Bring back the Simulation League!

Next week’s Can-Am league!

Double points if you don’t tell anyone :slight_smile:

Yes! R class would be ideal IMO. I would run in that lobby non-stop.

If not R, the next best would be S, A and P. But really any sim league/lobby at all would be huge.

Simulation damage in Multi-class racing would be even better! If we had multi-class racing again.

I’d imagine that most people who prefer realism would also prefer multi-class.

2 Likes

I’d go for something lower but I have been enjoying R recently thanks to the Ferrari 312 P.

B is a great class as there is no “one true leaderboard car” that dominated the boards.

Maybe run a poll on Twitter/Facebook?

Any sim league would be much appreciated!

R scares me slightly but I’d go with it.
Last week we got the 70GP, are we getting sim league next week?

Dang, I’m away next week :frowning:

For me, R class would be cool, but I’d prefer A or B first. I’d also hope the laps raced would be increased to allow for pit stops. And it would probably be a good idea to leave out Yas Marina!

1 Like

I think the last one I did over the weekend I doubled the laps for the class which I think worked out ok. I’m weary of making Pinnacle always be Sim even though it would be a good fit. Thanks for all the input. Look for most likely after the Can-Am finishes. Anything more than 3 current Leagues spreads out people a little thin. I’ll most likely still keep it Pinnacle and Elite so if you are in Professional, that gives you another week and half or so to get up into Elite.

6 Likes

I’m so happy right now. Thank you!

1 Like

I’d vote for A or B too to begin with. While it may or may not be true to say griefers might stick to the cosmetic lobby’s, that wouldn’t stop well-meaning but inexperienced drivers losing control of the R class cars and messing up the races of everyone around them. Something a little more forgiving at first.

^^^ I’ll second that, I’m looking forward to it but me being very impatient… I want it NOW! Lol :laughing:

I believe that s class would be a good compromise. Handling R class cars will be too much for most people and cause more accidents in braking zones

1 Like

I loved the sim one in FM3. Unfortunately it faded fast. And it was a challenge when they put you in Rally de Positano (the 7 mile one) with no avail pits around. Most times the other drivers would exit after a crash and I finished the race by myself. But I built up my TS rating quite nicely.

I’d love a dedicated Lobby just for Gt cars with a PI limit of around 865-870. It would definitely be popular amongst many R class racers.

1 Like

Damnit. I’m in professional and need to get into elite for this. How can I get into elite? I try to keep my lines clean as possible but always spoiled by someone ramming me off track.

If you think you’re fast enough for elite but other people are spoiling it for you in Professional, try doing the ghost league even if it’s not really your thing. I ran the ghost league just for a couple of days and placed between 1st and 3rd all the time and i just got promoted to Elite.

I can’t really say i found a lot of intentional wreckers in professional though (Can-Am league)…for the most part it was pretty decent. We’ll see how elite goes.

Switching to Manual w/ Clutch (using A button for clutch) did the trick for me. Being able to stay in a specific gear or downshift into a power band when you need to really helps a lot. I still use ABS though as well as TCS on the faster cars. Turn STM off though. Once I switched to Manual w/ Clutch I never fell back into the Professional league. “Super GT” on youtube has a good video on how to use manual w/ clutch, I recommend viewing that and his other videos.

If you haven’t already, switch to Manual w/ Clutch and turn ABS off. Once you get used to it, your lap times will go down by a ton. Besides that, work on your racecraft. Focus on knowing how to spot wrecks before they happen and the best ways to avoid them. Refresh your conception of the proper racing line by watching some videos explaining the physics behind finding the apex and perfect braking/acceleration points. You probably already know the basics of these or they may seem like obvious knowledge, but I’ve found that watching such videos will help you keep a more present mind while racing because those concepts will be fresh (and you may even learn something new). Even if you’re only saving 0.1 seconds a turn, that can add up to seconds a lap.

I’m using a Fanatec wheel

ABS OFF
Manual with clutch
Sim steering
TCS STM OFF
No rewind
Only thing I don’t do is simulation damage because it’s pointless when the opposition doesn’t have the same handicap.

Good idea though, I’ll watch some YouTube vids and tackle the ghost leagues. Just find it so boring when your just hot lapping with ghosts

I totally agree.
In fact I’ve only bothered playing online a few times since, and that was just to see if it came back.

How hard can it be to have one running in the league ???

It’s the only thing that sorts the wheat from the chaff, please please please please please bring this back.

I think Modern GT or Touring Cars would be good to start with since they have good handling so people wouldn’t crash into each so easily. And they are fast enough to make some good racing.