Bring back real racing

The argument is, What do they expect when you put 24 players into one race with 2 laps? We need more laps, its as simple as that, it would make such a difference to the game play and not everyone trying to get first into the first corner, 5 races in a run I went to last in the first corner because of trolls, the game is destroying itself.

7 Likes

Another one of these post. Anyone else want to join in on this band wagon?

I agree and this behaviour is actually what Turn 10 leans us in singleplayer as well (not sure if they are aware of it). Even though I find the mods an interesting idea for singleplayer and in general I like it a lot, the most efficient career-race cash farming method is to use the Long Shot mod where you start at the back of the pack and need to finish top 3 to get 50% extra credit. But that means in those few laps you got to crawl from 24 to 3. I adjust my difficulty setting so that it’s rather easily possible but still with a bit of a challenge added to it. But either way it doesn’t feel much like a car race, more like a rat race. :slight_smile:

Something that would make a HUGE difference IMO if they would allow career race progression if you finish in the top 3 OR you made the fastest lap on the circuit. That way I’m not in a rush to finish top 3, I can put the difficulty setting even higher while using the same mod. Maybe I only finish top 15 or something but if my fastest lap is better than those drivatars at the top. In real life races the top 3 gets on the podium yes but the fastest lap is always noted as well. It’s a good reason to allow career progression with fastest laps as well.

Yes, me.

2 Likes

So what…hes not allowed to vent and have an opinion? He makes good points

1 Like

I’ll jump on the bandwagon!

I think the OP makes a reasonable point. Lobbies are too big in relation to the number of laps in a race in general hoppers and this can encourage a bad racing mentality. I’d suggest sixteen maximum would be a better number. Anything less and a race can become hollowed out too quickly. I would’t go along with raising the number of laps in hopper lobbies though it’s important that they remain accessible and keep menu waiting times to a minimum.

To be fair to Turn 10 they have started the League system which caters for longer races and in theory if you are good enough you will progress and often see better racecraft in the higher divisions of this which gives us all something to aim for. You can use Leagues in the same way as hoppers if you like and ignore the league tables etc. and just join in when you’ve got the time.

If you don’t like something weigh up the pros and cons and make some positive suggestions of what would make things better would be my best advice

5 Likes

Whilst I also prefer longer races I doubt we would ever see an increase in laps in the general hoppers or career and I can understand why. The hoppers and career are aimed at the casual players of Forza the majority of whom only play Forza for short periods at a time and have no desire for races that last longer than 5 - 10 min, longer races would drive people away from the game.

Having more laps would also not necessarily mean cleaner racing. I have taken part in both of the Sim leagues in pinnacle that have a higher lap count, there was still bad driving from some and 1st corner pile ups. From my experience in the hoppers most of the accidents are caused by the vast gap in skill between the players in the lobby. Its the less skilled people who cant hold a line around a corner or don’t know their breaking zones that cause most of the pile ups, this isn’t going to change because there are more laps.

The league races have been created for those looking for more serious racing, it is here that longer races should (and have been) implemented, I personally think that all the leagues should have a higher lap count not just the Sim league.

2 Likes

Well said, I agree 100% with this.
Career and hoppers : races with lengths they have now. Hoppers indeed fewer max players as someone started above, 16 sounds perfect.
Leagues indeed should be for the more serious racers, 24 players + longer races + sim damage on (in ALL leagues Turn 10, not just the 2 highest ones).

1 Like

While very true about the less skilled racers who cannot hold a line to save their life, the last week or two I’ve noticed that there are a handful of racers who dominate race after race are often the ones who - at the start of the race - expertly pit cars ahead of them not into the wall, but into traffic. The racer who was pitted then caused a massive pileup while the racer who hit them attained a nice 3-400 meter lead while the dust settled.

It’s kind of an ingenious move because the blame is shifted to the person being wrecked and not to the actual racer who started the chain reaction.

The one who was doing this in the B Class league last week was kicked once or twice, but found his way back into the lobby sometime later and continued his messed up tactics.

1 Like

More laps isn’t the solution, as you still get Lap 1 pileups in the longer races (Sim League).

Having cars ghost a second or two earlier than they do now would help a lot; many of the pileups that happen at problem tracks such as Rio are down to the fact that the car at the head of the pack hasn’t ghosted after a crash, and the cars behind have nowhere to go and no time to react.

1 Like

Forza is not a racing game, it’s a car enthusiast game, if you like real racing you should try Project Cars or upcoming Assetto Corsa instead.

7 Likes

So im to move to another game for a real race because Turn 10 rushed into making Forza 6, Ive been a Forza player since Forza 1, and this has been the worst of them all, people used to respect another and Turn 10 used to listen to peoples opinions and needs

1 Like

Sure there is a lot of things to do in Forza, but the main portion of the game revolves around racing and always has done.

1 Like

The likes of Bathhurst, Daytona, Nurburgring GP, Road America, Sebring, Silverstone GP, De Spa, all really good tracks but lasts less than 5 Minutes a race in B Class, its not enough

1 Like

Yeah it’s unfortunate those tracks in B class are only 2 laps each especially considering we got 3 laps in B class on each of those tracks in Forza 5 except for Daytona obviously.

I had posted about this when the game first launched but it seems most people didn’t really care about the change to fewer laps or didn’t feel like posting their thoughts.

1 Like

its like people saying ‘‘Jumping on the bandwagon’’ if not enough people point out the flaws in the game, nothing gets done

1 Like

I think the point is theres a thread on this already.Multiple.It goes no where.Use search function.Add to one of the other threads if number of posts is what your looking for.

1 Like

Why not add bonus rewards after races to try encourage better racing? Bonus credits for finishing higher than you started, bonuses for clean passed, and even deductions for bad driving. To me it seems there is little reward for trying to race cleanly, no incentive, and it clearly shows

6 Likes

A little bit league points work like that. In simple calculation the max points are 2400 in a full lobby. I often earned 2500 or 2800 without finishing 1st. Not sore if this was bay clean passed and / or clan laps, Or may be places in finished better than I started.
Penalty for bad driving was discussed often here. Two problems - at all it is not easy to judge and implement and whatever way it is implemented, it is very likely to be abused (break checking, forcing others to go off limits, just to give them penalty).

That would be a great idea to bring into the game

Forza Horizon 2 had something similar. If you went a certain amount of time in a race without hitting anyone, or you made a good pass, you gained extra points towards your driver level. However, it also rewarded plowing through objects on the street like phone booths and such and drifting and spinning.

My biggest motivator in the older Forza’s was damage. If your car was damaged, you could lose a significant amount of your winning credits to repair damage (even when damage is set to cosmetic). Without that, there’s no penalty to smashing things up like a cranky Bruce Banner.

5 Likes