Buy 400 cars? Seriously?

In my opinion, this accolade is one of the bad ones out there. The game progression is built up so that you get most of your cars from wheelspins and a decent amount for doing accolades as well. Even for 150 cars from the autoshow accolade I had to buy 30-50 cars (can’t remember exactly how many) that I didn’t need (buying the same cheap cars over and over just to get this accolade) and had to remove from the garage afterwards. Now, I unlocked this new accolade and it’s even worse - buy over 200 cars that I have no use of. Why do I have to spend time on this type of stupidity? Only way to get this accolade naturally is, if you don’t use any wheelspins, don’t redeem any accolade rewards and don’t accept gifts from other players. Even then you can’t escape from all the wheelspins, because some of them are used automatically for you (for example, between online races and they are automatically put into your car collection). Don’t forget you didn’t even know this accolade existed, because it was locked, when you got access to this accolade tree for the first time.

It’s one of those things (one of MANY) in the game, that haven’t put much thought into. Why couldn’t it be something like “own 500 unique cars in your garage” or “own and drive with all the Ferraris” (this one is from Motorsport)?

4 Likes

I had to kill the completionist inside of me due to accolades like this. That being said, if a player is going for this I would recommend they farm skill points and buy the Porch 2015 Cayman instead. That way you get a wheelspin and a super wheelspin and you’ll easily make up the 60,000 credit difference.

I’m not sure about that - I don’t think I average 60k from normal wheelspins? There seem to be way too many low credit wins on them for this to pay off… but I don’t pay too much attention to be honest. I’ll try it next time and see how it works out :slight_smile:

It´s the super wheelspin plus the normal one.

But in the end the effort to get all the skill points you need (14 per Cayman) may not be worth it.

I tried to get the 400 cars (and gifted many wheelspin cars which I replaced by the same types bought from the Autoshow because you can choose the colour…) as I had the money and I wanted to get the 22M Jaguar. When I had around 360-370 cars I won the Jaguar from a wheelspin. I still don´t have the accolade yet…

Seems I already exchanged 400 cars + skill points for WS/SWS, as mine is complete.

So this exchange, what I currently do is

• buy a car for 80.000 Cr
  • put in 17 skill ponts

what I get out is

• 5 FP
  • WS
  • SWS

did this 4 times, also leveled in meantime, so I had 5 WS and 4 SWS, my balance went up 800.000 Cr from before starting buying those cars.
Now dumped all those 4 cars in the bin, took Hoonicorn to abandoned airfield.
As I’m kinda old and slow, it took me 5 minutes to do 3 passes of drifting and banking skill points (30 total).

Regarding the spins, I actually got two 150.000 Cr spins, but they are very much nerfed since early days. Think first nerf was some time in early December and probably another one around new year.
Remember my balance going up few millions and collecting few rare cars in just 10 SWS before.

PS
Could probably start saving those 3 points for FP and maybe start buying different cars for conversion, as there is nothing in FP shop to buy. Surely not buying those masks that I hate with passion in real life and putting them on my avtars face. She will start to hate me and drive me into the walls even more :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit
This is just if you go farming.
I’m getting plenty skill points from just doing races from playlist, rivals and testing tunes.

Yes, but the super is in both cars’ skill trees so you need to gain the 60k on average from the normal wheelspin.

Yeah, I’ve noticed a huge difference in payouts from standard spins, money and cars just didn’t stop early on! It’s irrelevant now having got all the cars so not too bothered though.

At one point I kept track of my farming over the purchase of 20 cars from the AutoShow. I used a Hoonicorn 2 Mustang with all of the car mastery unlocked which meant multiplier of 8x and harder to break chains. Under non-skill-song conditions it would take less than 63,000 points to get the max 10 skill points which I could do in about 4 minutes easy. So say 6 minutes to get 14 points.

I would buy the 1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA for 25,000 credits. Use the skill points to get the Super which also gave me some XP points (both as a skill point unlock and for just using skill points). I would rank up on prestige every 3-1/2 car purchases. Between the Super Wheelspins and regular Wheelspins from Presitge rank I averaged 340,000 credits per Trans Am (including the price you get for selling duplicate cars obtained in the wheelspins). Note that there were a couple of cars that I decided to keep from the Wheelspins so the income could have been more if I had chosen to sell them. But that gave me a profit of about 315,000 credits per Trans Am.

I would usually go to the AutoShow and buy the Trans Ams once I hit 140 skill points so I could buy 10 cars.

I did try a few of the Porsches but decided the credits from the extra regular wheelspin weren’t worth the increase in purchase price.

1 Like

Yup that gifting thing more or less became a bin for cheap stuff nobody wants, that’s why I’m not taking, nor giving any more to that.

Getting 10 skill points if you have 2 minutes spare time in free roam and Hoonicorn - Forza Horizon 5, Getting some skill points in free roam - YouTube

Found normal spins giving some good numbers this time around though, nothing special in cars for a long time now.

2 Likes

It’s best to buy a loud Pontiac Trans Am and distribute 14 skill points for the super wheelspin. And if you don’t have any skillpoints, the quickest way is to use one of the 10 skillpoints in 30sek Event Labs. Also good for farming XP, credits. I always do this when my hands hurt from the highway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, because something is wrong with the counter. Then it suddenly jumps up. So it was at least for me

@Jezza yes that method works, keep count in your head as you do it and you’ll find them all in your garage. I also checked once that the accolade counter was going up and it did.

1 Like

Hmm, interesting. I own 563 cars but only 207 counting towards the accolades. I got a few cars in AH but probably no more than 20, so that suggests well over 300 were through wheelspins (with a few event rewards).

Yeah, when I first looked I only had 150 or so counting towards this, just goes to show how over-generous the early wheelspins were.

Yes, @Jezza. After Dec 3 patch I could complete it by using this method. But I had a similar experience in November.

Ah that will explain it. I brought a lot of cars through car collection before December.

I saw this today because before I got the buy150cars accolade today it was a hidden accolade.

omg buy 400 cars from the autoshow
who is responsible for this accolade? sit him/her down buying at least 250 cars in a row as punishment with the ingame autoshow ofcourse! (400 cars minus the already bought 150 ones)
and when he/she finished the task ask if this accolade was a good idea.

Im just curious.

I still don’t get why people bother with accolades outside of those that offer rewards. And I agree, purchase 400 cars from the showroom lol? Yeah right…

because Monk said all cards on the accoladde page have to be gold

I take that back. So accolades are related to gold? Alright I will focus on completing them all now. I’ve changed my tune on the 400 autoshow accodlade also. I now think it’s a great idea.

1 Like

Jag D type.

There are cars that can be bought from the autoshow and resold but it is a grind.