Autumn #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and rewards through December 5

Hudson 600 tune ran and hid on the trials. Fun car, have used in low PI events in past. Team not strongest, couple quit, still won easily.

1 Like

The Trial is fun and I already ran it a couple of times in some RWD builds.
Only downside so far are the corner bombers who drive AWD swapped power builds and simply smash into everything.
Particularly annoying through the Ambleside Sprint serpentines.

The Ferrari 512 S is the complete opposite of the Pista from last week. Extremely potent at S900 as RWD with the racing V12.
More than enough grip, over 400kmh top speed, only lacks brake power.
Set the new RWD lap record for S900 on my test track (without considering the obviously broken Shelby Monaco).
Roughly 10 seconds faster than the PI 912 Pista. I don’t understand the car programmers at PG anymore.

2 Likes

I used the 1940 Ford Coupe for the trial, purely because I hadn’t used it previously. Tune by xxJ0n4Th0Nxx. Lacks power compared to some of the options but is very stable through high speed corners. Good option if you are struggling a bit with some of the big power RWD cars, which most people in the trial seem to use.

Trial took me two attempts. Apologies to my first team as I flipped the car on the first race by oversteering into a corner which had a little wall when cruising in the lead, which cost us the win as I didn’t have time to recover. I won the other two races but two of our team who finished 11th and 12th in every race ultimately led to a 2-1 loss. Second team was strong - won all three races with the drivatars only scoring any points in one of them.

Another week of trial, another week of getting deliberatly put into a wall by a teammate. What’s wrong with this comnunity that the one mode that should bring people closer together is the most rage-inducing one af the entire game?

Anyway, I’m past the point that I can just shrug it off as ‘boys will be boys’. I’ve gotten some red mist and took my revenge and I don’t like myself for doing that. I think it’s time to say goodbye to the online portion of this game. If I have some reputation (for some reason a little over 200 people think my paints are good enough to folow me) it can only get ruined now.

I loved the trial and Classic Sports Cars championship this season.

Rods & Customs is a division that doesn’t get a whole lot of love and I absolutely love it! I may do the trial several times just to drive them some more, I used the '32 Coupe and just cruised through it with ease and none of my teammates were that bad, we had one quit when we were at 2-0, which was odd, but not one single person wrecked someone else.

Lower class racing is where it’s at and I think the reason most people haven’t been struggling with the trial as much is because the lower class cars are easier to drive and much less likely to have enough power to cause people to drive squirrelly, unless they are just bad at driving or doing it intentionally.

Please more like this PG.

4 Likes

did anyone test the buggy champ. that is the most bug filled champ i ever seen. any buggy want to roll over at any speed. ai is beyond aggrieve and fk the steer controls. it want to keep jack knife to ether direction .

Buggy buggies being buggy bugs me too. :smiley:

1 Like

These are dirt races, don’t use a class 10 buggy. I used the desert dingo, but anything with less travel and tighter springs can and will help in this one.

The Can-Am is still game-breaking in any event the AI uses it in. Recommend that PG load several instances of the game in Azure, give them a mix of AI including the Maverick, and run hundreds of iterations of races across different courses, conditions, etc. and see what kind of trend emerges. That should give you enough data to see the problem.

Yup, I had two Can-Am buggies in my races. Thank god my Rip-rod did well.

Unlike Class B Can-Am, Class A Can-Am is still a machine that can be defeated.
Use Ariel Nomad if you do not have DLC. This car can easily defeat Can-Am.

1 Like

Im happy about the Lamborghini Veneno in forzathon shop. The first post should be updated btw.

Very easy trial. 1st, 1st, 3rd. Needed a bit more handling on the Impala for the last sprint.

Gave three more runs to this Trial, this with '52 Hudson Hornet. Ten Trials total and not a race lost yet.

Hudson turned out to be good. Was bit tricky to figure out to how built it. Tried with race tyres and it was good, then went back to stock tyres and put PI on engine upgrades and while it was still fast I was surprised how much lateral G’s mattered with this car. Very different to Cadillac. Put Street tyres back and changed some engine upgrades and had fun with it in my last Trial. It’s top tier car anyway no matter, but found it more enjoyable with street tyres. Tune shared.

Still seeing most players using Hoonigan Bel Air but there’s also been players whom have Hot Rod scene liveries in their cars which is nice touch in event like this.

Relatively new to the forzathon part of the game… done the summit or nothing twice now, won both times… still says I haven’t won, is there a certain level the drivatars need to be on or a certain percentage your difficulty has to be on?

Heads up - the current Forzathon Shop timer ends at midnight GMT (4pm Pacific)

The Elf Outfit and Santa Hat were last offered in Series 4 a year ago.

2 Likes

Super Wheelspin: 5 per customer. At 150FP a piece, I won’t ever buy one…

PG killed the Wheelspin market in the very first game update last year when they changed the price of the regular ones from 10 to 40FP. Back then people felt motivated to do Forzathon to power their way through the game the fastest they could and, after the update, there was an immediate lack of interest, since you needed the Lake Lodge house to even be able to buy one after a successful Forzathon Live session.

Now the regular ones are even more expensive, at 50FP. Nothing is stopping me from buying a cheap car with a good perk tree and farming Wheelspins off that, so why increase their pricing in the Shop yet again?

I just don’t understand the balance of regular prizes in this game. In Seasonal Championships there’s individual races that often give more money than the championships themselves. Now this situation with the Wheelspins, as if to force people to earn them the old-fashioned way, which sucks because Super Wheelspins are nowhere near as good as advertised when it comes to their odds.

2 Likes

you do realise they were set 10FP for the reviewers so they could get a feel for it without having to spend hours grinding.
Some of the lego championships give a single wheelspin for beating DT’s in three races.
This weeks car challenge took around 10 -15 mins for 200FP or 4 wheelspins, actually good value compared to lego.

I would agree though the wheelspins and superwheelspins in the shop are a waste of time given the sillly amount of spins it throws at you in every other way.

1 Like

Theres a few in the AH for as little as 5000cr and you only need 4 Skill Points to get a wheelspin.

I always thought that was a good investment and it put me on my way to purchase all the multi-million cars from the Auto Show, before eventually hitting 200,000,000 credits through normal gameplay, before maxing out after reaching Legend Tuner.

1 Like

What’s up with the new items in forzathon shops with limited availability? I thought it was only during the 16 black Friday sales cars as confirmed earlier… I managed to get the PO car which is the only one I didn’t have. I was gonna play again only Thursday, luckily last night boot-up the game randomly and show new items which I don’t have (ELF outfit and santa gap). Now I’m worried if I missed something else as well. It was more than 24 hours difference did they put something new in between? Wish they inform these via the twitter as well…

Speaking of tweets any idea what’s this about?

Where I’m supposed to join them? I certainly didn’t see any free cars either as advertised…

1 Like