Backward compatibility

Now that xbox has Original xbox games available in backward compatibility. Will we get the original Forza motorsport and forza 2 available

3 Likes

Would be pretty cool. I actually bought FM2 after 3 and 4 just to get them all at that point. Graphics showed their age but a good game.

1 Like

Every Forza title up to and including Forza Motorsport 5 has reached “end of life status”, which means that it won’t be re-released or made available on any digital platforms.

The chances of any Forza title becoming backward compatible are pretty much zero, Forza Horizon was made available a few weeks before it reached its own end of life status.

Then someone explain to me how did Grid 2 became backwards compatible?

Codemasters can, if you ask them.

Personally I think the graphics in Grid 2 were way ahead of their time for the 360 so it made sense to bring it to the new generation consoles. Of course the game was pure graphics with no depth so I didn’t actually play it much after BC.

I wonder if any game was ever made backwards compatible but also not available to sell digitally.
Meaning the only possibility is using the disc…

Yes. See ‘format: disc only’

Grid 2 is still sold on steam for PC. Perhaps they have a longer licensing agreement. Licensing is the problem and why you will not see older Forza games become backwards compatible. It would be great and its a shame this most likely will not happen.

I’d honestly be surprised if we never saw the original Forza Motorsport given backwards compatibility, given it was basically the foundation of an awesome series, that has not only went through to FM7 currently, but also ended up producing the open-world Forza Horizon series too! It would be like if Halo was never remastered for example, it just seems like one of those games that deserves to be brought back to current day Xbox One / X through the full backwards compatibility!

2 Likes

i have made a request for forza motorsports 2 to become backwards compatable on xbox ideas uservoice. everyone needs to get over there and vote!! lets make this happen. was incredible game and 360 just went out.

1 Like

If it impossible to get it backwards compatible. Why don’t they create an remastered version of them?

1 Like

It’s called Motorsport 7. Doesn’t make sense to have two similar games.

But then why did Microsoft ever create backwards compatibility though that doesn’t make much sense either really if they aren’t going to do something more with it I really don’t see them limiting games forever most likely we will hear more about them at some point like for 10th anniversary or 20th I’m sure Microsoft has more plans with backward compatibility with games in the future that would only make sense that way if they did to have a feature like that after all a lot of older Windows games will work on recent versions of Windows I just loaded up a Windows 95/98 game the other day on Windows 10. Microsoft seems to have great interest into backwards compatibility with everything they do a lot of the time. I’m sure that Xbox hasn’t changed that much that would make it impossible either for them to do especially if you already own the game disk for the game I think it could expand more that way eventually. Maybe Microsoft plans to roll out a updated feature for backwards compatibility so that any game will just eventually work instead of having to update every game like it just makes more sense that way.

The whole licensing thing with backward compatibility is just depressing to me. So many great games that could be played but just because of stupid politics it can’t be done. If the games can’t be sold then why can’t they make them disc only? You buy the game second hand or use the one you already have, the console can download the game afterwards. I would love to play Project Gotham and old Forza games and you can be sure it won’t make me not buy the new games if that’s what’s worrying you. I never had an Xbox console before ONE. I really don’t want to spend money on used 360 just to play few old games. I don’t even have too much space for another box next to my TV.

I’ll take backwards compatability or an HD remaster but licensing is probably the biggest issue. Really would love to see that for FM to Fm4. Four awesome games!

If they make the older Forzas BC I will stay on Xbox forever. Also upgrade those graphics to 4K. How cool would that be?

I really hope that 1 day we see the older Forzas brought back to life

It should be about licenses. You have licenses for tracks and cars and you don’t have it anymore. So it’s not possible to do it. You can buy it again but who would pay it? Nobody. Motorsport and Horizon sales are nothing special so it’s probably hard to build so big games.

Yeah but like I said though is Microsoft could create a backwards compatibility layer more in the Xbox software that could run older games in the future. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t add older tracks or cars in future versions of Forza though that could also make it more possible as well to do it overtime. Like it’s not an impossible idea either of them though like I said is Microsoft has started a project it’s likely they will keep it around and work on it, it would seem like a waste to create a project like backwards compatibility and just end up getting rid the project though plus it would cost a company to even start a project like that never mind putting together the team to work on something like that.