Beginner help

Any tips when building imports, tuners, and rally cars for street/dirt racing? Mainly for racing but able to drift handle well around tight turns

If youre looking for drift tunes i have quite a few for different styles of strifting, got an s13 build for driftinh at surfers paradise car park but it drifts well any where thata got tight corners. I have a lexus rcf that i built last night which it good for long sweeping high speed drifts. And i have rx7 build for meduim speed drifting. Check out my storefront, theres loads of drift tunes on there, my gt is matthewcb96. Add me on xbox too and i could help you with tuning it yourself to suit you style.

Just some copy pasta from my HOON tunes thread.
A few rules of thumb for upgrading tuning.
Always do a AWD swap, you wont be competitive without it.
If you are doing A or S1 class, try using the 6.2 liter V8. You might get more out of it than the V12.
You want the turbo conversion if you can get it. Note that you can try using a centrifugal supercharger instead of turbos if you are in a PI pinch. You might want to re work the gears though, since the torque comes in later in the power band.
Engine upgrades in order of importance; cams, turbo, exhaust, displacement, pistons, fuel, ignition, intake.
Never buy the intercooler or oil as they tend to cause understeer.
Always buy the following; Race suspension, Race anti roll bars front and back, race diff, AWD swap, maxed rear tire width.
Try to get; Race trans, sport stiffening, race weight, aero front and back, turbo conversion
ONLY buy the roll cage and upgrade front tire width IF you have left over PI. (sometimes buying the cage will make it worse, look carefully)
The biggest PI increase in the world is tire compound. Try not to upgrade it unless you are going for s1 class or higher. (choose cars with naturally high handling stats.)
Leave off things like clutch, drive shaft, flywheel, and rims until you have only 2-4 PI left. Then fine tune the PI by adding different combos of those upgrades, starting with rims and clutch.
Tire pressure 27psi
Alignment =camber2.0F, 1.0R, toe 0.1F, -0.1R, caster 5-6 depending on weight(inversely proportional to weight)
Attempt to max out your rear anti roll bar as far as you can. if you notice the inside rear tire lift off the ground, you need to lower it until it doesn’t. Then adjust the front anti roll bar to balance out the feel Of the turns. softer corrects understeer but stay above 20 unless tuning offroad.
Springs and dampers I use a calculator for, forza tune 6 is an app you can pay for… or you can use this free community created one here> https://forums.forzamoto…dable-in-word–pdf.aspx
Aero is easy, use as little rear aero as needed for the rear end grip. you can use front aero to correct understeer
Braking pressure is user preference, I prefer to fully depress the brakes without them locking until much slower speed. I reduce pressure to 80% balance between 55&52. Others, (faster than me “others” at that) increase to 145%pressure with no ABS on… I literally can’t even.
Diff for tarmac=front 13 accel, 0 decel. rear 43-60 accel, 0 decel. Front /rear =69%
Now comes the fine tuning.
Understeer = SOFTEN FRONT ARB/spring/bump & STIFFEN REAR spring & [(rebound especially for lift off undersreer*)]. Remember the rear ARB should already be close to, if not, maxed. Youi can also decrease rear aero & increase front.
Over steer. = Exactly the opposite of the steps for understeer. Also try lowering the rear ARB ( I know I said it should be close to max, but if you’re rear end slips out too easy lower it a tad and see if it helps. Also try increasing the rear decel differential to 5 -10 if you loose traction too easily while cornering.

1 Like