Brakes

I’m aware of those, and forgotten most of them because of how tucked away they were.

Something like this is what I had in mind:

Also, since it’s on-topic:

Just had a race round Laguna, with the guy in 2nd, driving an xbow, constantly braille braking, until the last corner when i was hit hard enough to dump me into the sand. No apology, nor did they wait for me. Just because he had a lb car, he thought he had the right to finish 1st. If i run that close to someone, i nearly always adopt a separate braking line, to ensure that I dont take them out, through a mistake on my part.

My favorite is when you’re going into the first turn and your braking early to allow all the traffic to make the turn and the guys behind hit you and then get mad that you are actually using your brakes properly.

1 Like

Have a break, have a kitkat

2 Likes

Have a brake, and don’t eat behind the wheel :slight_smile:

Here’s another perfect example: He didn’t ghost properly, so I couldn’t avoid the initial hit.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=F59BC1F0D4888E55&id=F59BC1F0D4888E55!1158&parId=F59BC1F0D4888E55!178&o=OneUp

Doing league racing sometimes is a blast! Other times its… ridiculous.

In Season 2 I haven’t seen a lot of “Wreckers” per se. Thankfully!

However what I am finding a lot of is people that have no respect for each other. I don’t mind someone not seeing me and swiping in to the side of me, it happens. I can even live with a pileup here or there and I don’t make it through.

What I AM Tired of is people who use me for their brakes, shoving me past the turn (usually in to the wall ahead, or off in to the grass/dirt, anyway).

If you are faster than me, I will stay to one side, You can PASS me.
If you aren’t paying attention, well don’t race in leagues!
Perhaps I braked a little early (I don’t SLAM on the brakes so its not excuse), brake past me then, next to me, cut me off, etc…

I understand sometimes it happens, and I have no qualms with a little friendly bumping, but this is not that, and its getting old. It happens WAY more than it should. Particularly in the last lap when people seem to throw out the rules to get that extra place or two.

Come on people, just treat others like you want to be treated. You wouldn’t be happy if I came in to you at 10-15mph faster than I should be going at the end of the straight and shoved you off the track meanwhile you keep going!

/rantoff

12 Likes

I understand how you feel. I have accidentally bumped people in the rear in the leagues, because they were slowing down to much, and I was coming in at a proper speed, braking at the right time. Well, those people that I accidentally pushed into the grass, took it personally and decided to come back and ram me from behind, without braking at all. They damaged my car and put me out of the race, but they got to continue on. And this is in the Leagues, in the Super Trofeo series! I’m a clean racer, accidents do happen, but don’t take it too personally! I understand if you tapped me, and I lost control. I can tell the difference. But if you purposely come and slam into me, then I will have a score to settle with you. But, back to the topic on hand, I fully agree with you.

This happens a lot. If I bump someone accidentally I send someone a message and usually all is good but occasionally you get a guy who just wants to pick a fight and that ruins the experience for many of us.

There are two scenarios:

1. You get bumped. The guy passes you. You get furious. You swear. Possibly more bad things happen.

2. You get bumped. The guy passes you. You get furious. The guys gives you the place back and maybe apologises. You mumble “no problem mate, accidents happen”.

You can tell when you’re in a good lobby because there’s more apologising than swearing.

2 Likes

I know, it is just unbelievable. I have done all the Trofeo leagues. 80-100 races. every single time slammed in the rear. if I start 1st , 2nd, 3rd, 4th, slammed in the rear. if I start 18th or back I get to watch the mayhem. You would think at least some of the racers would get it, do not damage the car and you will finish the race without quitting and ruin everyone’s points. A lot of races I have been in 24 start and 12 finish, and why, because you damaged your car or someone by slamming in to it. I got in a league race the other night, last night of season 2 week 1 league. First Race,22 racers, everyone of us made it around the first turn. I was in heaven, yes maybe a good lobby, I started 10th, So I was watching the mini map and I saw every car make it around turn one, last turn of the lap I had made my way to 2nd place, nice clean racing, I was having a blast, all of the sudden WHAM in the rear, knocked off the track spun around hit the wall, race over, Well so much for that, I knew the guy could have never hit his brakes for the impact I took was severe, thank you very much you buffoon.

Some people are just not very good at racing with others. They’re not deliberately wrecking opponents, but simply haven’t got the skill, experience or patience (sometimes all 3) to position their car in such a way that they can make a clean pass.

Not a whole lot you can do about that as by the time those players have learned how to pass cleanly a new generation of racers will have showed up making the same rookie mistakes.

Focus on your own driving habits and pace level; if you can get quick enough to escape from the pack, you’ll only have 1 or 2 cars to worry about, and the chance of having a clean race increases.

2 Likes

Does anybody else feel it may be down to which view you drive in, I went from the behind the car view to cockpit, to now hood driving, as I think I am faster like this, but it is hindered somewhat with overall awareness of other cars I find it hard to overtake on corners in this view as you cant see at the sides like you can from above, and even in cockpit view you sometimes have a rear view mirror and door mirrors.

I tend to overtake on a straight if possible even then I can miss judge it in hood view and sometimes clip another car. I just find the above the car view less realistic than other views as the car seems to move unnaturally, even though I feel this would give the best vision of traffic around you but not necessarily behind. I know you can look left and right with the stick but when your in traffic this can make it worse.

1 Like

You need to use your right thumb stick.

Doh!!!

real quick click view side to side.
that is the only way sorry

Agreed, and everyone has different tunes, so handling on some tunes may not be as perfect. I just wish people would let the faster cars go and not hold them up and cause an accident by holding up a cluster of them later.

I have hands like shovels with freakishly big thumbs… side to side real quick ain’t gonna happen

It will be fine, just like everything else you have to get used to it. When you switched to hood view I bet you thought this is not going to work, right. Once you got used to it, I am sure it works.
It works very well, I use it all the time. Just real quick, just to see if anyone is there, once you get used to it you can even angle it and look over your shoulder, or to the rear. Has to be real quick, click, off. Just like that. Just like looking at your rpm quick back to track.

I appreciate the advise and I will give it a go, in career mode so as not to create more accidents. Thanks Man