Are we getting a virtual rear view mirror this time?

Since forever we have not had a virtual rear view mirror when in dash, hood/bonnet or bumper cams. Understandably I think the reason we haven’t in the past is the processing resources on a rear view mirror are pretty heavy. That’s likely why the Motorsport game gets it with just a set track but open world Horizon games do not. Since we now have the Series X processing power and lots of people are playing on PC, I was wondering if anyone has seen from screenshots or any release from the devs if we will be getting one this time. As a guy that drives dash or hood cam with my full sim setup, it’s annoying to have to constantly flip the joystick to look behind me while also going 200mph through traffic.

1 Like

There are a lot of us that play bonnet, dash or hood cam. And not having a rear view mirror is debilitating to racing. I know it’s a resource hog and they’re pushing the graphical power of the console every time. But now that this game has been on PC for a few versions could we please get an option for a virtual rearview mirror.

3 Likes

I sure hope so. I put it on the FH4 wish list at least a couple years ago.

2 Likes

I’ve begged for it for every Horizon. Doubt it but hope so. It really would make things easier in those views.

1 Like

Interesting that rear view reflections are now in the standard build for Horizon 5, I’m guessing they’ve made the rendering budget for the Rear View Mirror universal across first and third person.
That being the case the groundwork for a constant virtual mirror seems to be there, it’s just being applied differently right now.

any news for virtual mirror?? this year, if it’s is not present, i don’t buy the game… every time buy a game but i don’t play because for me it’s uplayable without mirror… after 4 edition, maybe it’s possible implement a virtual mirror, right??

2 Likes

Oh yes, the game defi. need a virtual mirror. That would be so awesome. Please add this in future to the game. It would make things easier and better to coordinate whats going on in the back of your car.

Push, push, push

1 Like

Nottingham news?? No virtual mirror again?!

1 Like

incredible… nothing again…it’s really ridiculous… for me, it’s unplayable… i need drive with external view with a wheel because with cockpit i don’t see rear mirror?? wtf? need for speed!!!

I really wish they would give an explanation for this. If it’s just too graphically intensive to do it just say so and we will stop asking. Ignoring the question since H1 is not making it go away.