[ANSWERED] Forza Horizon 4 wont launch (PC)

My forza horison 4 wont launch it opens for about 2 seconds and then crashes.

4 Likes

https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst131733_-READ-FIRST–FAQ-and-HOW-TO-REPORT-AN-ISSUE.aspx

This is not a very good solution. The support is closed and the email bounced back to me. So, are you just ignoring the issue?

1 Like

Try this: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us

I have exact same problem too.
We paid too much money for such a foolish problem.
The game (all forza games) do not launch on windows 10, just splash screen and then after 2 seconds the splash screen goes away and game does not launch.
We need an immediate solution.

7 Likes

I also have this problem. I click the game and it’s just the splash screen with the senna but the game never actually launches it just stays on that screen for about 40 seconds and then closes. I had forza horizon 3 on my old computer and it worked but when I got this new computer horizon 3 never opened. I thought horizon 4 would have fixed this problem seeing as the demo worked fine for me. This is a ridiculous issue as I paid $130 for this game and all of it’s DLC.

NEED FIX!

4 Likes

if you have an external monitor then that might be the problem if running it on a laptop, just unplug it when launching and plug it back in when it has luanched :smiley:

I had the same issue with no resolution.

I uninstalled all of FH4 and reinstalled the base game by itself. I can now play the game just fine.

I am having the same issue with Horizon 4. Just the splash screen then it freezes for a few minutes then disappears, game never starts. Seems like 100+ dollars is quite a bit to spend on a Forza Horizon 4 picture that disappears after a few minutes and takes 64gb to download. This needs fixed immediately.

My game dont open!! all drives and OS updated…Demo works, but de entire full game wont!! help me support!! i need my cash back!!

When I first encounter this problem, I was setting video options that caused game reboot. But the game never launch again.
Try to reset app by right clicking on Forza Horizon 4 > More > App Settings > “Terminate” then “Reset”.
I hope that will help.

1 Like

This worked for me. I thank this guy

Hi, I had the same problems until i closed down my Evga Precision Xoc

3 Likes

Thank you, this worked for me!

Hey there everyone! I have found a fix and i made a youtube video showing it off. Forza Horizon 4 NOT LAUNCHING 99% WORKING FIX (may not work for some users) - YouTube

wont work, guess ill have to refund

1 Like

I solved my problem by closing MSI Afterburner

5 Likes

definitely a MSI Afterburner issue I closed this and worked immediately. thanks forums people for helping once more

1 Like

Good catch.

I was having the same issue. With MSI afterburner running, the damn game gets to the splash screen and dies. I closed MSI afterburner and it immediately runs. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]! Last game I ever buy from MS.

This worked for me… Thanks!