Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 after Dec 3rd Patch

First of all, let me tell you what a bad design you’ve implemented. First of all, when I tried to install the patch on Xbox Series S, it stopped itself several times. Just stopped installing. So I canceled the installation. And then it did the biggest bonehead move ever. IT COMPLETELY UNINSTALLED THE ENTIRE GAME.

I went from a 14gb update to 104gb install. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Now I am trying to install this game. And it keeps hanging on the first 947 mb.

I hard rebooted, nothing.

Factory reset, nothing.

I literally now cannot even play the game I own due to whatever the heck you have done.

1 Like

Hmm i think it’s REFUND time for a lot of us. they have messed this game up so much at the beginning i can’t see it coming back after this. cyberpunk offered refunds i think FH5 should as well.

1 Like

Same here, i downloaded latest update. Then tried to launch Forza, it took me to Microsoft store and asked install Game services. I did that and then Forza wouldn’t launch and it asked me to repair Forza by redownloading it. Ridiculous. And my internet speed is 30/30 so it takes me years to download

Thank god, i got 2 month Game Pass for free. So no money spent to this game :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same problem on PC. After the Update I get the Error code: Forza Horizon 5 is offline and cannot be opened. The storage device may be missing or disconnected.

1 Like

After the Dec 3rd update, I cannot even launch the game. I tried uninstalling the Microsoft Store and Xbox App and it did nothing. The game worked well for me before this last “update,” but now it is literally unplayable. I installed gaming services like it asked and that changed absolutely nothing. I think this issue needs to be addressed immediately. Spending $100 on the Premium addition and now not being able to play the game is absolutely unacceptable. I have tried everything and have not been able to get it to update. Please fix your game or provide refunds.