Blueprint: Custom Blueprint Championships in Forza Horizon 5

Hey guys.

Thought I might discuss about one feature that I would LOVE to see make a return in Forza Horizon 5. Thankfully with the introduction of the Route Creator introduced in Forza Horizon 4 and EventLab’s large amount of props in Forza Horizon 5, I think this may interests you guys.

The feature in question is Blueprint Championships which was first and only introduced in Forza Horizon 3. Just as a reminder what it did back in that game, it allows you to make a championship of your own and can have up to 10 races in a championship. Back in that game, you have the same options as how you make a regular Exhibition Blueprint but the races you can pick is mainly just any of the Horizon Routes. Once you created it, you have it shared and shown off whenever someone wants to do something at the start location that you created your Blueprint at. Apart from that, the premise is identical to any championship you do. You complete races to score points, you win if you get the most points. Just incase you’re curious what Exhbition Blueprint is, it is just a single event blueprint.

What bothers me is that we have Blueprints and Championships in the form of Seasonal Championships in Forza Horizon 4 and 5 currently, but not combined. That is a bit bothersome for people who likes makes championships, because that means they have to drive to EVERY Event Start Location that they have to make the Blueprint AT the Start Location which has the route in question that you want to use. This is one of the reasons why I wished we have Custom Blueprint Championships. The benefit of having it is that it gives players another reason to simply play the game at their leisure and also gives them another way of having fun and play around with the potential that the Blueprint feature has at its arsenal. It would be really awesome for more creative players to be showcased with the power of what they’ve created using the props of EventLab in a championship.

So what would be different if Custom Blueprint Championships got added in to Forza Horizon 5? Well it would behave mechanically similar to the Exhibition Blueprints that we have available but we will have more options compare to what it had in Forza Horizon 3.
Here are Pros and Cons of having Custom Blueprint Championships along with my wishes with this feature;

