Auction House Achievement

Hi,

I am new to the aforza games and want to play through them all as they seemed to be loved by everybody that plays them.

I am a huge completionist, especially with achievements, and want to know from the commuinities opinion whether you think the Auction House will every be enabled again? This makes the Car Broker achievement unobtainable which makes me not want to start the game.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Also does the Forza team regularly check these forums?

I would seriously doubt it will be available again.

And they say they do but don’t expect much interaction.

Hi they do but they ain’t going too bring back 3 servers for people too do such tasks unless someone is paying for all them servers too stay on then i ain’t seeing it coming back on.

I’m in the same boat - I’d love to go back and work on this game for the Forza Rewards points, but since the full 500 points is contingent on getting 1000g, seems a waste to start unless they turn the servers back on for the auction house achievement.

I wish to return FM2 Action House. I play a lot Forza 2, Now I am Level 49 :smiley: :smiley:

I think that developers do not care players who play Xbox 360. Nothing. See Forza Horizon 2 360 edition, no Forza rewards for this game. Injustice 100%
(Please excuse my poor english)

Achievements should never require that servers be maintained. Some of us don’t discover these games until years after, then we aren’t able to finish achievements.

1 Like

Years after? we ain’t talking about 2 or 3 that would be understandable the game is 9 years old now

2 Likes

I second this. I’d love to be able to complete this game.

1 Like

I agree, or at least unlock the ones that will be unachievable after the servers shut down.

I am also skipping FM2 entirely because of the achievement.

Shame on achievements design choices they made.

In the past there were several petitions to reopen the servers, but it doesnt seem like any of those petition was successful.

Cant they just release a patch which unlocks the achievement for everybody?
This way they dont have to reopen the servers.

Im trying to complete my Forza-Score and working on completing FM2.
It is just sad that you cant get a full Forza-Score because of this one achievement.

i am pretty sure that this could be done but they dont care like most say this will be the only one i will not be able to get full score also other that the forza 6 apex as i didnt buy a gaming pc yet lets hope they dont do that with it also but i dont think thers any online ones with that game

I wonder how much it would cost to make Forza 2 servers available. I would be glad to spend some money to make this happen. I have seen so many posts about this over the last few years that there may be lots of people willing to contribute. I won’t mind to pay another $25 to complete the Horizon 3 expansions when they come out. I would easily pay $25 for access to Forza 2 servers again.

Maybe if a bunch of us say we’ll pay for this then T10 would listen. All of the posts I have seen so far are putting the cost on them.

Forza 2 is still a great game. It is amazing what you can do with a well tuned car there. I also need to complete the 1,000,000 points online but you can never find anyone to race with. I am sad that I will never have a perfect Forza score.

T10 could offer a Forza 2 “second chance” where for $25 you could buy a year membership to play Forza 2 online with all of it’s functions intact. How many buyers are there? Make some noise!

Paying money to get one achievement sounds weird in the first moment, but I’m sure that a lot of people would do it.

But at this point there wasn’t even any kind of statement from T10 on this issue… It’s kind of sad…

I’m at 18,975 points atm and I’m still working on “1,000,000 online credits”, too. It is hard but still doable.
Check out TrueAchievements for boosting sessions, it is the only way to gather enough people.

Poor design choices everywhere in Forza.

The token reward points thing in Forza 4 also is a bit disturbing, but not so much like an unobtainable achievement.

They’ll not release a patch. A patch needs to be tested and money and time are spent. And FM2’s licenses are obviously expired already, just like FM3, FM4 and FH.

Best thing to do is hurry towards FH2 and Forza 5. A shame for such a nice franchise.

1 Like

What licenses you are talking about?

Even if it isn’t possible for them, they could at least give us a statement.

There are a lot of licenses, like car manufacturers, parts, music, etc. (Intellectual property obviously)

Of course we don’t know the details of specific license deals they have, but the “delisting” means a game cannot be sold anymore until a new deal is done.

I don’t know if you remember or even care about other games, but here are some examples:

• Sega can’t sell After Burner Climax, Outrun Online Arcade, Castle of Illusion because of the airplanes, Ferraris and Mickey Mouse respectively.
  • Capcom can’t sell Marvel vs. Capcom Origins, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 because the Marvel characters licenses.
  • Microsoft can’t sell FM2, FM3, FM4, and FH because some licensing expiration.

Just a guess, but the music should be the worst licenses for Forza. I don’t believe a parts manufacturer would be greedy to ask too much %. The game is an advertisement for them after all.

There was a little comotion this year because of the expiration of Castle of Illusion. It was a 3 year license. Disney is the worst regarding licenses. So if you care about Marvel, Star Wars and anything Disney owns, I sugest you to play the games sooner than later.

1 Like

Well this could be an explanation because the game is 9 years old already…

//edit: Somebody created a new petition in case anybody is interested: FM2 Petition on change.org

2 Likes

Thank you! I signed the petition.

Sorry do not like to connect to sites I am not familiar with, but count me in on the petition. It would be great if FM2 auction house was turned on even for a weekend!

OzzyGeoff