Bug with the surround sound calibration? - PC (Steam)

Hey folks,

Loving the game overall, but I’m having this odd bug (I think?) with the car sounds in Chase Cam. For reference, I’m using a Logitech G Pro X, but never had any issues with audio like this for the year and a half I’ve had it. Full specs of my PC are at the bottom, if it helps, although I’m not sure what difference the specs would make to the audio.

With the exterior view, the car sounds really quiet, and if you look back, the sound is pretty much non-existent. Cockpit cam is loud and beefy and sounds pretty good, but has a slight reverb which doesn’t quite sound right. It’s also about twice as loud as every other view. Going under bridges causes a very loud echo, like actually painfully loud, because I cranked the game volume to hear the engines in Chase Cam. Going through town, the reverb is quite choppy as well.

I’ve fiddled with every setting I can find, enabling and disabling spacial sound in Windows, 7.1 in G Hub, all of the speaker options in game, and no change. However, I recorded a short clip to show the difference in noise, and to show a friend how good the tyre smoke looks, but weirdly, the sound is perfect. The exterior and interior sounds are about the same volume, and looking back still lets you hear the engine. Clip is here, if it means anything.

I know nothing about audio production, but could it be the calibration of the surround sounds? I imagined Shadowplay would just record 2 channels, but I really don’t know much about that at all. It just seems weird that a recording has the audio sounding correct, but the game itself doesn’t, especially seeing as it’s playing through the same headphones on the same computer, just minutes apart.

Anybody else experience any similar issues, or have any fixes by any chance?

PC specs:
Ryzen 7 3700x
2070 Super
32GB 3200MHz RAM
Installed on an M.2 NVMe SSD
Audio is a Logitech G Pro X headset, connects via USB.

had this same problem in horizon 4 like 2 years ago, never ended up fixing it. I think the part that really felt like a slap in the face for me was the fact that it sounded literally perfect in shadowplay. I’d love to know if you come to a solution

Same here, my Logitech G Pro X just doenst work on this game. @fertro using without the USB dongle seems to fix, but i cant use the mic on windows without it.

Im so disapointed, i think its a problem with logitech equipaments, my G923 wont work with the game either :frowning:

Figured out the issue! I have the same headset, with the exact same problems as you do. The solution is simply to delete G Hub. Once I did that, the sound was completely fixed.