Best Forza to date

I’ve been playing Forza since the original back in 2005 and have played all of them. While Forza 7 is definitely missing some features from previous games that I would have like to have seen included (and will never understand why they haven’t been), I do think this is the best to date.
For a start I found driving the cars the most enjoyable experience to date. They look, handle and sound amazing and because of the way career is laid out I’ve already driven a much more diverse group of cars than I ever would have this early on in any other Forza title. Combine this with a great collection of tracks, night racing and changing weather and I think I’ll be putting far more hours into this than any of the previous titles.
I wasn’t a fan of the Mod Cards in Forza 6 and felt they added very little to the overall experience of the game, possibly even detracted from it to a degree. Initially I was disappointed to see their return in Forza 7 however having spent a few hours with the game I am now enjoying using them. I especially like the challenge cards as these push me to be a better racer while earning extra CR in the process.
I agree the VIP status has been poorly implemented and needs to be reworked as you get very little for your money but I do not consider the to be a game breaker.
I honestly do think this is the best racing game I’ve played. Well done T10

7 Likes

Totally agree

Once I actually get on track and am driving it is the most enjoyable to me for sure… everything else in the game is a let down and dissapointing

2 Likes

In order of greatness:

Fm4
Fm6
Fm3
Fm7
Fm5

1 Like

I agree in that the driving physics itself is the best ever in Forza history. The controller sensitivity is also the superb, feels natural and easy to adopt.

The wet surface simulation is also better than it was in Forza6. I’ve just finished a race at Nordschleife in a Golf Mk.III and it was a tough fight to keep it on the road, I really enjoyed it.

I don’t understand why people bashing the Drivatars. Stupid crashes and random braking by the AI is much less frequent and I’ve fought some really close bumper-to-bumper races against them, even at difficult tracks like Bathurst or the mighty Nord.

The core of the game, the driving iteslf is really the best to date but almost everything apart from driving has some fault. F7 doesn’t feel that polished, carefully crafted quality product like its predecessors.

It’s like you order a brand new Mercedes-Benz and although it drives awesome the dashboard rattles, and the doors close with a thin clank of a microwave oven door isntead of the deep vault- like thump you got used to in premium cars. I guess you wouldn’t be happy with a Benz like that. With Forza I got used to that even the smallest details are close to perfection, and I cannot say its true for F7.

Agree, been play FM since the original. There are some issues but this is by far the best Forza has ever been, particularly the single player campaign. The physics and audio are just perfection, the graphics upgrade is also pretty huge, I’m floored that they managed to push the humble X1 so far.

With the (hysterical) loot box fiasco and removal of certain features, plus the fact I STILL can’t even access my VIP content or day one car packs it’s ultimately not enough to take away from my experience with the most amazing FM yet. Hopefully these issues are ironed out soon as this is a stunning achievement.

2 Likes

Totally agree

2 Likes

Increased grip levels, the car scaling and overall feel is very close to fm4 that coupled with superb visuals makes it a strong contender at being 1 of the best but it can’t be the best untill the other features catch up with with the phisics. U have to look at the whole game to give it such a big achalaid

I’m absolutely loving this game as well.

1 Like

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]