At the end of series we can finally say: "horizon world cup" is the worst event ever in Horizon

It wasn’t bad it just wasn’t worth the hype they tried to form around it. At all.

A winter Olympics themed event would have been better, especially considering the chinese car tie in, but the problem is Mexico doesn’t get very wintery so they would have had to use fake snow lol

beside the fact the worldcup was sus to be a scripted cup with a already choosen winner.
It just happend way to often that the choosen car with the choosen country didn’t counted in the choosen event and I ended up using a car from another country only to get the event finished.
what makes the complete worldcup pointless
btw. a cup called worldcup should be open for all countrys…

It’s not the worst in history. Driving in the snow through 2 pipes, and onto a jump with a set distance is the worst in history.

3 Likes

Nah, that was a challenge.

That wasn’t a challenge! That was hit rewind over and over until the RNG finally gave you the right micro-bounce to clear the culverts and ramp.

3 Likes

That is the only point i can somehow agree on. And only because i miss the weekly challenges. And i dont liked the fact that only the “Famous” Countries were involved.
Beside this its like every other Week before and after. I even enjoyed the current one. Driving untuned cars makes a lot of fun. The McLaren 670 is really nice to drive.
Apart from this: its something different. PGG tried something new. It didnt worked on the first try, but i think they learned from this, and the next event will be much better.

I wouldn’t be so sure, they didn’t learn from FH4.

1 Like

I played FH4 nearly from the start. i never noticed an World Cup in there? Did i missed something???

I bet i will be one of the last ones then.
I still enjoy the game. Have some motivation-hiccups from time to time, but this happens to all games i play.
Nevertheless: FH is still the only game i allways come back to.

No, there wasn’t. I’m just saying that if the devs barely learned anything from a game that had been out for 3 years before FH5, they’re probably not going to learn much from this series.

1 Like

@JustPureLuck08

Let’s hope you’re wrong.

I sure hope so.

Here is nothing “new” in the world cup.
It is close to put left over food together reheat it and make up some name tell us this is “new dish”

It simply use the sandbox tools put 6 cars + random track together and it is badly done. (LM002 for road race? really?)
Then make up some status about which country is winning.

1 Like

And what else are the normal weekly challenges/racing events?

You take some cars, choose ONLY 3 tracks and here you go. Race Event ready.
You take one Challenge (Drift, Speedtrap/Zone or the other one: Trial), choose Car/Class and LI, and here you go → Challenge ready.

Lets be honest. The Game is limited to what you can do.

We once have had user created tracks in FH4’s weekly challenges for some time, but i think they were not appriciated by the community so the vanished.
And if you cannot include user created tracks, what else will you do? You have to use the ingame Tracks and go creative with the Cars… Thats why the LM002 was on the Road.

Ok, i like to be clear on this:
I really wish the ability to create my own Racing Champoionships with multiple Races like in FH3, but since the feature didnt come in FH4 i also dont expect it to be implemented in FH5 or a possible Fh6.

1 Like

So why this brand new game still re-using the same sandbox maker from FH3?
They know it is are going to make “Seasonal content” again. But don’t bother to make a better tools?

And since they should know it cant set 6 country rules in the sandbox tools.
The world cup idea clearly dont work. Not only it dont have proper tools. And also dont have proper cars list?

Instead of world cup. How about weeky country theme? Yes it is re-use stuff but atleast it work better?
Maybe japan week we race jdm on mountain? Drift race in track? put some history cutsence and teach people something about car culture?
USA drag race or maybe use the tool build a round track and we all race like NASCAR?

Do you know why community track is bad?
Because the game limited display 2 checkpoint at once. So if people put many checkpoint in close range we get lost in the track.
so why this problem still in FH5?

There are lots of race type can be done in this game.
Endurance race
Maybe PGR4 cone challenge?
Put lots of traffic in the road and see how many cars we can over take in limited time?

And why we dont get track update? put the new track earler in game so poeple can practise on it.
Then later put in seasonal content? so we dont always drive the same track over and over again? Maybe atleast a extended version of the current track? so we dont have to learn all at once?

2 Likes

Deleted

1 Like

@Maidoll

Fist of all: I’m not that deep into the engine/development of FH, so i don’t know if/why they are using the same tools just like in the older games so i cannot answer this to you.
To everything else: You are absolutely Right and i would love to see such events. Lets hope PGG sees your post and decides to do something similar.

But that is what i meant: the World Cup was an (failed, even i liked it … sometimes! ) try to do something different, now they can build on this and improve it. Maybe even in the Way you described it.

I wonder how long the normies will keep carrying this game.

1 Like

Four months in, I’d say about 90 percent of them are gone by now, or do not play regularly at the very least. Also, from my experiences on Reddit, you’d be surprised how some players who’ve been with the franchise a long time still sound like normies for whatever reason.

Agree 100%.

I can honestly say in RL I care nothing about the world cup, at all, period.