An Idea For A New Online Drifting Mode

• I hate this! Boo!!
  • I don’t care. Meh.
  • I love this idea! DRIFTOoo!!!

0 voters

Hello fellow drifters, PDDrifter here!

I come to you today with a question:
Have you ever thought that the current state of online drifting (Open Drifting) is getting a little repetitive?

Would you like to try something new? A fresh challenge for car and driver? A brand new way to enjoy drifting??

Well my fellow drifters, I would like the community’s opinion on whether you think this idea of mine would be a possible solution!

_
I call it - HOT DRIFTING

Here’s how it would work:

Classes would be split much like current open drifting: A/S/S2 & AWD or RWD specific.

It’s basically a race for drifters which consists of two different sections; a “speed” section and a “drift” section.

In the “speed” section, drifters would race as fast as possible and take advantage of their drift car’s available grip.

In the “drift” section, drifters would have to well…drift! They would be required to drift the entire way through the whole “drift section” and failure to keep a drift going would cause a time penalty.

_
My main gripe about “Open Drifting” as it is now is: it really doesn’t incorporate speed. When in online drifting, you spend the majority of your time drifting down long straights at 35-55mph trying to maximize your points.

This new mode I’m suggesting wouldn’t use points as a factor, but rather how fast you can drive AND drift.

In my opinion, this would make for a much more fun and fast-paced way to test your car and driving skills as well as encourage tuners to build machines to push the limit of grip & drift.

_
I got my inspiration for this idea by watching old “Hot Version” videos. I have always been a fan of the Japanese style of drifting seen in Hot Version.

For those who don’t know, there are two different styles of drifting:

1. The EU/US style which requires allot of power with little grip in order to power-slide through corners.
  2. The Japanese style which requires a lightweight car and grippy tires in order to dive-bomb into a corner using drift and momentum to slow down and corner.

The current “Open Drifting” mode is favorable for the EU/US way of drifting which requires allot of power, but I would like a drifting mode which more favors the Japanese style of drifting. I feel “Hot Drifting” would satisfy that urge.

Please let me know what ya’ll think!

Regards,
-PDD

I think the speed section will be unbalanced because you can just pick an AWD drit car like the hoonicorn ( or smth else idk), which isn’t too difficult to control.

I agree TBH

The current “Open Drift” separates classes by AWD and RWD, so I think the same can be applied to this new mode as well! That being considered, do you think that would make it more balanced @rcbXbruhni?

I’ve always been very bias towards RWD myself. In my opinion, RWD separates the real drivers and the drivers who use nothing but AWD like it’s a “Crutch” or a “Driving Assist”.

1 Like

Yes i think so. Btw i`m looking forward to this idea; i think it’s interesting and i’m curious for the new tuning concepts that’ll come with the “Hot Drifting”.

Thanks man!

I’m always open to other suggestions to new Horizon Drift Online modes as well, so if anyone had any ideas please share with the community.

The main reason I made this topic is because I am unsatisfied with the current online drifting mode available. I hope we can come up with some suggestions to make Horizon 6 even more spectacular! :v::grin: