Car feels different

Hey,

i recently got FH4 and begin to like the game. I love to cruise around and work on my Cars. Im tryin to play with clutch and manually and it works pretty fine in free ride. I tuned some of my cars to my likings and could handle them just well. But now the big problem. If i join a race, i cant handle the cars anymore. The whole car feels so different in races. They are so instable and oversteer just more than in free ride. Also the gear tune is out of order. I should start in gear 3 because gear 1 and 2 seem to be not existend. Is it just my feeling? why is that? this really annoys my ass of. In races it seems that all drive on rails except me. :smiley:

1 Like

Same thing happens to me, i wondered if it was my imagination, the car handles really well for a while and then stops, its like the tunes or handling upgrades are not loaded properly

I think its just because you’re pushing it a lot harder in races. Also you can crank your transmission for speed and that will give you some longer gears. If you want to stick to the line put steering on normal not sim, it seems to every so slightly pull you towards the line and can really increase speed through turns.

Steering is on normal. I can drive without any problems in free ride with everything off with manual and clutch. I set my gearing to my likings, but in race the first and second gear goes right to the red, i cant even gear that fast. also the behaviour in the turns differs alot. the back is comin so much faster in race than in free ride and its lots more instable. Maybe it is because i push it harder, but that much difference from one moment to another? I even drove the race in free ride and had no problems at all.

Seems to he just in street race Scene.in blueprints the car feels the same like the free ride

I noticed this recently as well. All my cars are tuned for a quick launch off the line in hopes of escaping the wreckers and bangers. This worked well, but now all my cars seem to struggle to get out of first gear. Don’t matter if it’s manual or automatic.

I’m just going to build 3 different drift cars and call it good. One for each class, A, S1 and S2.
Dirt, road or offroad,I’ll be the smart one drifting around the back while the wreckers and bangers get their jollies up front.

Mate I had the same problem as ye when racing the Marathon : tested ma trusty S900 R34, handling wis perfect (raced a coupla races beforehand), and once a joined that bloody race it wisnae the same car. Oversteery as f**** an I couldnae keep up with the other cars (a could the race before). Seems weird int it ?

You guys should lodge a support ticket (or whatever).

Notice the same thing yesterday with cupple off my juggernaut tunes when I was doing pvp on the juggernaut and found a work around seems to be a glitch I was finding in pvp my car wouldn’t take the turn at full speed like in rivals mode it just keep flicking the back end out so what I end up finding is a work around launch rivals mode go in to tune and then back out then quit rivals mode then launch pvp and do a race need to be done ever time seems you want to race pvp

Noticed the same yesterday Seems to be a bug there is a work around launch rivals mode before you go in to a race go to tune and then back out off tune and rivals mode and then launch race only bad point is this need to be done ever time you race

1 Like

You mean i go to a race, start it, go to rivals, there tuning. Then exit race? Then im out of the race menu and have to drive back there. This works?

Please log a bug report if you haven’t already. That way hopefully it’ll get fixed if they can replicate it.

Thank God it’s not only me, I thought I was losing my mind. It’s like my car is on ice as soon as I launch a race, but in free roam it is super dialed in. I wanted to throw the controller earlier it was so frustrating. The car was perfect and I’ve tried everything in tuning I can think of and nothing works. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

Same thing here… Do a setup to be as grippy as can be… I was so happy because it was incredibly stable.
Started a race, first corner, oversteer, poor braking, more oversteerd, NO grip what so ever.
Really thought it was in my head.

Questions, first is if road conditions are the same in race? Many races can be post rain or cold causong differences.

Second is if you guys are in multiplayer races when it does this or also when going to single player?

If multiplayer, what are your personal difficulty settings. Damage for example is one that changes in a multiplayer race. Have it off, but host has it on and you will see that cosmetic damage. perhaps the settings for steering or tires are changing too (cold tires at start)

In fact, cold tires at start of race vs toasty testing is possible culprit.

Questions, first is if road conditions are the same in race? Many races can be post rain or cold causong differences.

Second is if you guys are in multiplayer races when it does this or also when going to single player?

If multiplayer, what are your personal difficulty settings. Damage for example is one that changes in a multiplayer race. Have it off, but host has it on and you will see that cosmetic damage. perhaps the settings for steering or tires are changing too (cold tires at start)

In fact, cold tires at start of race vs toasty testing is possible culprit.

Does anyone know if assists are automatically turned off for online ranked racing? I noticed my car brakes differently, and through maybe ABS had been turned off for online races.

As far as I can tell, it never changes my difficulty controls.
Weather don’t seem to be the issue either.
My Gremlin runs great in the rain due to rally tires.
It was built and thouroughly tested for dirt racing in several different weather conditions, mostly rain because that’s where I struggle the most.
In free roam it drives like a champ in the rain, get in an online race and boom, gone. But not all the time. It may be just one race, or all 5 of them. It’s happened in other cars, but I have been driving the Gremlin a lot lately and that’s the one I notice it the most on. It does happen while driving the Trailcat in offroad races too. That was a beast to get tuned right for S1 but I got it hugging the ground and absorbing big jumps pretty decently, then at times it feels like it’s back to it’s default tune.

Ive sent a fix or answer request in to support its gotten the best of my patience today too lol