Car mistakes and glitches thread.

Maserati MC12: Vinyls have the wrong vertical coordinates on one side. If I were to select a regular vinyl it would be fully viewable (X0.000 Y0.000) on one side and if I placed the same vinyl on the other side it would only see an inch because the it’s at the bottom still at 0.00 0.00

I had a decent list yesterday but now I can only remember one…

Besides the obvious intermittent sound bug, the other glitch I remember is on the Ferrai Berlinetta barnfind. If you try upgrade the width of the front or rear tyres the first upgrade is the same size as what’s already on the car, yet it costs money and obviously doesn’t add performance.

Permanent shadow under the GT500’s bumper regardless of the sun. Returns from FM5 and every other Fm game this car has been in.

Damn u guys nitpick. But my only gripe is that when you scroll through “my cars” it shows the cars with the stock wheels. Even though I’ve put new wheels on them. It shows the current paintjob, why not the wheels?

Mine shows the right paint job most of the time but not 100% of time.

Sometimes it shows a stock car, other times stock rims, other times old rims I’ve swapped out…

I’m surprised so many bugs made it into the final game tbh.

1 Like

Just an FYI, there is a workaround for this. The issue seems to be that paint jobs will update the car icon, but upgrades will not. All you have to do is paint the car after doing any upgrades, or if you are already happy with the color just paint it and then repaint it back to the old color again. This will force the icon to refresh.

2 Likes

Don’t know if anyone knows this, but for the 360 version, the tires of the cars seem to “clip” through the ground. Either way, very fun game.

Two errors that really stood out for me was

92 Iroc Z has the incorrect stock tire/rim size. When the Iroc was introduced in 1985 they always had a 16x8 wheel with 245/50-16 tires. The size in Forza is 235/60-15 which is the V6/Z28 model size.

'11 BMW 1M has an adjustable wing in stock form

The Z28 is a V8 , though it may share the same wheel size as the V6 .

Last year for the IROC was 1990. Standard rim size was downgraded to 15" in '88, with 16" becoming an option.

The new '88 scirocco has a thin strip on the rear bumper that’s outside the decal mapping zones. It’s not an unpaintable texture, you just can’t reach it.

The Alfa Romeo barn find is barely audible even with race exhaust. There are a couple other cars I noticed this happening with too but I can’t remember which. Happens every time I drive it and is not intermittent as suggested above. This is on the 360 version.

I also noticed on one of the roads there is something I hit on that particular stretch right in the middle of the road but there is nothing there.

If you’re playing Forza and cars having incorrect details/unfinished details doesn’t bother you should really go play Mario Kart instead. Turn 10 prides itself on being the king of their genre, therefore I am going to hold them to that standard. It’s VERY depressing to love a particular car only to notice Turn 10 screwed it up and could care less to fix it. Mistakes happen, but they can’t even fix them? The fact that Driveclub is out makes me even more mad. Evolution got the cars damn near perfect with immaculate detail, but damn is that game awful to play. Why couldn’t Forza put that kind of effort into their cars? Oh that’s right, they believe in releasing 200+ cars where half of them are glitched or have errors in their design instead of lowering the car list to allow themselves to perfect the cars. The Forza series used to cater to car lovers, now it’s just another mainstream game. Car lovers want quality, not quantity. I laugh when the Forza fanboys kill Driveclub fans about how small their car list is. You know what? At least they can their cars were designed correctly without glitches and wrong details. I wish I could say the same as a Forza owner.

3 Likes

I agree, but dont forget the uproar that fm5 only had 200 cars!!!
no matter what happens the interwebs will never be happy

Last time I drove the capri barn find, one of the front indicators was white and one was orange even though I had damage turned off (not even visual only, just off)

Also when putting decals over the top of the boot/trunk of the c63 black series it looks fine in the paint booth and in photo mode, but while driving the decals also change the lip spoiler’s color, even when the decal is exactly against the spoiler and not any bigger…

Details like this really ruin the car’s experience for me.

After the update my 1993 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec lost all engine audio. It was fine prior to the update and other cars seem fine. I switched cars and went back to the Skyline but the audio was still missing.

I’ve noticed that sometimes on Xone when you change gear in manual without clutch the car is still revving when the idle drops until half way through the gear but therefore hopefully they will sort something out with it but only time will tell

Audi R8 V10 has a vynal issue, where the front wheel arches don’t get fully covered by the decal.

1 Like

The Audi Quattro drops the launch stat when you install any transmission upgrade. A short-shift (the first upgrade) drops it A LOT, which is obviously wrong. Even the race transmission drops the stat considerably.

And is no one else bothered by the fact that the turbo spool/boost, supercharger and BOV-sounds are barely there, for most turbo and supercharged cars? The RB26 in the R32 and R34 Skyline sounds good, since the turbo sound is very, very loud, as it should be. But in most other cars, they’re almost silent. Race turbo upgrades does nothing. Not even race superchargers on V8’s are audible. And I play without any radio station, and the cars’ sound on max.

On xbox360, in the MB 190e evo the steering wheel is in front of the rpm gauge.
In FM4 the entire rpm gauge was visible.