An event is in progress

Queued for online racing…
An event is in progress…
5 minutes later…
An event is in progress…
5 minutes later…
Exit game

3 Likes

Yeah had same thing think after launch in nov/dec it showed new event but now…
It wasn’t even showing new event window after searching for new horizon open session
Anyway think i’ve pressed wrong buttons

2 Likes

16 Million + players, but only ever 1 event running at a time… or you must wait in queue…

makes sense.

6 Likes

And finally loading that 1 event only to find that’s it just you and 1 other player when there should be a full team… yeah, totally makes sense.

2 Likes

i will never get this. pretty sure it’s the worst matchmaking in history of games.

3 Likes

Even if it worked well I wouldn’t be a fan of it, every FH from the Xbox One era onwards has used this and I still see no benefit.

What does being able to aimlessly drive about in the world while we wait give us? What’s PG’s problem with old fashioned lobbies? You get in straight away, you see who you’re in with and what they’re driving and have the event information at the side for everyone to see either what is up next + how long until the race will start or which race is currently in progress so people would know not to waste their time if it was the Titan for example, you get none of that with what FH does.

Also with the Trial and seasonal PG’s I do not understand how a game from 2021 needs to make you wait multiple minutes before it will even start searching when games not even from the same century would do it instantly, is the game really not capable or are we just simply having our time wasted needlessly?

Lobbies were a thing in games for so long because they were simple and did the job, why the developers clearly have a huge aversion to them I do not know, issues like anon’s here wouldn’t have ever even arisen if PG had just stuck to a tried, tested and trusted way of how players get into online portions of games.

1 Like

anonyyymous ah, this is the guy playing with wifi that complains about long loading times… right. :stuck_out_tongue: i knew there was a reason i had him blocked.

I just saw your comment as it appeared several days late. I assume your chat is moderated and can understand why.

For the record I don’t play on WIFi and have never claimed to have ever played on WIFi let alone discuss it.

The point of this topic is to discuss legitimate issues which impact most of the player base. If you have something meaningful or constructive to say then be my guess. Otherwise feel free to PM if you want to be a keyboard warrior and I’m happy to take it up with you there.

Your comments made me laugh because they are funny, but also cry because they are true…

Only had the Event in Progress wait at the start and missed the first race of the three. But it guarantees you are further back in the standings at the end. It’s why I only do Open Racing to meet the seasonal challenges.

1 Like