[ANSWERED] Multiplayer voice chat not working! No MIC/Can't hear others(their mic not lighting up)

So, I have had this issue since release.
The multiplayer, no matter if Free Roam or any adventure or race/club event I haven’t heard a single one talk in this game, and I can’t communicate either because the game doesn’t pick up any of my microphones(tested multiple ones ranging from USB to 3.5mm to just transmitting audio to Audio IN).

This issue is killing the game for me, as I have always felt Forza games online/multiplayer community to be a social one, where you can meet and talk to new people.
And so far, I have had zero issues with any other Forza when it comes to communicating via VOICE chat.

I don’t know how many people that are experiencing this, but I bet I am not the only one.

Because this game is nothing less than player controlled cars now, and it feels like just playing with drivatars most of the time, tho I am not.

So please, can I have a fix for this?

The game is fun and all, but a game can only last as long before becoming dull with antisocialness.

If this thread is locked, then I would want to point out, that we need more people to get this fixed.

Because one person talking about this issue isn’t enough for it to get fixed.

Playground Games, PLEASE! I BEG YOU, FIX THIS PROBLEM!

3 Likes

Yes, it is really weird for a game to offer voice chat but the feature has not been working from the very beginning. I approached Microsoft about this problem but they have not had any idea about what the root of the problem is.

1 Like

Heya!

I definitely understand that it’s bummer to not hear people wherever you go in the world of Horizon. You are able to chat with your friends in the game or meet people with our quick-chat options. Voice chat is also available with joining a convoy or being in an xbox-live party with your pals.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

All you just did is side step the question. We want to know why we cant use our mics in free roam or in races. There are even mic symbols next to gamertags in events, yet I cant get any of my mics to work. And yes, I do have voice enabled in both the in-game settings and windows 10 settings.

1 Like

Honestly when you do hear someone it’s never good. Either you get Darth Vader breathing, someone who thinks everyone else might like the awful music they are playing or someone just screaming to people in their house. Most people are in parties anyway.

2 Likes

Just because you are an anti-social person doesnt mean we are. You can mute everyone you want, but interaction with quick chat is BAD and its a trash ass system to be honest.

1 Like

And you, YOU SHOULD KNOW, the player base in forza horizon that plays for the multiplayer part WANTS to be able to communicate with others, not with your LIMITED trashy quick chat system but through talking OR typing, which you are absolutely against because your programmers can’t work out a good voice chat.

GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER, Forza Horizon 1, 2 and 3 was fun because you are with people, not because you are isolated. You have failed the community on both Horizon 4 and 5.

1 Like

Any idea how to get it fixed?
I read so many people that want to turn it off, but I never heard somebody just like you. Everything I can find is set to active.

1 Like

still no fix for this isollation issue? getting depressed in game with “no voicechat” and “everyone muted” issue… :frowning:

1 Like

sure hope this online quarantine will end soon and we can just use the simpel voicechat as intented… :cry:

lonely times these days!

peace and love to all. :wink:

1 Like

It doesn’t work in Forza 7 either. 6 too had issues. Mic flashing in lobby but you can’t hear them. All the time. I think it been disabled in H5 multiplayer lobbies. I’ve never heard anyone in H5 online. I miss those days from Forza 4 where it was civil and you talked to each other during racers. Those days are long gone but occasionally you meet people. I usually added the people as friends from the leagues or whatever I used to do. Doesn’t mean we talk to each other. Usually text chat. Good race and what not. I just respect it when they drive clean and they usually give that respect back.

I’ve said it many times in the forums.
Despite being billed as the most interactive game yet, FH4 (and now 5) are the most barren games ever when it comes to people actually talking to each other on the mic. Just happens to coincide with the release of the quickchat function, something I have never, and will never, use.