what I would challenge people to do. As long as there is someone faster than you, there is always room for improvement.

Peace

2 Likes

I feel as though many people need to use the assists. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve seen in MP hoppers that should be using ABS and TCS, locking up the brakes and sliding around every corner. I’ll say that if it’s A or below or certain cars in the S/R I won’t use TSC, however if I’m rocking a speed tune I’ll throw the TCS on for sure. Not that I’d be activating it all the time but if I’m driving something with 1000-1200hp in a MP hopper with a bunch of randoms I’ll take TCS any day. I even had a race on bathurst a few weeks ago where I was driving the gt350 with 1000+hp and got crashed from 3rd to 15th on turn 1, ended up passing first place right at the start/finish line at the start of the last lap. He straight KO’s me seconds later in turn one so bad I could not get back past him in the final lap even though I was 7 seconds faster per lap than him. After the race he messaged me saying I was a noob for using TCS and he was somehow better than me because he didn’t use any assists.

My point is that some people need the assists due to injuries, some people need them from lack of skill/practice, some people refuse to use them even though their lap times could be so much better with them and think they are in some elite club and better than anyone that uses them and then there are the people that don’t use them at all and straight kill it.

Challenging yourself is never a bad thing but some people switch it off and jump right into MP because they read on the forums that no assists are faster and it just ends up costing them time on the track and costing others an enjoyable race.

3 Likes

I turn them off then I do R class, especially since I run a older car, but there are people who use assists that are using A class, and sure it might be getting people better lap times, but it’s kind of cheating isn’t it?

No, using assists is NOT cheating. Assists will slow you down, not make you faster. Especially TCS, STM and ABS, because they actually slow your car to make their corrections.
Cheating is cutting corners, overly aggressive driving that initiates contact and forces another driver off the track or out of control, to assist in passing. The assists in the game are to make it easier for the casual player to enjoy the game without putting in the time required to master unassisted play.

Peace

4 Likes

Well played. Well played indeed.

2 Likes

I couldn’t say that any better myself.

Personally, I play the game without assists. I use Sim steering when I have the wheel plugged in and Normal for the controller. However, I now play the MP hoppers and leagues, where contact is enabled, with STM on. I find this helps stopping the car from spinning out when someone knocks it whilst going around a corner. Now if that was only happening once in a while I’d play with it off and consider it as racing incidents, but too often it is due to poor racing etiquette or someone trying to bump me off my line. I do not consider this cheating.

1 Like

Wow, I can’t use the simulation steering, that’s awesome that you do