[ANSWERED] Map not loading

So it’s an issue caused by low RAM? The official minimum requirements are 8GB RAM and 2GB VRAM and my PC meets those, so I hope this can be fixed. I definitely can’t buy the game if it releases in its current state with this bug. Whenever I’m not encountering this issue, the game is perfectly playable with 40-60+ FPS and only slight stutters from time to time.

I managed to find a fix for me. Can you guys try it out?

It’s apparently because the game doesn’t perform well enough with unlocked FPS and the FPS being too unstable between 35-60+ is what causes the problem. When first starting the demo, in the benchmark and in the very first race (autumn) the 30 FPS limiter works. With the 30 FPS limit, my PC can maintain this FPS easily without any stuttering or drops below 30. So the issue isn’t present when the FPS limiter is in place. After that initial race, the FPS limiter stops working and from the winter race onwards, the issue starts happening.

So when they fix the FPS limiter, that would also fix this problem, although ideally the game shouldn’t have a bug like this when running with a (very) unstable FPS.

Unstable FPS don’t seem like the problem for me. I’ve got stable ~90 FPS.

Low RAM also doesn’t seem like the problem, as I’ve got 16 GB and have the issue.

My monitor was running on 144hz
I changed to 60hz on windows options, and locked frames at 60fps in the game.
This way I did the entire Demo without this bug

I hope they fix it for the full game, I don’t want to change that everytime, and I won’t use my pc always on 60hz, its annoying after you get used to 144hz.

If it’s not RAM or fluctuating FPS, then I think it must be slow storage. The game can’t load the map in time from the HDD. IIRC there is always high HDD usage for me whenever it happens. Do you guys all have HDDs?

I actually ordered an SSD today and will see if OS and game both being on it will fix it.

Just to report that a clean OS install with the game on the new SSD didn’t fix the issue for me.

I have a 500GB m.2 SSD

New NVIDIA driver 411.63 didn’t change anything and I’m still having the same issues.

Hei Wazhaii, your monitor is 60hz or more?
If it is more, try what I said about changing to 60hz, it worked for me.

Setting my monitor from 100hz to 60hz does seem to fix the issue. Still, this should still be fixed, it’s annoying to keep switching monitor refresh rate just to play horizon 4.

Hey everyone,

Please make sure your demo is updated. If you are still having this issue after you’ve updated, please email forzafb@microsoft.com so we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

i’m still having the issue in the full game, not only this but im getting quite bad frame stuttering, even though it sits around 90-100 fps

I almost solved the problem by installing the game on my ssd. It’s still happening in the bigger city when i am going a little fast, when i only have fh4 running it is just the bigger city where i have this problem. When i want to play together with my friends and i use a talking software like discord, the bug happens more often. I have no fps problems, solid 60 fps on high setting. (not custom settings)

It is really interesting because fh3 is now unplayable for me, but it got really good performance with my pc, when i bought the game and started out. In fh3 my issues were more with the stuttering and the big fps drops and unstable game. In fh4 i just don’t get theese kind of problems, just the map loading problem. I am thinking if i were just using the automatically detected settings (low) i won’t have this problem, i will try it out.

My pc: i5 6400
gtx 1050 ti
8gb ram

I Have the exact same issue, even the one in the big city. And i have an AMD r9 390 with lastest drivers, on windows 10 and ssd on System and Game (2 drives, one for each)

Same Problem for me with the same AMD Card.
Try many things but nothing helps at all.

If you are using an xbox one and experiencing the invisible wall glitch moving the game to an external hard drive solves the issue. No more glitches and game loads much smoother. When I go to my cars there is no longer a delay for the picture of the cars to be accurate either…huge improvement!!!