[ANSWERED] Forza Horizon 4 infinite download...

I have started the download new for the 3rd time now and its at 80GB from 80GB again.

I tried most of the “fixes” that were in the other posts, most of them did nothing and some even deleted all my download progress,

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

My PC is runing full time since 3 days ago because my 6Mb connection is a joke.

Please give me some help so I can finally enjoy Forza 4.

BTW: Forza 3 is running fine, all updates are installed, AV is deinstalled

1 Like

still can´t play the game

Screenshot of download page: Screenshot by Lightshot

1 Like

I have this exact same problem. Took me more than 12 hours to reach the estimated download size (64.10GB) and I reached 89GB before I gave up. I’ve downloaded it twice now, and even reset my PC fully.
Had Windows Tech Support on my PC for 2+hours, and they exhausted all support options.
I saw a review on the FH4 page that said theirs reached 175GB!
Need a fix ASAP

Found the solution after neither Windows Tech or Xbox Tech support could fix it.

Open services.msc
Stop Windows Update service
Find SoftwareDistribution folder
Rename to SoftwareDistributionOLD
Restart Windows Update service

The download progress will go down to 0, then back up to around 35GB (mine was 35GB/69.50GB), and once complete it will install the game.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!That worked,now it’s showing me 43GB out of 66GB.Should I rename SoftwareDistributionOLD folder to SoftwareDistribution when I finish the download?

Hey, I have trouble finding the SoftwareDistribution folder. I have stopped windows update, but I cannot seem to find the said folder. My download keeps going and is curently at 89 out of 89GB. Would appreciate it If you could help.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution