bad taste?

It’s easy to get the impression that the vast majority dislike both the game and the dlc packs when you visit this forum, but this is of course not the case, there are certainly at least as many who think the opposite, but they usually never post on forums , they play the game and are happy and satisfied instead.

3 Likes

Here’s the thing. On the subject of annoyance with negativity, opinions, etc.

I’m old. I’m grumpy. I’ve been out of the military for years, yet still wear half my BDU uniform on any given day, just because civilian clothes annoy me. I run my household like Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket, and it’s taken multiple wives to even find one who can remotely stand me for more than a few hours in a row. If anyone has any expectation of giving an order, and having it followed, it’s me. If anyone is proactive about quashing malarkey, it’s me. I have little patience for bull in my private life, and the vast majority of people in this world would likely hate me with prolonged contact, never mind life within my family proper.

Point is, that said, I learned long ago that no matter how annoying people can get on the internet, the best way to egg them on is to try to order them around, lol. Telling people they are wrong, or that they need to “can it”, almost never works. For every one that does shut it, two more will come along to start up again. Doesn’t matter what the opinion is. Positive, or negative, people on the internet will keep posting them regardless of what anyone else thinks, and most of those people will suffer from the impression that they’re the first to express such notions, or that their opinion takes precedence in some way.

So, while I can sympathize with those, who like me, often get annoyed with all the posts one often encounters on the average forum, I can tell you that the only reason such things don’t give me ulcers is because I realized one day that it really wasn’t all that important. I learned to walk away when things got too annoying, and I learned that “winning” most debates on the internet is about has meaningless has you can get in the scope of life.

Sure, I’d love it if this site was full of happy people who happened to share my thoughts and ideals. Who wouldn’t? But that’s not going to happen.

The best bet is to learn what threads are most likely to tick us off, and either learn to accept them for what they are, or don’t read them. Treat them for the entertainment they often are, or ignore them.

On the flip side, nothing is there to stop us starting positive threads of our own.

Debate civil. Respect gets respect. Don’t respond to every fight like it’s for the salvation of the universe, and realize there is always going to be a hater/fanboy (or two…or ten) in the mix there somewhere, and there will always be people who will not share the same opinions. If all else fails, move the conversation to private messages between like minds, if one can’t stand the direction of the thread, or ask for moderator assistance if the situation warrants it. It’s all we can do really.

Just my two cents. Take it or leave it. :wink:

10 Likes

It becomes even easier once you learn to recognize that people fighting over video games is no better or no different from children in a sandbox fighting over a plastic spade and you are best served by recognizing the patent absurdity of the situation and by no means taking it in the least bit seriously.

7 Likes

True, true. Very much true.

2 Likes

Annnnd bingo was his nameo

3 Likes

Turn 10/Microsoft have chosen a business plan for the Forza franchise and, like any other business, will succeed or fail financially on their actions.

There is already a significant number of previous(Xbox 360) Forza players who have chosen not to invest a considerable amount of money into a next gen console or Forza 5 at this time. As any savvy tech/game consumer knows, the price of console video games never increases as time goes on and the console itself, as is already the case with the Xbox One, will also decrease in price. With other racing sim options available now and in the near future, perhaps the knowledgeable and open minded motorsports video racing enthusiast is waiting to see what is the best game and value for the price, no matter what the platform, developer or distributor instead of hanging on the Forza bandwagon.

I believe there are a number of car racing enthusiasts that are hopeful that a game developer that puts out a decent product, respects the customers who purchase the product, allows the product’s community to speak freely and considers opinions, observations and suggestions to improve the game will come forward.

Personally, I don’t have a “bad taste” for what Turn 10 is doing because I’m one of those who has chosen to wait and see what is available before laying down my hard earned cash on a video game. Maybe it will be a Forza title, maybe not. Forza 4 still works for me and I have other racing games. After all, it is just a game

Forza 5 represents the dawn of a new era. A launch game on a new console has the opportunity to make a huge impression…and also draw a lot of scrutiny.

I have owned every Forza title. I have owned all the DLC since Forza 4, even for Horizon. I have raced online a LOT and even taken it farther to participate in organized leagues. (Though I do not anymore because I can’t make weeks-long commitments to being in the same place at the same time every single week.)

The Forza series is my favorite.

That said, I stand by my belief that Forza 5 is the best entry in the series. The physics of the game and driving experience completely surpass all of the previous games.

I never once worried about the lack of cars or tracks. The ability to better appreciate differences between each car in stock form, and the ability to study each car in detail in Forzavista (I mean…look at the textures in the cockpits.) really gives you the opportunity to appreciate each vehicle on a different level than was previously available.

I’m a car lover. The details, sometimes miniscule details, are important. And they’re all rendered in stunning 1080p beauty in Forza 5.

I play music by trade and my other obsession in life are guitars made by the C.F. Martin company in Nazareth, Pennsylvania. Anyone who knows guitars knows that C.F. Martin makes the Stradivarius of guitars, particularly the ones made in the 1930’s, but even their brand new guitars have virtually no equal.

The company today is still family owned, by the fifth generation of that family. One of the former CEO’s, Christian Frederick Martin III, had a saying that rings true in many areas of life: “Non Multa Sed Multum” - “Not Many But Much”

Quality is always preferable over quantity. Forza 5 offers up quality in spades, not only visually but also on the end that really matters, the driving.

Sure there are some glaring omissions, some game features we all might like to see, but none of that changes the fact that what is given to us is of an extremely high level of quality.

I’m still loving it.

2 Likes

Im part of many online communities for games (Farming Sim 2013, Fallout, ETC) but i have never seen so many people complain and argue as i have here! I get it we all dont like the car packs or the game, I like them honestly, but dont rip on EVERY LITTLE THING! When Monza comes out people will whine, when the Ring comes out people will whine, when the next racing game on X1 comes out people will whine. We need to just stop complaining and play. Yes a lot of cars are “recycled” but I bet not many know what goes into a simple model. I do, it’s a whole heck of a lot even on a simple shape. Imagine what a whole car takes, and every part that moves, changes or deforms are seperate models. So please everyone just stop whining and enjoy the game.

rant over sorry if I upset anyone

1 Like

My biggest problem with Forza 5 is that they didn’t really pull the “Everything must be perfect” card on this game as they had in past Forza’s. I fully understand that it is a new console to develop for, but the amount of bugs in this game (that are still in the game currently) is a lot. It may not be as bad as a certain FPS multi-console game that was practically unplayable on some platforms, but there are still TONS of paint glitches, issues with loading screens and freezing, map problems, etc. The other thing that is unperfected are things like uncomplete feeling features. The Replay Mode has a couple of cameras, it seems like they just finished a few cameras and said good enough for now. The Storefront makes me wonder if they never completed it or the Auction House and decided to complete the time restraint, take it out. Forzavista has a lot of cars that you can’t open the hood and trunk on. Whether it be licensing problems, I don’t know. But some how I doubt it considering the Camaro ZL1 is one of those vehicles.

Finally, my biggest problem with FM5 is not the lack of cars but the fact that they decided about a year ago that instead of adding the cars that EVERYONE wanted that had just released last year, the year before, etc., they decided to re-add cars from past Forza’s rather than mix it up a bit. I fully understand re-adding cars to build the list, but at least do a half and half type of deal with each car pack. 5 brand new cars to the series, 5 cars from the past series. Now, if they decide to add another car pack with these new cars then that will be nice, but considering they wouldn’t put it into the Car Pass makes me think “greedy” here. Unless they are planning one more pack that is free to Car Pass owners, then I don’t know what to think anymore about Turn 10.

I feel like this game was rushed, however. Should have been put on hold just a bit longer. It’s nice that they gave us the booster packs free with the Car Pass and track packs free for everyone after the backlash, but it’s still ridiculous that Turn 10, the company that used to be a community company, is now losing that status symbol.

1 Like

Again somebody that I massively agree with. There seem to be dozens of really basic problems in this game that I can’t help but feel shouldn’t have slipped through play testing, such as the audio glitching out wildly if you use the head tracking. I mean seriously, nobody tried that and thought “Oh wait that isn’t right, we should probably fix that”. We’ve just had the last official car pack and it’s STILL there.

What aggravates me the most though is that T10 are seemingly ignoring all the problems and just pretending everything is fine. I have no problem that it’s a flawed product, I’m annoyed that T10 are just playing it off like everybody is happy. If they just apologized and admitted that they were rushed on the release a bit, which lets face it they were, as MS wanted FM5 as a launch game for the X1, I’d feel much happier, as I’d feel they actually care about the community, because at the moment I feel like they haven’t the slightest clue of what their community actually want.

1 Like

You certainly seem to have a very good grasp on how these things work, could you clarify where in the process one publicly places blame on their employer? Is it before or after handing in one’s resignation?

1 Like

Sarcasm, nice.

I understand Turn 10 can’t come out and say “We were rushed by Microsoft, sorry” as they are a Microsoft studio, but I’m sure words to the effect of “We feel we released the game prematurely, and understand some visions weren’t met to their fullest potential, but unfortunately we had a deadline to meet”.

The game felt a lot like a hash, and even now still feels unfinished. I’m not saying it hasn’t got its good points, because it has got some great things going for it, I just wish they’d acknowledge that the product isn’t perfect, rather than pretending that everything is okay and everybody is happy, because that just isn’t the case.

Well said. If Turn 10 would just admit that there is a problem, I would feel much better about them. But considering they keep playing it off like everything is just fine, that is where they are going wrong. I’m not complaining because the game has issues. New console, completely re-done from scratch, totally understandable with how hard it is to build a game on these next gen consoles. I am complaining that Turn 10 won’t admit there are issues with it and that they have lost touch with what people want in the game for DLC-wise. They could have looked at the Car Wishlist and seen that there are a select few cars that nearly everyone requested. Satisfy a majority of the community, not focus on a few.

1 Like

Forza 5 has given me 6 months of entertainment.Flaws in game ,yes, paid Dlc yes wellcome to the 21c.

2 Likes

We All knew it was a launch Title… I play Forza4 for the league racing, and Forza5 for the eye popping graphics.
When (three days a week) I race F4 for league racing, the cars look like boxes compared to F5… I like (what seems like most people)
am a little disappointed, but look on the bright side we have New tracks, New cars, New playing experience, I’m sure T10 will get around to
getting the Ring and most of the great tracks we all love. The paying for new cars seems to be a bit much, a freebie every once in a while would be nice.
I’m sure in time T10 will have everything sorted out. F5 Was, and Is a launch title.

There are people who will complain about everything and anything, that’s for sure. There are also people here who will back Turn 10, no matter what they do. Those people are easy to identify because they turn up in every thread with a statement belittling or shaming anyone with a negative thing to say about “The Forza”. These folks seem to have a TOS exemption and are fully backed by forum regulators. While complaints are tolerated here to certain degree, the tone and content are strictly regulated.

I feel sorry for those who invested a sizable chunk of change into an Xbox One and Forza 5 only to be disappointed in their purchase, then come here to these forums to be shamed when they have a complaint or problem. From what I gather by going through the forum, many of the people who are disappointed or have complaints are previous Forza game title owners, some of their complaints and grievances must have some merit, after all, they had the faith in Turn 10 to purchase a new console and game, I think they are just looking for Turn 10 to show they appreciate their faith and patronage.

3 Likes

Communication is a problem that’s plaguing a lot of developers right now. There just aren’t enough people to “speak to the masses”, as it were- and even if there was, even if the general opinion was that whatever game in question is good, there would be people flaming and trolling and complaining all the livelong day.

For developers of large games like Turn 10, there just isn’t enough to be gained by going out of their way to communicate with the community.

CarbonCamaro, I’m not sure the selection of the cars in the DLC has anything to do with satisfying a minority of the community. The answers are more obvious than most would like to let on.

As i posted in the car pack thread,Johns last post in his clue thread said this,“we will continue to expand and improve FM5 as someone said the best is yet to come”. They are talking to us,some just don’t listen!

I’ve not spoken with them on the subject but perhaps, just perhaps, Turn 10 do not feel they were rushed in any way and delivered the game they intended to deliver in the timeframe they were given.

Are there some issues with the game? Yes.
Are Turn 10 aware of those issues? Yes
Are Turn 10 working to correct some or all of those issues? Yes

Turn 10 have a long history of playing things close to the vest and not revealing what they’ve been doing until it is ready to launch. That they continue to do so should hardly be surprising for those that have been here for more than five minutes.

It’s a video game, a luxury item purchased with what should be discretionary funds. No one’s life or death is contingent upon the game, things get changed or do not get changed and we all move inexorably onward.

2 Likes

Dude, no way.

If by what you’re saying is they were given a small timeframe (aka rushed), and delivered the best game they possibly could, then I would agree with that.

That had to have been rushed, no way do that leave out so many features that seem to define the franchise. Does anybody really think they didn’t want to put clubs in? Or a proper distance meter? Or a storefront? Or more tracks? Or more cars! Of course they did.

Cone on now… Defenders gon defend…

1 Like