Arrbjorn's Paintscapade

Picked up Forza 5 for Christmas, and have been enjoying it ever since. The racing is plenty fun and there’s plenty of it to keep me busy, but I decided to slow down and start enjoying some of the other parts of the game.

The first thing I decided to do was make a re-make of Reese Bobby’s ride from Taledega Nights. It was simple enough to do, and getting used to making shapes with the ones available to me was good practice. I must have spent two hours trying to make the 3 for the side of the car.
Reese Bobby's Ride

The next thing I decided to take on was the General Lee. This required me to make a Union Jack, outlined text for the driver’s name position over the windows, and custom numbers for the sides. I started getting the hang of the tool set with this one.
General Lee
General Lee

With a little more experience under my belt I decided I wanted to make something a little more custom. I chose the worst care I could have possibly chosen. I decided to make a hot-rod VW Beetle. The mapping Turn10 did on this car is despicable and they should be ashamed. That being said I went with a tri-tone Charcoal/Red/Black combo with some simple flames. I really liked how it turned out.
Hot Rod Beetle
Hot Rod Beetle
Hot Rod Beetle
Hot Rod Beetle

After spending hours dealing with the horrible texture mapping on that vehicle and realizing they were just planar mapping the side/front/back I picked a van, because all that other stuff aside, who doesn’t love a 70s van? I made custom counter-sunk screws, a bubble window (held on by the aforementioned screws) and laid out a truly wicked 70s paint scheme. This is my latest creation and I must say it turn out rather well in my opinion.
70s Vandura
70s Vandura
70s Vandura
70s Vandura

Looking forward to hearing what the community has to say about how I am fairing so far. Thanks all!

Did I do something wrong in this thread that it’s not getting any replies? I’m brand new to this community so my apologies if I’ve offended.

Some good paints here, I really like the van one.
The forums these days are really quiet. You may get people viewing your page, but hardly anyone replies these days, keep painting tho.

@Arrbjorn
Nicely done. I think one of the reason why people arent replying atm. Is probably because this is the Forza Horizon 2 forum and not Forza Motorsport 5 hence even though these designs are awesome we cant actually get it in horizon . Unless i am mistaken about that. Also i dont think a lot of regular members are active since the past couple of days.

Keep up the good work.

Nice work, the flag on the General Lee isn’t a union jack though. :wink: