Autumn #Forzathon Shop, new cars, and event rewards through January 31

I used your build for the 2019 GT3 - very driveable, very easy to control. Thanks.

The real key to this series is to actually not try too hard and concentrate on keeping the car under the control - the AI will make mistakes.

I really cannot wait to try this trial now. I got a few S2 and X class cars built to run on dirt. Heck, I got a dirt spec pagani. I thinks peeps need to consider their tunes and approach to driving. S2 dirt is much fun. Maybe the courses are not ideal? Update tonight when home.

Of note for trials, you do not need to run S2 foolish people. It matches drivertar to you so drive what you can handle unless for some reason this is s2 locked. Run a B class. Beat your drivertar rival.

For the Trial, you compete with 5 other players against 6 drivatars on unbeatable difficulty. Whilst you can drive other classes, if the other players pick S2 then so will most of the Drivatars meaning you’re rather scuppered on beating them…

1 Like

This isnt a gameplay problem, it is a community one. I love occasional s2 dirt, and love s1 rally. Allowing a full range of PI means peeps race what they want. If they want to win, run what you can drive. So what if somebody brings faster. Beat your opponent. It also means faster cars get better points.

On unbeatable, not all drivertars are good. Usually just one or two of the top cars are top pace and they fade off.

@ManteoMax, There is something PG might be able to do. The mechanics of trials is probably unclear to many. People see top of S2 and assume that is what they need to win. On these trials, can we get a message informing people that the opponents match car, and to win, just need to beat opponent. Then show a picture of the score victory screen with a wide range of PI in one race.

“Race what you like, help your team win by driving your favorite car”

I think if you could get your voice actor to do a dub, it would help. First time running a trial voice intro.

I agree, more clarifying info is better. This is definitely something you (we) should submit via Feedback ticket at the Support site linked at the top of the page so that it can be logged and forwarded to the developers. This is preferential method they’re using to collect feedback and ideas.

Can do. This evening was going to do a post summer suggestion and feedback. Will do this in a separate one this evening.

It isn’t that simple though. If one player picks C class, and all other pick S2. You end up with opponents that are all S2 except one who is C class.
The C class player beats the other C class player, that’s only 100 points. That player doesn’t win the prize just by beating his specific opponent, the whole team needs to earn more points than the drivatar team. So if a couple good racers want to carry the whole team to victory, they need cars that are fast enough to not just beat their opponents, but their teammates opponents too. In other words, it’s no good to pick a C class car and race perfect, if all your nub teammates pick S2, you will be behind their opponents, and your team won’t have enough points. You’d have to start a convoy and speak to your teammates and convince everyone to pick C class.

A message you describe, wouldn’t convince me to pick a lower class (even though I’d like to), because beating my opponent but losing to all my S2 teammate’s opponents is a losing strategy.

2 Likes

This could be good idea, i fine tune my beetle using this trial and worst thing this is that people pick S2 cars even tho they cant handle it well in wet asphalt/dirt. First race espicialy in start is crash fiesta, i get rammed in the wall there so many times, even AI rams me in the wall in that first tight brake when it seems that “unbeatable” drivatars dont know either that they have brake pedal what slow car down.

No must-have exclusives that I need to grind for? I can just take a casual stab at them at my own convenience, and no reason to be disappointed if I don’t get them? Excellent! Real life is going to be busy this week, and my Internet situation uncertain, so that is just perfect for me.

LOL!

That 10 miles is not counting. Tried switching to metric and back but it is not counting.

Here is the thing on the performance index. My A class in a field of S2 is a freebee for all the poor drivers as well. A person in an S2 who cannot control it costs point because they get beaten by lots. Result is that a couple good peeps in S2 are just behind lead car, then all the drivertars and last place is peeps who cannot control S2.

An D class gaining 100 points is better than an S class gaining none and giving drivertars more. Or if say an S1 in S2, you might be lower performance, but is still more than adequate to get mid pack of the drivertars. Now you take 400 instead of giving.

As a driver who is more proficient, lets take the track toys. S2 track toys on a road course is tough. For average racers, they fall back. Lost three peeps after first race who were bottom. We also had one person who brought a lower tune Xbow. But he beat his drivertar. Myself and 2 others had tough races and never got lead. Close, but not quite. As S2, errors have worse conscenquences, lower margins of errors and harder to come back from.

That Xbow won us the series because they were able to beat their drivertar. Those of us who were close meant AIs were close. So getting position meant a few and good points. An error meant it cost us way more in close fields. First race with dropouts and a drivertar banding me past a checkpoint resulted in me behind three other drivertars ahead. A loss. Second race, another guy spun out. 50 point win fortunately.

So that xbow did their equal part by driving what they were comfortable they could win. Yes, they only got 100 points and gave drivertars x00, but every one of us in higher perf cars also got that x00 setting us at a net positive.

The mechanics of the scoring means best average overall wins. It means that a driver, like our team mate in the Xbow who wants to race fun and casual, can do so, contribute and win.

There is no carry in the team trials. You coming in first is only a 50 point edge. The overall average placement must be higher.

I would rather a whole team with 1/4 in B class beat their drivertar than the whole team in S2 with 1/4 at bottom. It isnt fair to higher skill racers, and the expectation isnt fair to casual players. The system is set up so that even vs unbeatable, if team, regardless of PI, runs clean, you all will win event. As more people follow and understand this, we will get more victories, especially during the first event.

1 Like

Maybe you need learn drive faster? I have finnish 13 races in this trial event and i havent lose even single time at AI drivers and i dont even wallride, AI in trial events are terrible because how badly they drive and im not even best driver out there.

I dont know how the screens look on the computer but its in the video section. Performance or quality. Quality isnt as smooth but at least the counter will work

Kinda have to say the same. In last race i was half a lap ahead of the next AI Won all of those by a pretty big margin. Easiest trial so far.

Especially the second and third race seemed rather easy because the AI couldn’t handle the dirt sections at all.
Came in front of every AI car despite using a S900 car.

This is an Xbox-only setting, I believe. Video settings on the PC include things like resolution, frame rate, vertical sync, etc.

1 Like

I gotta call the above two post followings out. For an experienced player with top tunes and no aide, then yeah. Can usually get in top bracket with perhaps just trouble in top drivertar. They all dont run the same. Really have to call out Sprungboss considering how many complaints and unfairs I usually see.

“Drive faster” the advice of only the most pedigreed trolls and toxic players.

People who actually are skilled, versatile and enjoy gaming also understands there is a wide range of skills, knowledge and experience. An S2 alone is tricky with aides for lower skill. Stability ABS and TC can all handicap you vs unbeatable… A lot. The dynamics of a porsche can really hurt a less experienced player. Toss in mud and it is a no win for unexperienced.

Hence if you to are so great, then take time and teach all the players about tuning cars, proper throttle controls and how to race with proper lines and keep stable cause they have a controller and not a keyboard.

S2 rally is tough, plain and simple. Impossible without lots of experience and setup. However unlike the fall trucks challenge, this one has a massive range of options to meet the player experience. I do not have time to teach every player in the game (who needs advice) how race and tune. But we can share that you do not need to run S2. In fact it is easier to win if you bring a lower PI car. More fun, and better chance to win.

1 Like

Protip: If you’re going to bail on the championship, do it during/after the first race. At least then the rest of us have a better chance of winning the next two. When you bail in the middle of the second race (usually after losing the first), you guarantee a loss for everyone who stays.

3 Likes

Whatever ones if you switch it asks you to restart now or restart later…I had no clue it was different

Just pick standard 959 with LazyData tune and it flies to win with a huge margin.