Black Smoke diesel trucks, cars and anything diesel

I think it’s disgusting. Bad for the engine, wasteful on fuel, offensive to the environment. The whole “rolling coal” fad is the unfortunate outcome of US hillbillies with too much time and not enough knowledge.

I humbly apologize, not all Americans think this is cool.

1 Like

All things that could be said about racing.

3 Likes

+1

Terrible idea. It’s illegal in the UK, so it wouldn’t even fit the game.

1 Like

On the other hand, people race across country crashing through stone fences in the UK all the time. In cars with the driver’s side on the left, too.

4 Likes

Still cleaner than a Volkswagen.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t mind some more diesel cars, even a diesel swap, but rolling coal to me is pretty stupid.

1 Like

Chicks don’t really dig the whole ‘rolling coal’ thing, just FYI boys.

2 Likes
2 Likes

That can be taken a couple of ways😉

That comment is sexist lol

I wanted to start the conversation about having diesels added to the World of Forza. I want to see what people would say about adding these coal rolling, fast, with heavily modifiable engines. These trucks are also HUGE, so lifting them and slapping bigger tires would be essential. So, which diesels am I talking about here? Ford Powerstroke; Dodge Cummins 12v & 24v; Chevy Duramax. These are iconic in America due to their pleasing looks, sounds, smoke, and brute toughness. I am not talking solely about the new models of these trucks, I am primarily focusing on their older predecessors dating back into the 1980s.

2nd Generation Dodge Cummins
2nd Generation Cummins

2005 Chevy Duramax

2004 6.0L Ford Powerstroke

Just a few examples of these trucks.

Lets get some feedback!

Eco-Friendliness…

The game needs some super smoky diesel saloons and hatches though. Its not british enough without them.

I’ve only seen smokey diesel in one place in the UK… Bradford and luckily that’s not a location in this game.

…what’s next, the fake dump valve kits that people put on a Vauxhall Vectra with matte black painted alloys. Please don’t make the game any worse.

Just add VW eco diesel cars haha

Can we at least make the Diesel engines sound better. They’re 75% turbo spool

Just because its rolling coal doesnt mean it’s not tuned for power, there are plenty of diesels that are producing 1500+hp but roll coal as a side effect. Regardless you’re always going to have some smoke from a deisel engine as you can never get a perfect AFR at all times. It’s like some of you have never seen an 18 wheeler going down the highway or american pickup trucks drag racing

I like diesels but please none of this coal-rolling nonsense. The guys who do that are not enthusiasts of anything, they’re just idiots.

Biggest issue with diesel in Forza is engine response, which is much worse. The best diesel engines are the smaller ones, like the one in the Ranger Raptor. The Duramax in the Hummer is already pretty bad. On top of that, the power band is pitifully narrow as well, but long gears can mend this somewhat.

The diesel Lola Mazda in FM7 is very difficult to drive without any sort of assist due to the huge turbo lag and extremely narrow power band.