• PRO: Pick What Route You Want For Each Race - Thanks to Route Creator, you can pick either the routes the game has already on offer in the form of Horizon Routes, or pick any of the routes that you’ve created. If your custom route has props in the route itself, you just need to select that route and it would all appear, just like what you did in the Exhibition Blueprint. You can even combined them if you like. The championship can start at any current Race Start Location and doesn’t need to include a route from that Start Location. You can make up to 10 races at max just like Forza Horizon 3 Blueprint Championships. You can set each race’s lap count (if closed circuit), discipline (road, dirt, cross country, street race, drag if custom route), time of day, season, weather. You can also name and add a description to each race in the championship too! The character limitations is identical to how you make single race blueprints. The more races the merrier!
  • PRO: You Can Have A Mixed Seasoned Championship - With Seasons now available in Forza Horizon 4 and 5, if you make a Blueprint Championship that has events set in more than one or two seasons, there may be a tag to show that it is a Mixed Seasoned Championship. With the option to pick Time of Day, Weather and Season the race is set in, it would be a no brainer that people will want to make a championship where each race is set in a season different to their current one.
  • PRO: Championships With Fewer Opponents… Or… Harder/Easier Opponents - Who said you want to make a typical 11 opponent championship? In Exhibition Blueprints in Forza Horizon 5, you now have the option of changing how many opponents you want in a race and how easier or harder the Drivatars are in the Blueprint Settings. Those sort of options can easily be transfered over to a championship that is spread across more than one race. Of course once you set the number of opponents for one race in a championship, you cannot change it in later races of the said championship.
  • PRO/CON: Make Championships Difficult With Rewindless Races - This depends on if you want to make it difficult on yourself and your friends. You can disable Rewinds in all races in a championship just like what you did in a single race or have it disabled on certain races by going into each race’s settings and turning it on or off. If you have it disabled from the Blueprint itself, it disables all of them. This adds in the challenge of making it challenging for anyone to complete races without making one costly mistake. This would be very scary for races with routes that have no barriers to keep you from falling off the course. Because if you fall off, you cannot rewind and have to reset your vehicle to get back to where you were which costs you time.
  • ???: Different Cars In Each Race’s Flyer If Set To Custom (aka Flyer Car Challenge?) - This is more of a wishful thinking one but imagine having the option if you picked the Blueprint to be a Custom in a championship and allowing the ability to pick what car appears in the flyer of each of the races in that championship. You can technically do that in an Exhbition Blueprint with the Custom tag with the first vehicle you picked. Of course if that got untagged, it’ll go to the next car that you tagged. Imagine challenges where you need to use each race’s flyer car. Adds more variety to racing. Imagine if that turns into a challenge dubbed Flyer Car Challenge where you get an extra reward for using each race’s flyer car in that said championship if it was one of the Seasonal Championships. Something that would force you to use cars that you don’t typically use in races. Who knows, your next new favourite car might be one of the flyers.
  • CON: Rule Editor Will Most Likely Not Work With This Feature - With all good things, there has to be a bit of a drawback when it comes to making Custom Blueprint Championships. And one of them is very obvious and that is the difficulty to add rules to each and every race with the Rule Editor. Championships will require you to have routes that are designed perfectly for races and aren’t reliant (not the three wheel kind) on the rules. With that, making a championship means that the Rule Editor is disabled while making the blueprint. To be honest, with the options you have available, this drawback is pretty minor enough that the time you spent on making the perfect game mode or rules for the race can be spent on single races rather than a championship.
  • Other Things: Creative Hub - I may mention other things that are significant but not on the scale as what I said with the Pros and Cons. One is the Creative Hub. Creating and uploading Custom Blueprint Championships would fall under the Blueprint Categories and can be searched up by Blueprint Share Codes. Where to create a championship is up to you and can be at any current Race Start Location, you don’t need to include any of the races that starts there. It’ll appear as one of the EventLab options. Either make a Blueprint, make a Championship or, Play other Blueprints along with whatever the game selects out of other people’s EventLab creations at that race point screen.
  • Other Things: Solo, PvP or Co-Op… no Rivals - Another note is that you can complete these said championships in either; Solo, PvP or Co-Op… the latter two can be done with or without a Convoy. You cannot do Rivals just like regular Exhbition Blueprints.
  • Other Things: Slight Blueprint Flyer UI Changes For Blueprint Championships - There may also be slight UI Changes to note that it is a Blueprint Championship that you are currently doing with a different coloured marker for race start points that the championship is currently active. This also locks you out from doing any other races until that championship you’re currently in is completed unless you decide to Quit the Championship for now. There would be like an icon on the Blueprint letting you know that the Blueprint is a Custom Blueprint Championship along with the number of race events and the total distance for all of the events combined.
  • Other Things: Race Descriptions and Championship UI - For descriptions in the Blueprint Select Screen along with the Event Screen while looking at an Event Blueprint, you could have the option to look at the layout of each race along with its time of day, weather, season, race discipline, distance and its description at any time to learn a bit more about the race. If the championship is Custom, you may also have it show what car it appears on the race event’s Flyer.

So that is what I would envision what a Blueprint Championship feature would include in Forza Horizon 5. I would LOVE to see people find other ways to have fun in a Horizon game and not having this feature in this game would be such a MASSIVE missed opportunity. I want everyone to have the best experience out of this game. Even though this feature wasn’t that entirely known in Forza Horizon 3, it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be forgotten. You gotta consider that the Blueprint feature was VERY much new back in 2016. Now 5+ years later, I believe this feature deserves another light in the spotlight. You may not win at one race, but that does not matter. Every experience in a racing game for me is that every race is not always the same race. Every moment counts. You may win, you may lose, or you may just come in 6th place. That’s fine. The goal is to have fun. Make the most out of the experience.

So Playground Games and Turn 10, if you do read this, think about the potential of adding this feature into your current game. I don’t think there is no better time than NOW to make Blueprints better! And for everyone else in the community that reads this far down, if you like what I see out of having this feature being added, give it a well deserve Vote and spread the message. The more the word passes on, the better.

Yes please.

