App for FH5 that lets you create a basic racetrack and enviroment from scratch

Hey guys,

So I was watching a YouTube video recently and it showed a gameplay of a crazy custom built track with steep climbs and sudden drops in Gran Turismo 6. It was then I remembered there used to be an app you could download and create a simple point to point or circuit track for use in the game. Granted, it was nowhere near as advanced as FH5’s event builder feature in terms of customization and object placement, but it did allow you to create a simple track in a custom environment ranging from roads on a field, to desert dirt roads.

Afterwords I got to thinking: What if Forza made a similar app for Forza Horizon 5? Where you could start with a basic flat terrain, and make a simple racetrack from scratch, complete with trees, objects, checkpoints and more like in the current event builder, but also with the ability to create route from scratch and do simple terrain editing. Now I’m not saying it would allow you to make a full size map like the Mexico map we have now. But rather, this would be a simple and basic map where you can have a few road junctions for different races and similar.

After all, I could not find any other console or even PC game that has a similar feature. It’s strange since Gran Turismo only had it for GT6 (Not sure about GT5) and nobody else including the GT Devs themselves have ever made a similar feature again. It’s almost like nobody wants to try it. Granted, from what I’ve read and to the best of my memory using it in GT6, the app had it’s short comings. But the idea of creating a race course from scratch, without having to rely on pre-existing roads is quite appealing. But who knows, it’s just a thought. Nothing too serious.

Let me know what you think of Forza decided to make either an ingame app or mobile app that let you create a racetrack from scratch, perhaps with the ability to make pit stops.