[ANSWERED] Horizon 4 is a Buggy Mess

I have sound issues. Its like the sound hangs on something that happens for say ten seconds. Often I am changing up through the gears and all of a sudden the revs remain static even though I am still going up through the gears. Car is going ok - it just sounds like its stuck at a given speed.

It usually fixes itself after 10 seconds or so.

I’ve yet to encounter any memorable bugs.

2 Likes

The only issues ive really had is that a few times chunks of the map loaded slow causing me to be floating in thin air and the occasional sound bug where my car’s sound is stuck on full for a few moments even when paused or stopped.

BTW on the east side of the map (behind the houses) there is a small patch of grass with an invisible wall around it.

I agree, forza horizon 4 is a buggy mess, me and my best friend paid 140 bucks for the ultimate edition and are very dissapointed.

1 Like

I paid more than that and I’ve played since release with barely an issue…let alone it being a buggy mess

What you or anyone has paid is irrelevant…doesnt make you more special than anyone else that has issues

Ill reply to a post that was made 40mins ago…
The games still buggy. I cant seem to stay in a convoy while setting an event. I randomly appear some where on the map and on a different server after completion of said event. I just stopped doing online events other than horizon live.

:+1:

I feel bad for people who let a few bugs get in the way of enjoying a game. Crash to dash? Oh well, I’ll start it up again and enjoy what I was doing. Sounds go wonky for a few seconds? Keep driving.

I imagine you all clenching your controller/wheel foaming at the mouth whenever a minute bug happens, must be stressful.

I had a few issues but I doubt I would have played it 330+ hours if it was a buggy mess.

1 Like

Crashed once I think. Few times after gear shift sound was stuck some seconds. Got once disconnected from Team Adventure.

Works just fine.

However some weird decisions regarding that said Team Adventure but those are designed, not bugs. Stable 120 capped fps. Only complain is the structure of online races.

2 Likes

I haven’t had any of these issues on the xbox one although I will say the variety of other issues currently in the game - won’t get into specifics - are holding me back from buying it. I only played it on game pass.

I have spent upwards of 300 hours in this game so far. I haven’t experienced any severe issues aside from I think 2 crashes (one a long time ago, and one recently, after unlocking the 1st treasure in fortune island).

But that being said, I have to agree that this game feels A LOT more buggy than FH3 did - sound glitching is happening every playthough, more than once. I hate how you are unable to flip your car back if it’s on its side. Just breaks the immersion, the car turns into a brick. Sometimes a small rock on the side of the road is enough to bring my car to an instant standstill.

It definitely feels less polished this time around, which is sad.

I agree. Why bother adding the EU / regular bumper when ye don’t even convert the boot to EU specs as well ?

Do they oversee their game or what ?

Z3 3.0L

Z3 M EU

I’ve noticed a few of the issues here can be solved by reading the articles here in our support guide.
Especially audio and wheel based issues.

Also if you have an issues or bug, please submit a ticket here.

Why? What is the point? For almost a week now this stupid game (which I refuse to sink any cash into until it is fixed) has done nothing but crash, freeze, crash, crash, crash, here play ONE part of Forthazon Live, crash, crash, etc etc… Has anyone responded to the myriad of forum posts regarding this? Has anyone even bothered responding to support tickets?

Have they hell!

As I said this has been happening for almost A WEEK! This is unacceptable!

The only good thing about it all is it just so happened to start at the exact time I decided I wanted the Fortune DLC and maybe a Car Pass… That saved me a few quid on something I wouldn’t have been able to use

1 Like

Listen…if I have to restart the game 4 times to be able to play (Xbox One S) SOMETHING IS WRONG. On top of that, the sound issues, i mean get real. I dont want a refund, im only posting here in hopes that the forza development team might fix this [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]!

So, I was working on a new design, I had been working on it for about an hour, got all the corners filled in nicely and BoOOM!!! Crash, all that work tossed into the bin like it never even happened.

Italmost seems like they designed thos game to punish people for something they percieved we have done wrong. Can’t even take a break from the Group Bullying without a crash.

My game is really mess right now, i buy new car few hours ago i build it, test it and then buy new car from carshow and did same thing and then try to get back from car that i buy earlier but it’s nowhere on my garage, autoshow show owned but it’s dont show up in garage. Well i then restart horizon to test if that help, i was in dodge charger when i shut down to game and when i get back my current car was some reason changed to subaru imbrezza, was really scary feeling open up garage to see do i have any cars, thank god yes i have but still cant find that car nowhere that i buy earlier.