As somebody that hosts weekly race lobbies, being able to string multiple races together would be a great addition as the current convoy system isn’t really suited for organised racing.

Yes Horizon Open exists, but it also comes with its own issues, such as not being able to mix and match event types in a single championship, not being able to run events in C and D Class, not being able to run championships of more than 3 events etc.

1 Like

I figured this would be part of the blueprint system in the first place and was quite surprised to find out it wasn’t. Seems such an obvious thing to implement! Not being able to set up custom championships dampens my long-term enjoyment of the game quite a bit. Hope this makes it into the game! Thanks for your excellent post.

1 Like

I’d like to see this added to creative hubs, ability to store up to 3 playlists of custom routes, which other people can download to their own creative hub.

eg.

(1) Favourite dirt

• code 1
  • code 2
  • code 3

(2) challenge races

• code 1
  • code 2
  • code 3

(3) favs by Steve4533

• code 1
  • code 2

… and also what about for private lobby’s, ability to run a playlist as an online adventure.

2 Likes

I have suggested about this idea back in April 2022 and I thought I might leave a link to see if it gets more attention.

Just a summary of that post. it’s a feature from Forza Horizon 3 that hasn’t returned since and definitely deserves attention, especially with the inclusion of EventLab. It also doubles as a way for any player to showcase routes and creations that they’ve created in sequential order. It could be showcasing routes that they’ve made recently or old routes that they’ve revamped. It is a lot better than driving to each of the start points and having to update the blueprint to match with the other ones that would be in a championship. The drawback with creating custom championships will be the lack of a Rule Editor, cause players will just want to focus on straight up racing instead of playing custom game modes. If they want to see the same route that’s been adapted with EventLab rules, they just need to check out the user’s Exhibition Events. The Custom Blueprint Championships would be it’s own section in the Blueprints and can be accessed from any start point, and yes, you can use Horizon routes too in your own championship. The UI for the Blueprint Championship menu would be quite similar to the regular Blueprint UI with the difference obviously being that there’s an additional menu for the routes in the championship. You can have up to 10 events in a single championship and each can have different weather, time of day and even different season (yes, mixed season championship would be really cool). You can also add a description to each event or the entire championship. The routes you can choose are any of the Horizon routes and/or any of the routes that you’ve created and saved just by going to the map and click on the start points that you’ve unlocked. You can also give them a name for each event. For the Creative Hub side of Custom Blueprint Championships, they would simply be classed in the Blueprints Category and would have its own icon on the blueprint so that you know that it is a championship. The description of the championship will be shown just like a normal blueprint with the map of the route being replaced with the names of the events which the creator of the blueprint named them like the blueprint itself. After selecting the Custom Blueprint Championship and after picking Solo, PvP or Co-Op, the same scene for Seasonal Championships where the map shows up with the events stomped on it will play the same for Custom Blueprint Championships. The colour of the icons for the start points will be the same white but a blue/indigo shadow instead of the orange shadow. Once done, you got an active championship. The rules for winning, even with the points for Solo and PvP and the number of team victories in Co-Op are identical to Seasonal Championships.

So yeah, the Custom Blueprint Championships is a feature that is long overdue for a return and having it added to a game where the premise is clearly on being creative in your own way and sharing the experience with friends, it would be clearly a missed opportunity to not have this feature in Forza Horizon 5. It might seem like a large bit of complex novelty, but it is a feature that I’m sure people who were fans of Forza Horizon 3 Australia would be thrilled to see return in Mexico. The link from my original post is here on this post. Upvote both posts if you really wanna see this get more attention.

I’d like to throw out the return of the championships from Horizon three as perhaps an end game unlock since after you get past the Hall of Fame, all there is to do is championships and PR stunts anyways so why not let us set up championships of our own? I’d be alright with having a delay so Eventlab tracks can be added without issue but just take a moment and consider all the amazing community made tracks both real and fictional that would be perfect for a proper championship grind. It would also give us easy means of getting to events we enjoy without spending our immediate winnings on fast traveling across the map.