CANNOT PLAY ANY ONLINE LOBBIES ALWAYS SAYS UNABLE TO CONNECT.

I’ve been having this problem for a month or so. I just can not connect to any multiplayer lobby whatsoever. I have reinstalled the game and my nat type is open. I also hard rebooted my xbox. Is this just the forza servers or is it something else?

Since we know that others are fine, the problem must be somewhere with your connection. Are you sure that the NAT type is open? Where do you see this? Have you tried rebooting your router?

Make sure that IPSec is enabled on your router.

I have a belkin router N300 and on my xbox it says NAT Type open

I had the same problem but I fixed it.

Try this steps:

1. make sure the Ipsec option in your router configuration is enabled. Just login in your router configuration web page and search for the security option. Ipsec must be there.

2. if the previous step does not work make sure you have the xbox live ports open require for xbox one. My advise is setup a static ip in your xbox one. Its really easy. search in youtube for a tutorial.
    I leave you here the ports that need to be open.
    Xbox Support

3. Make sure your nat type is open. Run a multiplayer test in your console under the settings to make sure you have no problems.

4. And the last step and the way I solved it since other steps did not work for me. I login in the web page of my ISP and there was an option call PROTECTION, it was turned on by default, I just turned it off, reset my modem and router also the console and that was it. I guess it is an option that my ISP provides for adittional protection and that was bloking some ports or something like that.
    I also turned off the firewall option under security in my router configuration but Im not sure if that had something to do with it.

Note: Im not from the U.S. So im not sure if ISP in other countries have web pages and options like I just told you.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any doubt.

Yep! Try what RaFaA07 mentioned, even if you’re NAT is open, it’s not always getting through. You can leave your firewall on for security if you’ve opened up the ports for a static ip on the X1, and depending on your ISP, you will have to log on via the providers website. Internode (Australia) for instance blocks one of the ports from their end, you can’t open it from your router settings.

i couldn’t get a private lobby happening till I opened all the ports up, and i had the fastest connection out of my group, with open NAT. Now it works every time. Even COD seems better.

There is one common fault that causes this issue, if you have changed your DNS settings (EG to play US netflix outside of the US). try resetting this setting if you think it maybe the cause of the problems.

I don’t know where to find Ipsec option, I checked with my router company and got my ports and everything but forza is the only one that doesnt work? Could it be my router? I have a belkin.

On the old forum there was a post that explained it and IPSEC was one of the suggestions. It may depend on your ISP if you need it (Virgin was one that was said needed it). Where to find it will depend on your router.

EDIT: the most explanatory post from the links below is:

Forza 5 has a new network model which should alleviate some of the NAT traversal problems from previous versions. However, several popular routers have difficulty with the type of network traffic used in games, and others block or munge IPSEC traffic. The good news is that most of the popular routers already have newer firmware available that properly handles this type of traffic.

In addition, any customization you may have made for the Xbox 360 (poking open port 3704 UDP) may also need to be run now for UDP ports 500 and 4500 (IPSEC).

I would start by making sure that your router is flashed to the latest firmware provided by the manufacturer. If that doesn’t solve the problem, then look at setting up a static route within the router to route all UDP 500/4500 to the IP address reported by the console. If that doesn’t work, either set the Xbox One in your DMZ if your router supports that, or bypass the router and connect directly to the cable modem or DSL modem.

EDIT: here is a post on the old forums by a developer http://legacy.forums.forza.net/forums/permalink/6279066/6275577/ShowThread.aspx#6275577

It contains links to a few other threads that include mention of IPSEC. Those links are now broken but I have fixed them below. Look for posts by Future Phil.

http://legacy.forums.forza.net/forums/thread/6274997.aspx

http://legacy.forums.forza.net/forums/thread/6273269.aspx

http://legacy.forums.forza.net/forums/thread/6274080.aspx

I tried all this and could only can port 500 udp open not both. Problem still consists, This is really getting to my nerves because my game just stopped working one day and I can’t play the game I bought the Xbox one for.

This link is not xbox related but it looks like those ports are one or the other. linux - Which ports for IPSEC/LT2P? - Server Fault (actually the more I read that the more I get confused.

All I can suggest is pray that an expert who knows this stuff themselves drops past this thread and can explain it. I know what has been said by people but I am not an expert by any stretch.

Are you using wireless or wired? I use wired to my Xbox One and wireless to my 360 and all other devices. I have not even tried wireless on my One.

And now my nat type closed again. smh.

Before we get to that I think your port problem is because you still do not have IPSEC enabled. You said you could not find it. That is possibly why you could not open the other port.

With regards to your nat can you post what you had previously done eg port forwarding, DMZ etc. Have you used any settings in your router for other purposes? I am asking because a factory reset of the router may be needed so you can start fresh with port forwarding for the xbox.

EDIT: I will not be on the forum for next few hours so hopefully someone else can carry on a port forwarding or DMZ explanation for you.

Wireless

Is it possible for you to try wired?

It is useful for trouble shooting purposes to know if it works that way.

[Mod edit - thread merged. Please use existing threads rather than creating new ones on the same topic. - MM] My NAT type was open but that isnt the problem. I have a belkin router but I don’t know how to enable ipsec. I have ports 500 and 4500 open but I can only enable 500 with udp. Nothing has worked and this is very frustrating. I love Forza but this issue is making me doubt just buying the xbox one. Thanks for any help.

Internet speed?
Terrible service provider in terms of quality for that area?
Faulty line?
Router that doesn’t work with xbox?

20mps Time warner cable, all my other games work online. I fixed my nat type, still no results…

I’d get a tech out there to do some actual tests.

I had problems with my cable/internet before and it was due to a damaged line from new house construction. I might have to do it again because I’m lagging more and some HD tv channels mess up sometimes.

If all else checks out, you might just need a better router. Never had that brand so idk much about it.

Forza always seems to require a darn good connection unlike other games. If Forza doesn’t work I know something is broke! Lol.

I called belkin support and it turns out the dns was changed from what is shoudlve been. Now I can enjoy Forza again!