Autumn #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and rewards through September 12

This Trial was my funniest yet, my team had enough worthless imbeciles ragequit before the end of the 2nd race to let me win 2-1.

I still can’t remember the last time I had to re-do a Trial.

Only reason my team won the Trial at the first attempt was the guy who held back for a lap on race three and then assassinated the AI as they lapped him! Unconventional tactic, but I have to admit I was grateful!

1 Like

Good idea!

I thought your car became a ghost once you were lapped.

I’ve thought about doing that, especially after missing a checkpoint.

Tips and miscellany

The Trial sure was a bit different. Had to try 3 times.
We won the first race since all but one on our team quit. I got 650 to us and that was it. On second race I got bad start and ended up just in fourth position, remaining team mate didn’t got any points. No worries, there was one race left but I got rammed by Drivatar and missed checkpoint, ended in rewind loop where I kept missing the checkpoint, finally managed to turn car around, or did I reverse to checkpoint, but race was lost.

Second attempt, I got 650 from the first race, but we lost as team. Didn’t managed to get very good position on second race either since someone went all Max Verstappen on me when losing control soon after start. Lot’s of players quit in last race but I kept trying just for giggles. Tried to ram Drivatars to slow them down, got thrown out from track. LOL

Third attempt was the charm. We had pretty good team with someone very competent and he took sure win while I took second position. On next race I brought 650 and it was a win, so mission complete at that point. Yet I kept trying on last race and even after some mistakes become second. It might have team loss though, since not everyone cared anymore.

Even though upgrades are not allowed, I did few things with tyre pressure and ride height. Tune shared.

Ramming appears to be difficult strategy on this Trial. I tried it myself and it didn’t went as planned. I also saw several players trying to do that but somehow Drivatar cars appear to recover very fast while player cars may get thrown around quite a bit.

Those who want to practice, races in Trial are: Horizon Festival Route, Elmsdon on Sea and Bamburgh Coast Circuit.

Playground Games was win for our team at first effort.

PR Stunts: Bugatti Veyron SS X-tuned, except for Drift Zone where it fell bit short. Used Formula Drift BMW to complete that. Didn’t bothered with Fortune Island this time.

I completed Championship on Pro difficulty with normal clutch and braking line on.

Championship: “RR Spotlight”
Did this with stock '19 Porsche 911 GT3 RS. I found the event difficult and managed to win only one of the races but had enough points to win the championship. Even though event was RR Drivatars accelerated like they were running on AWD tune. I think all the races are winnable with stock '19 Porsche 911 GT3 RS on Highly Skilled at least, but even though I really like Street Races, S2 ain’t my thing.
Routes are: Derwent Valley Dash, Edinburgh Stockbridge (easiest, IMO) and Reservoir Run.

Championship: “Neunelfer”
Did this with the same stock '19 Porsche 911 GT3 RS without realising I was using the prize car. LOL
I found this series much easier, though still a challenge, I did better on this event for some reason. Got two first positions and one second position. Routes are Holyrood Run, Coastal Charge and Batham Gate.

Championship: "Autumn Community Championship”
This is perhaps most interesting community championship to date. Routes are Morning Rush by Gene Anjuise, Edinburgh Grand Tour by Chabobox and S2/X Overall Benchmark by Eggs a cutiem3.

Did Morning Rush by stock '09 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1. It was quite fun on this route, but I ended up in difficulties on Edinburgh Grand Tour. I changed car to stock '13 Dodge SRT Viper GTS but went to do S2/X Overall Benchmark race next, which despite of it’s icon, is Road Race. Won it but Drivatars were pretty good on this route. Went back to do Edinburgh Grand Tour and it actually took some effort to finish even at 4th position. Definitely one of the better custom routes I have ever experienced. I just must get back to this series later.

Car recommendation overall: 13 Dodge SRT Viper GTS, though Ford Mustang GT DeBerti Design might be option too. Didn’t had time to test.

EDIT: Did Community champ again with Ford Mustang GT DeBerti Design and it’s IMO the best option for stock cars. Can win all the events on Pro, so Highly Skilled shouldn’t be an issue.

#Weekly Forzathon with '73 Porsche Carrera RS

Get 12 stars from Speed Zones
Place route marker on Glenn Rannoch Speed zone but start by complething Foothils Speed Zone. Keep following route towards Strathbridge Speed Zone and finally complete Glenn Rannoch Speed Zone. Do course on reverse to get 5 more stars, head back to complete Foothills Speed Zone one more time and if necessary Strathbridge Speed Zone and you should be on 12 stars.

