Banned?

I received a message saying “your gamertag was banned from this feature”, but it doesn’t specify what I’m banned from or why. So far the only thing I’ve noticed that I don’t have access to is sharing my livery designs. I don’t know why I would be banned from this, I would never create or upload anything offensive. My designs are basically all rusted out/dirty cars, covered in bumper stickers. I guess it’s not really a big deal, I’m just very curious as to how this happened and how I can avoid this in the future.

Best to contact T10 via their email, though from the sounds of it you shouldn’t be using a certain bumper sticker

I guess, but I’m not sure what it could be. I really don’t have anything offensive on there. The only thing I could think of is maybe they aren’t cool that I used the imgur logo? Other than that, it’s mostly just bands I like.

One of the band names very easily could have been offensive or drug related.

You know what, you might be on to something with that. I made a Spose sticker that said “pdank”. I didn’t think that would ruffle any feathers, but I guess I could see how it might. Also, I went to Turn 10’s support page, but it only has a link to buy Forza 5. I thought that was odd.

Stop putting words that Turn 10 may think is in poor taste on your cars. I don’t know if Pdank is a weed reference, but the word Dank sure is. They don’t like that. They don’t like the word BALLS either. The ban will be lifted in a few days. Just going forward, remember they are extra strict on what they can send you to the penalty box for.

:thumbsup:

I didn’t do it intentionally, I’m not some burn out stoner teenager or pot advocate or anything, I just wanted to reference a musician I like. Like I said, it’s not a big deal to me, I’m less concerned about the fact that I was banned and more concerned with how to avoid it in the future. I enjoy sharing my liveries and checking out other people’s work, I don’t want to see tasteless things on other peoples cars, and I don’t want to put it on my car, intentionally or otherwise. It’s an easy fix and I’ll be more mindful with my future work.

All that really needs to be said here: Xbox Live Code of Conduct.

2 Likes

I appreciate the feedback, fellas. I don’t think I’ll pursue the issue any further, it’s just a temporary ban, no need to waste anybody’s time on it, really. I’ll change the sticker and be a little more wary of what I make in the future. Thanks again.

yeah pdank did it

Most unfortunate. I’ve replaced it with an MC Lars sticker. I doubt that’ll offend anybody.