Back to Forza! Tuning teams from previous Forzas and some questions

^^^^

And admittedly it’s a bit of an ego thing on my part. With no way to measure success it takes the competition from everything.

Some painters do it because they enjoy it but I know of a fair few painters who are top notch that really can’t be bothered because of the lack of attention they get even when advertised here etc. Unless you receive a t10 select for the paint job it’s likely never to be found by more than a handfull of people.

Tunes don’t really get bothered with unless they are on a starter car or brand new dlc or they are a shared tune from a leaderboards car near the top of the leaderboards.

Hotlappers have very little reason to run unless they are completionit’s and want to be seen on the first page of every layout in all classes. There is no way to tell overall whose fastest without forza stats or even what t10 had in place in forzA 4 with an overall time. This also encouraged maximum participation unlike the way forza stats works because there was no way to be near the top of the lb if you didn’t set a clean lap on all layouts.

And even racers have very little to look forward to. The way the league system works is the slowest player in the league could win the league each week if that person also has the most spare time and is in the league every minute it is open. And for a good portion of the faster players they need to go elsewhere to find competition anyways. Anyone who plays iracing will have an idea of what I’m talking about for the racers. Their leagues are set in a track for the week and have a set schedule of when races starts. Points are also given out towards the series championship based on finishing position and strength of competition not how frequently you race or even how frequently you win because if you win against a bunch of noobs all the time you still won’t be competitive in the series championship. Is this the best and only way maybe not but until I see something better it is currently the best way to have competitive racing.

1 Like

Good points all! I totally understand the lack of motivation when looked at from those perspectives. The systems are very “clunky” to work with. I have a few tunes out there myself and it is a pain to check on them. I definitely feel for the painters as they get very little return for their effort, which is usually considerable. I have to laugh sometimes when I buy a new car and I see the recommended paints. Often there is one or more that is just a simple solid color with a stripe or something. This is a recommened design? How?

Admittedly, I do miss the storefront, not so much for the money aspect but the organization. I like the sharefront concept. If they could give us a SF style page for our work it would be much better. And again, the painters really should get a bigger return for their time and effort.

Baby Cow, your spot on about the leagues. I like the ghost league just to have some fun “live” racing without the idiocy of the public lobbies. I also use them to try out tunes and cars, and to see what others are running. I have to say, it made me smile to see a Prowler win an AWD C class lobby. The point system is a joke though. I started last weeks league the first lobby on Mon morning and the leader already had 80K points. Seriously!?! Even if I didn’t have to work for a living, I doubt I could spend that much time on my Xbox.

Reading these comments makes me sad to think of what we had and what we now have. If T10 would actually listen to their community this game would be great again. When I was a part of AutoArt we used to go all out on releases. Tunes, paints, HLC’s and photo competitions that went with those releases with limited edition prize cars to the winners. Even dabbled with promo videos where we did stunt driving. People used to be passionate about this game because we used to be able to do stuff like that and have it recognized by the community. Hell, I remember a competition in Forza 4 for Hyundai where the winner actually won a real Hyundai veloster. Another competition was done by Falken where the winners paintjob was actually ran on the Team Falken 911 RSR in the final Petit Le Mans of ALMS. Now its just another racing game. Pretty disappointing to say the least.

Haven’t they given away a car in this game; a real car?

I miss the Class Leaderboards but found the overall leaderboard to be extremely misleading, as very few bothered running all tracks in all classes. I miss customisable public lobbies, with the option to tune in the lobby.

As much as I enjoyed being part of a team that released cars and paints, and the associated threads that accompanied the release, I dislike what became of the Auction House, after it fell into the hands of the money glitching, paint stealing, members of the community.

The storefront was pretty cool and made things pretty for everyone to share and manage files.

In all fairness, with Forza 6, you get out of the game exactly what you put in. It lost the majority of its best features when they released Forza 3 but I still see a lot of the same names playing 6. There may be disappointment with each new game but we all keep buying and playing, perhaps not with the same frequency as before.

Forza 6 has its faults (poor track selection, even poorer car packs and the audacity to ask for another bunch of money for the Porsche expansion pack) but it’s the best car game available on console, in my opinion).

The best thing that could happen is for another developer to blow Forza out the water ( not a PC convert). Maybe then Turn 10 will decide it’s time to raise their game. Easily achievable, were they just to listen.

I complain but it’s still my game of choice. Perhaps it isn’t all that bad!

Best car game I’d agree but I still think pcars is a better racing game. The lack of tire compounds or even tire wear (yes I know there is Tyre wear but I’ve yet to run into a vehicle that will need tires before fuel) a real pit stop etc makes forza less of a racing game than pcars to me.