Win 3 Road Races
For Road Races redoing Lake District Sprint from previous Playlist was really enjoyable. Cotswolds Super Sprint, Meadows Sprint and Greendale Club Circuit are easy and enjoyable

Win 4 Dirt Races
Feasiest to… still easy. Moorhead Rally Trail, Drivatars can’t take portion going over Mud Kickers very well. Bamburgh Pinewood trail, Derwent Reservoir trail (lots of tarmac) and Greendale Foothils scramble.

Showcase Remix: Forest Sprite
First time I completed this I noticed there was quite a bit of rubber banding happening and it was actually bit of challenge to figure out what kind of time I needed to win the remix. This time I won with time 1:33.173. Not perfect run by any means but hope that is useful as target time. And is it just me or is car we use tuned bit differently this time?

need help with RWD Rear Engine Challenge.
What car/tune should I use?
I don’t seem able to finish 1st…

Stock 2016 911 GT3 RS. Because this car has a PI that is almost close to S1, drivatar is also slower.
And this car has a great grip, so you can drive it almost like an AWD car. Probably the most suitable car for beginners.

2 Likes

If anyone is still having trouble with the RR spotlight, I shared my “RR Autumn 901” tune for the 16 911 GT3 RS.
As stated above this car is great for RWD beginners, and with a PI just over the line at 901 you will end up racing against an easy mix S1 and S2.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks, couldn’t get ahead of 6th using tunes. This worked perfect first time. TC and SC on help too. First try with your suggestion.

Good call, worked great.

1 Like

Edit: Wrong thread.

turn on TCS

1 Like

Managed “The Trial” after about 8 attempts!

Ended up tuning my transmission after the first three or four wasted attempts and this seemed to work and I was getting up into 2nd place quickly enough at times (but quick enough to take 1st though).

Anyhow, despite being in 2nd place a few times on the 1st race, I ended up quitting anyway when I saw the block of red (all the AI) between me and the next driver on my team.

Then the AI must have got tired as they were really poor on my last attempt.

I got a decent start from the back of the grid and passed the AI before the end of the 1st lap and they never got passed me again (just after the drift zone in fact).

However, three of my team-mates were long gone and by the end of the race, were a good 5-6 seconds in front and I could only manage to finish 4th.

This continued for the next two races and we won 3:0

The stats were:
Race 1: 3350 vs 300
Race 2: 2350 vs 1300
Race 3: 2150 vs 1500

Happy, but confused why the AI went so bad so quickly.

Maybe one of your teammates went in front of the AI and slowed down, blocking them, letting his fellow humans overtake everybody? Because that’s how I get my team to win most Trials.

I would normally think this, but the four of us were all in front of the AI by on our own merits just after the drift zone on the lap during the first race.

All my team-mates were taking the top six places on the last lap, until the guy in six dropped to ninth (maybe missed a checkpoint).

Here’s a 35 second clip of the last lap.

Excuse my poor driving (I am pretty crap all told) LOL

What if you just happened to use the best opportunity to pass several Drivatars on that route inspired by the flow of your team mates? :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, that’s best place to do that and if you adjusted your speed and racing line to reflect your team mates, that can happen. There’s something about that video though, like framerate pumping, is it just in my imagination?

Like I said, they were long gone before I got near the drivatars!

Can’t see it myself, but it was trimmed in the “Upload Studio” app on XB1 as the the regular “Trim” tool kept throwing up an error while trimming.

So with that and YT encoding, maybe that is why it’s a bit rubbish (wasn’t meant to win any media awards) LOL!

Oh, that’s okay. I just wondered if there was some sort of network issue or something happening since you mentioned you felt like Drivatars were slower than expected. Now that has been ruled out and framerate fluctuation which may, or may not be there can be attributed to editing software, maybe we could attribute it to not Drivatars getting slower but you getting faster. :wink:

The only difference from when I was coming in 7th - 10th in the first three attempts, was that non-scientifically I tuned the transmission.

This enabled me to get a better position than previously, agreed, but I don’t think the tune was anything special as the other three guys (who started at the front of the human pack) were gone, passing all the drivertars in the drift zone. I got from I think last or next to last place on the grid to fourth just after the drift zone.

Also, I cannot remember a time when all six of the human players were in the top six places…ever.

Never mind, all done and dusted now!

Gonna try it again to see what happens.

Well, tried again, same car, same tune and they left me for dust!

So it must have been a glitched-trial but I’m thankful for that as it was a real PITA to be fair!